• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Flu/Covid Experience

I even sniffed those ammonia sniffing salts and that didn’t phase me lol

You sure it didn't get you a little high? Lol.

For those unable to follow at home, this Covid is a slightly different type of flu-like ailment that really doesn't like old, fat or really sick people, but nicely spares the youngest from the worst.
7Zo7XUS.gif

forcing-sick-nurses-to-work-fired-unvaccinated.jpg

You sure it didn't get you a little high? Lol.
Doesn’t get you high. It just activates certain pain receptors through your nose to alert you. Paramedics use them to alert people if they are knocked out.

I have no smell to notice anything though. Sucks

That cartoon character in the orange and blue. That’s my son lol. That’s from a show called Dragonball z. My family has an inside joke where they call me Goku and my oldest son Goten because he came out exactly like me. Lol.

That character always hits the heart strings

You sure you didn’t just get drunk and piss yourself? 😁
I know I didn't get drunk when I was under the weather but for a few seconds I had to wonder. 😆

I read where night sweats were common with Omicron but losing sense of taste and smell were not. I retained both while I was sick.

I know I didn't get drunk when I was under the weather but for a few seconds I had to wonder. 😆

I read where night sweats were common with Omicron but losing sense of taste and smell were not. I retained both while I was sick.
I drank a few brews during. I was sick during the national championship game. I still somehow managed to drink. Not gonna lie the buzz eased the symptoms for half an hour lol

What if the tests for the different Covid varieties also ring positive with other cold and flu viruses?
If the tests show positive for the original gangster Covid 19, and then for Delta and then for Omigodicron, then it is likely that they could show positive for other rhinoviruses and coronaviruses......that just kinda makes sense. I know of several folks, sick, who tested daily, then finally got a positive on the test. It is difficult to believe that a person with the dreaded Covid didn't have it for the first 4 days of illness, but magically got a positive test as their isolation went longer.......why isn't everyone calling bs on the tests?

Those who test positive know that have a positive test for something like a cold or flu or Covid. Nothing more definitive.

What if the tests for the different Covid varieties also ring positive with other cold and flu viruses?
If the tests show positive for the original gangster Covid 19, and then for Delta and then for Omigodicron, then it is likely that they could show positive for other rhinoviruses and coronaviruses......that just kinda makes sense. I know of several folks, sick, who tested daily, then finally got a positive on the test. It is difficult to believe that a person with the dreaded Covid didn't have it for the first 4 days of illness, but magically got a positive test as their isolation went longer.......why isn't everyone calling bs on the tests?

Those who test positive know that have a positive test for something like a cold or flu or Covid. Nothing more definitive.
Early tests were bullshit and couldn't distinguish but from what I've read the newer tests (non-rapid) are more accurate. In my case I got tested with a rapid test and also a separate flu test, both negative. Since it was only day two of having symptoms, she sent another sample to the lab, which showed positive.

I'm waiting on the pharmacy to deliver my ivermectin so that I can kick this **** quicker.

Early tests were bullshit and couldn't distinguish but from what I've read the newer tests (non-rapid) are more accurate. In my case I got tested with a rapid test and also a separate flu test, both negative. Since it was only day two of having symptoms, she sent another sample to the lab, which showed positive.

I'm waiting on the pharmacy to deliver my ivermectin so that I can kick this **** quicker.
You either had Covid and got two different results, or you do not and got two different results. So the tests are wonky.

Or

If your illness "got worse" and "became Covid", after it wasn't, and the tests are good, but Covid is really more like the common cold or flu than we have been told.

Regardless, hope you are better soon!

I say let the higher ups deal with the mess. They created it and they want to ***** about it when it backfires. I get to put my feet up and relax watching it all bite them in the ***. Good times good times

You either had Covid and got two different results, or you do not and got two different results. So the tests are wonky.

Or

If your illness "got worse" and "became Covid", after it wasn't, and the tests are good, but Covid is really more like the common cold or flu than we have been told.

Regardless, hope you are better soon!
I tested positive. Either I had mild symptoms or this thing is overhyped. It seems a lot of people are testing positive and not dropping like flies like the news makes it sound

a little cough and snot for me...Biggest problem for me was dizziness and night sweats ...never had a fever never lost smell or taste...never stopped drinking whiskey..

a little cough and snot for me...
Exactly what the wife, son, and I all had. No sweats or dizziness. Lingering cough (more like clearing your throat type of cough) lingering on for a few weeks.

Exactly what the wife, son, and I all had. No sweats or dizziness. Lingering cough (more like clearing your throat type of cough) lingering on for a few weeks.
I have literally had a version of this my entire life. I have been diagnosed with asthma, allergies (to almost everything), and oversensitivity to respiratory issues....and still cycle thru that sinus and sorta cough, with flare ups. As a child, it seemed much worse. My parents smoked and my mother was a fanatical cleaner. I have since come to understand that these nasty cleaning chemicals were likely the cause of my "allergies" and may have had a long term effect. The further I got away from medical "solutions", the healthier I have been

The point is, none of this stuff, or the effects of the much feared Covid seems much worse than that which I -- and many, many others -- have experienced in normal life. It is clear that respiratory illnesses hamper lung and heart capacity, and are causal factors contributing to deaths in those with compromised health....so I ask again, how is this Covid really any different than the many variations of the flu or common cold?

I have literally had a version of this my entire life. I have been diagnosed with asthma, allergies (to almost everything), and oversensitivity to respiratory issues....and still cycle thru that sinus and sorta cough, with flare ups. As a child, it seemed much worse. My parents smoked and my mother was a fanatical cleaner. I have since come to understand that these nasty cleaning chemicals were likely the cause of my "allergies" and may have had a long term effect. The further I got away from medical "solutions", the healthier I have been

The point is, none of this stuff, or the effects of the much feared Covid seems much worse than that which I -- and many, many others -- have experienced in normal life. It is clear that respiratory illnesses hamper lung and heart capacity, and are causal factors contributing to deaths in those with compromised health....so I ask again, how is this Covid really any different than the many variations of the flu or common cold?
I am not doubting that the original strain of Covid and/or even Delta was not different. They all were lung based and pneumonia infections and could have serious repercussions to those with co-morbidities. Even a couple of healthy people that I know died from Covid that were NOT elderly, obese, or had any other co-morbidities. The game changer now is that Omicron which is more transmissible and also becoming the predominant strain, is an upper respiratory based virus. It is essentially giving symptoms similar to the cold, flu, bronchitis...etc. The sooner people take the masks off, catch the Omicron variant, the sooner this pandemic will be over.

Yep, I'm hanging onto my cough too. Not a big deal but occasionally it sounds like I'm coughing up a lung. More of a nuisance than anything but whenever I get a cold or flu I typically cough for a few weeks afterwards anyways.

Reactions: MTC
Now here we are, 2 years later after all the masks, lockdowns and vaccine shot mandates - and everybody seems to have it. What's that old adage - the proof's in the pudding?

Ehh, not so sure. If that was true, Biden would've found it by now.

I have taste but I know the feeling with no smell. I even sniffed those ammonia sniffing salts and that didn’t phase me lol

NOW is the time to visit Ark!!

• Wow
Reactions: MTC
Yep, I'm hanging onto my cough too. Not a big deal but occasionally it sounds like I'm coughing up a lung. More of a nuisance than anything but whenever I get a cold or flu I typically cough for a few weeks afterwards anyways.
Me too. I cough like I hit the grade A reefer or something lol

Can anyone point out the emergency we face now?