• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Flu/Covid Experience

Well I was able to workout today. I do have a sore throat, cough and a runny nose. Aside my fever and body aches have disappeared. I slept all night last night
Did you get a bout of the night sweats? When I had it, I woke up one night soaked and freezing. I still have some cough remnants but the severe pain in my left arm from my lymph nodes has been gone for about a week. I guess that is my new red alert when I'm starting to get sick. . my arm feels like it's about to fall off.

Glad you are feeling better. Take it easy awhile longer if your body is telling you things are still not right...

Did you get a bout of the night sweats? When I had it, I woke up one night soaked and freezing. I still have some cough remnants but the severe pain in my left arm from my lymph nodes has been gone for about a week. I guess that is my new red alert when I'm starting to get sick. . my arm feels like it's about to fall off.

Glad you are feeling better. Take it easy awhile longer if your body is telling you things are still not right...
No night sweats. Just fatigue, fever, body aches, dizziness and did come down with a minor cough, chest congestion. I do feel a little off today, but nothing like what I had last week

Reactions: JMM
And to anyone who works out and recovering. Steer clear of pre workouts in recovery.
I took some pheta plex and had a nasty bout of nausea lol.

Dealing with the Flu now. Typical aches chills congestion sore throat bullshit. Watched McClintock last night while drinking Brady. Great night. Going to watch Hondo in a bit.

I mentioned in the vax thread that i'm pretty sure i have it. My mom got it in a nursing home and a few days later i had a fever. For me it was mostly just a cold aside from a fever that i had for about 5 hours. The day prior to that i had some diarhea which i didn't think anything about at the time but apparently that's a symptom and over the next few days i did have a bit of it but not much.

I was just tired and slight fever for a few hours then some sinus and chest congestion but nothing major. Slight headache and slight sore throat. I was still able to work a full day from home on the worst day although i spent half the day just staring blankly out the window unable to stay focused.

Then after about 3 days of general crappiness, i felt OK then i actually felt good. Monday i went out and did the shoveling and felt fine. It felt good getting fresh air. Then later that day Monday it seems it came back. All the sinus and chest congestion, mild headache, but no fever this time. Just a stuffed up nose and slight chest congestion but not bad enough to cause shortness of breathe.

I'm still stuffy tonight but not as bad as last night or this morning. I heard this thing seemed to linger. I hope it's done soon. Not anything too serious just annoying thus far.

I mentioned in the vax thread that i'm pretty sure i have it. My mom got it in a nursing home and a few days later i had a fever. For me it was mostly just a cold aside from a fever that i had for about 5 hours. The day prior to that i had some diarhea which i didn't think anything about at the time but apparently that's a symptom and over the next few days i did have a bit of it but not much.

I was just tired and slight fever for a few hours then some sinus and chest congestion but nothing major. Slight headache and slight sore throat. I was still able to work a full day from home on the worst day although i spent half the day just staring blankly out the window unable to stay focused.

Then after about 3 days of general crappiness, i felt OK then i actually felt good. Monday i went out and did the shoveling and felt fine. It felt good getting fresh air. Then later that day Monday it seems it came back. All the sinus and chest congestion, mild headache, but no fever this time. Just a stuffed up nose and slight chest congestion but not bad enough to cause shortness of breathe.

I'm still stuffy tonight but not as bad as last night or this morning. I heard this thing seemed to linger. I hope it's done soon. Not anything too serious just annoying thus far.
It’s lingering in my case. It has it’s ups and downs in terms of you feeling good.

Like here. I have some chest congestion. I can workout but do seem to get winded fairly easy at the moment. I’ve also lost all sense of smell but can taste.

No fever, no chills or body aches. All that was last week. However I do have bits of general uneasiness kinda like when you’re getting over the cold/flu. You know you’re recovered but easing back into life’s daily grind. That’s how I am as of now

Alright y'all, time to see what will never make the mass media but many have suspected all along.

Studies Find Natural Treatments for Coronavirus​

Contrary to what mass mainstream media would have you assume, coronaviruses aren’t uncharted territory. In fact, human coronaviruses are responsible for 15-30% of common colds each year. These outbreaks sparked interest from the complementary medicine community who began investigating natural solutions for treating SARS and MERS infections.

These natural substances demonstrating viral inhibition of SARS-coronavirus are likely also effective against the 2019 coronavirus, considering the two are closely related and share the same angiotensin-converting enzyme II-mediated infection. In other words, SARS-coronavirus and the 2019 novel coronavirus are both structurally and mechanistically similar and can be targeted by the same substances. For example, Glycyrrhizin (Licorice) appears to be more effective during the early stages of coronavirus replication.

S4E....this is right up your alley.

FBfsLqm.png

Just making a casual, off the cuff observation - but for like the first 18 months of this thing, I didn't hear many of us discussing personal stories about getting it.

Now here we are, 2 years later after all the masks, lockdowns and vaccine shot mandates - and everybody seems to have it. What's that old adage - the proof's in the pudding?

Good job ******** in power. Instead of focusing a little more on natural immunity, therapeutics and taking better care of yourself/preventative measures - you went full tyrannical, money-grubbing ghouls and downright liars & damaged a lot of good people and their children for a really long time. And now we have a broken middle class. Criminals.

I just found out that I do, in fact, have Covid. The rapid test come back negative, but they also sent in one of those three day tests and I got the results today. Seriously, it's like getting the flu. I'm four days into this and the chills/sweats stopped, just a bit of a head cold and some fatigue left. I'll probably work tomorrow. What the hell is the big deal?

Tape, this is exactly what I had and I still have some congestion and a cough about 2 weeks after I lost my fever but I hang onto colds/flu forever. If you get the antibody test where they can figure out what level your antibodies are, I guarantee what you had/have is/was Covid and you'll be good to go.

This is probably my sci-fi brain kicking in but I have to wonder if a less dangerous variant of COVID-19 was released so that the planet is immunized (using natural antibodies) against the heavier variants.

I just found out that I do, in fact, have Covid. The rapid test come back negative, but they also sent in one of those three day tests and I got the results today. Seriously, it's like getting the flu. I'm four days into this and the chills/sweats stopped, just a bit of a head cold and some fatigue left. I'll probably work tomorrow. What the hell is the big deal?
Exactly the same as me BC, but I got the blood test at my doctor's office to check the levels of my antibodies.. Did you wake up one or two mornings totally drenched from night sweats.

Alright y'all, time to see what will never make the mass media but many have suspected all along.

Studies Find Natural Treatments for Coronavirus​

Contrary to what mass mainstream media would have you assume, coronaviruses aren’t uncharted territory. In fact, human coronaviruses are responsible for 15-30% of common colds each year. These outbreaks sparked interest from the complementary medicine community who began investigating natural solutions for treating SARS and MERS infections.

These natural substances demonstrating viral inhibition of SARS-coronavirus are likely also effective against the 2019 coronavirus, considering the two are closely related and share the same angiotensin-converting enzyme II-mediated infection. In other words, SARS-coronavirus and the 2019 novel coronavirus are both structurally and mechanistically similar and can be targeted by the same substances. For example, Glycyrrhizin (Licorice) appears to be more effective during the early stages of coronavirus replication.

S4E....this is right up your alley.

FBfsLqm.png
Hey Moe, I can see DC from here!!! Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...

F the CDC, just another swamp bureaucracy. Likely initially installed for good purposes but hijacked like all the rest of the alphabet organizations in DC.

Exactly the same as me BC, but I got the blood test at my doctor's office to check the levels of my antibodies.. Did you wake up one or two mornings totally drenched from night sweats.
Not really, I had chills then sweat like a pig and back to chills...that lasted two days. The fatigue is the worst of it. I did Meal prep for the week and I was so spent just making food that I crashed last night at 6PM and didn't wake up until 2-am. I just took a shot of nightquil and I'm about to pour a nice bourbon to start my evening. Salute' everyone!

Not really, I had chills then sweat like a pig and back to chills...that lasted two days. The fatigue is the worst of it. I did Meal prep for the week and I was so spent just making food that I crashed last night at 6PM and didn't wake up until 2-am. I just took a shot of nightquil and I'm about to pour a nice bourbon to start my evening. Salute' everyone!
Yep sounds really familiar. You'll get through it, no worries.

For those unable to follow at home, this Covid is a slightly different type of flu-like ailment that really doesn't like old, fat or really sick people, but nicely spares the youngest from the worst.

Did you wake up one or two mornings totally drenched from night sweats.
You sure you didn’t just get drunk and piss yourself? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: JMM
For those unable to follow at home, this Covid is a slightly different type of flu-like ailment that really doesn't like old, fat or really sick people, but nicely spares the youngest from the worst.
I'm an Asthmatic and this **** is lame. I coughed up two globs of flem early on and have been fine since. ******* ***** *** virus. Tibs and flog are scared of this ****? figures...******* *******.

Congestion clearing up and today i lost smell and taste. It's like covid is going down a checklist with me.

Figured i'd embrace it. Made black coffee. What's the point of cream and sugar? At lunch i ate a whole tablespoon of hot sauce just to see if i could taste it. Nope. My mouth had a general tingly feeling so i could sense i ate something hot but no taste.

Went through fridge and pantry looking for stuff i don't like. Bit an onion like an apple. Found a piece of meat that looked a bit freezer burned. Just boiled it. No seasoning, nothing. What's the point?

It would be super easy to lose weight if you couldn't taste anything. Most calories come from cooking with oil or butter or sauces. If i still can't taste tomorrow, bring on the lima beans. Too bad i don't have any liver. Now that would be a test.

Hope taste comes back soon. If may be fun for a day or so but it would be horrible not to be able to taste anything for too much longer.

Just making a casual, off the cuff observation - but for like the first 18 months of this thing, I didn't hear many of us discussing personal stories about getting it.

Now here we are, 2 years later after all the masks, lockdowns and vaccine shot mandates - and everybody seems to have it. What's that old adage - the proof's in the pudding?

Good job ******** in power. Instead of focusing a little more on natural immunity, therapeutics and taking better care of yourself/preventative measures - you went full tyrannical, money-grubbing ghouls and downright liars & damaged a lot of good people and their children for a really long time. And now we have a broken middle class. Criminals.
I do think the majority of us who were sick in November 2019 - February 2020 had it. We just weren’t tested. But I do recall a nasty illness that just hit different going around that time frame.

This last bout that had me down last week was just a bad flu. I’m fine now but I have no sense of smell at all

Congestion clearing up and today i lost smell and taste. It's like covid is going down a checklist with me.

Figured i'd embrace it. Made black coffee. What's the point of cream and sugar? At lunch i ate a whole tablespoon of hot sauce just to see if i could taste it. Nope. My mouth had a general tingly feeling so i could sense i ate something hot but no taste.

Went through fridge and pantry looking for stuff i don't like. Bit an onion like an apple. Found a piece of meat that looked a bit freezer burned. Just boiled it. No seasoning, nothing. What's the point?

It would be super easy to lose weight if you couldn't taste anything. Most calories come from cooking with oil or butter or sauces. If i still can't taste tomorrow, bring on the lima beans. Too bad i don't have any liver. Now that would be a test.

Hope taste comes back soon. If may be fun for a day or so but it would be horrible not to be able to taste anything for too much longer.
I have taste but I know the feeling with no smell.
I even sniffed those ammonia sniffing salts and that didn’t phase me lol

Yeah. It’s not that bad. I mean it sucks being sick. But overhyped stuff.