• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Flu/Covid Experience

Glad to hear you are Ok Ron. I think they are obligated to say you'll be in worse shape if you were not vaccinated. In another five years they'll say, you'd be in a lot worse shape if you didn't get booster #36A.

FWIW, I think I did too much today. I worked outside and cleaned up after the storm, got the last of the Christmas things in and stowed. It really wasn't much in the big scheme of things but I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm ready for bed. Sheesh..
The cold is going around. My pops got sick.
I got the cold. Not vaxxed but not as run down. Chills, aches, minor symptoms. Just been resting after I worked out

So far it's like a bad cold. Chest and stomach muscles hurt from all the coughing and sneezing. Fever seems to have come and gone and is staying away. Test results emailed to me this morning, I'm positive.

So far it's like a bad cold. Chest and stomach muscles hurt from all the coughing and sneezing. Fever seems to have come and gone and is staying away. Test results emailed to me this morning, I'm positive.
I’m gonna test tomorrow. I came down with a fever and aches last night.
Other than that no other symptoms. Just really beat and achey.

Robert Palmer would say “Dr, Dr give me the news!…..HELP ME!!!”

I don't mean to thumbs up that the wife has Covid Ron, just that she's experiencing mild symptoms. Take care and keep us posted. We'd be lost without "Tales of the Undertaker" and "WTAE Weather". I think MTC just gets lost in general - but he is in New Mexico, and I've heard they make a lot of meth down there.

Tweaker :p

- Hippy
Hey hey I’m not DIC

Oh, I think we've been had. I'm certain of it. Is COVID killing people? It is. Is JUST COVID killing people? Not on the scale they want people to believe. Comorbidity has played a huge role in this mess. Add to it the admissions that if someone gets hit by a bus and dies, but tests positive for COVID, it's counted as a COVID death, and I doubt we will ever know the real cost or how much it was inflated.

I've said before, COVID is an addiction. People need this like a junky needs meth. It gives them a chance to believe that by wearing an old sock over their face that they are doing something to save the world. When the world moves past COVID, these people will be lost.
Absolutely. The flu kills, the common cold kills.
Covid is no different.

Felt ****** for a couple of days, like a bad cold. Took a couple of rapid tests which were negative, but who can trust any test these days. Feeling good now.

Lookin good too, I must say.
I still look sexy here. Got that squat booty.
If I wasn’t married that mirror would be getting some action

Feel a lot better than yesterday. Head isn’t as painful/cloudy.
Fever seems to be down. Scratchy throat now however. Fack

The sooner everyone contracts the Omicron or future variant, the sooner this pandemic will be over.
Yeah. I’m good just a scratchy throat and a minor fever. Symptoms feel like the usual flu season. We will all get through this

If for some reason the kung flu does take me. I told Mrs. MTC to bury me with my beloved materialistic belongings cause they are…well mine.

Yeah. I’m good just a scratchy throat and a minor fever. Symptoms feel like the usual flu season. We will all get through this

If for some reason the kung flu does take me. I told Mrs. MTC to bury me with my beloved materialistic belongings cause they are…well mine.
f6e743ab77a094f8ee9d756dfdeaf1b5.jpg

In all seriousness, hopefully yours stays fairly mild and you are back to 100% soon enough.

It was the name of my Echo and the Bunnymen cover band back in the 80s.

Echo & the Bunnymen are vastly underrated. "The Killing Moon" is awesome.

My mom, age 85, got a booster the other day and she's complaining that her arm is still sore and she has a rash.

I had two vaccines shots. Went to doctor for follow-up 7 months after second vaccine shot, he tested my antibodies and said, "You have almost zero antibodies left." He thinks it is more common to those with type O blood, like me. Told me I should get boosted.

Got the third vaccine shot because the first two did not take, and within 24 hours developed a very ****** case of hives. Had the third vaccine shot in early October, still have remnants of the hives on my right arm.

**** Covid, **** the Chinese, **** the ******* in charge who are not telling us the truth.

Well, I managed to catch some kind of stomach bug over the weekend. I was unceremoniously awakened at 4 AM with need to go the bathroom. Very queasy, light headed. Been on the pot probably 30 times today, can't keep any food or liquid in my body. This stuff is miserable.

Well, I managed to catch some kind of stomach bug over the weekend. I was unceremoniously awakened at 4 AM with need to go the bathroom. Very queasy, light headed. Been on the pot probably 30 times today, can't keep any food or liquid in my body. This stuff is miserable.

Media Matters has a job as a commentator you are now eligible to fill.

I’m fevery and lightheaded.
Going to the potty hurts for me. Only because I have body aches from being sick. I did leg day on Saturday and hot damn I have to hold onto the wall to lower myself lol.

Get better Sarge. We’re all going to get through whatever is going around

All time fav concert was Echo, Gene loves Jez, and New Order. Outdoors at Merriweather Post.

Awesome. I'm guessing you may be a couple years younger than me, a big fan of the post-punk music (Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Pretenders). I was a very big fan of punk (Pistols, Clash, Ramones), later became a big fan of post-punk bands, particularly the four listed.

Siouxsie Sioux has such a great voice.

Still fevery and lightheaded but did drink a few brews which kinda eased my symptoms so far

Going to the potty hurts for me. Only because I have body aches from being sick. I did leg day on Saturday and hot damn I have to hold onto the wall to lower myself lol.

Best diet ever. I lost 5.2 pounds in 24 hours.

That’s the clap not covid.

I wouldn't spend a silver nickel on a home test. Scam.

Whether you have the flu or omicron, you should avoid vulnerable people. The flu can kill your grandmother too.