• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For those who'd lump all religions together

Good point! That proves the Nazis weren't christian....

You win!

Yes, it's absurd isn't it? You obviously aren't intelligent enough to see when you are being openly mocked.

Nobody said the Nazis weren't Christian. For about the hundredth time. But no sense debating someone who has his fingers in his ears.

Bus, kindness will only work on those with a conscience and some base of morality. I'm afraid it's wasted on the troll.

Speaking of which- Hey what's your name.......nearly 500 posts and I see you're still riding here for free. Got an extra 6 bucks? This place isn't government funded ya know.

Oh I get it....those things you mentioned are the reasons the church helped the Nazis escape justice in South America.

As far as your panhandling; the content I provide is worth far more than this entire board is.

You guys owe me.

Yes, it's absurd isn't it? You obviously aren't intelligent enough to see when you are being openly mocked.

Nobody said the Nazis weren't Christian. For about the hundredth time. But no sense debating someone who has his fingers in his ears.

Oh, I know I'm being mocked. You guys have nothing else left in your quivers.

Im intelligent enough to understand the effect the truth has on those suffering from cognitive dissonance.

Im intelligent enough to understand ...

5HmUK95.gif

Oh I get it....those things you mentioned are the reasons the church helped the Nazis escape justice in South America.

As far as your panhandling; the content I provide is worth far more than this entire board is.

You guys owe me.

giphy.gif

And just like that you're still a nasty bigot.

No, I just continue to point out your schizophrenia...unless you want to stand up and confess that you are somehow a Jewish American Indian African American?

You (your words) have claimed to be a Jew on this board, as well as an American Indian. Through IP tracking, we also know you were on this board under another name pretending to be an African American.

So it's not bigotry to call you a Jewfrican Indian. You, yourself, have pretended/stated to be all of these backgrounds.

No, I just continue to point out your schizophrenia...unless you want to stand up and confess that you are somehow a Jewish American Indian African American?

You (your words) have claimed to be a Jew on this board, as well as an American Indian. Through IP tracking, we also know you were on this board under another name pretending to be an African American.

So it's not bigotry to call you a Jewfrican Indian. You, yourself, have pretended/stated to be all of these backgrounds.
It's racist to call him what he says he is.

Islam is a horseshit political move with an objective to dominate and oppress. ******* kids is evil. treated women like dogs is evil. it is the complete opposite what Christ taught. They're false. they will always be false.

Spoken like a true fascist. Whats the matter couldn't get coolie to ban me for showing the truth?

Says the idiot who would eradicate religion.

Don't worry I'm done posting in this thread./

Liar.

Yeah nothing passive/aggressive about that.......lol....like I said, you can't make this stuff up.

I don't hate religion, much like I don't hate Parkinson's disease. It's just something that has to be eradicated.

What about the hatred from your fellow Christians? You know the type of hatred that results in the deaths of 60 million?

And before the haters jump on me; I'm not posting about the subject we were discussing like I promised, just pointing out how the deluded react subconsciously when their fantasies and worldviews are exposed for the frauds they are.

I.E.;" I will still force it on you by praying for you, and you can't stop it."

Yet it's not passive aggressive.....

How islamo-fascist of you......

I guess I should thank you now huh?

I'm praying for you too. Praying that your circumstances improve to a point where you can afford 6 bucks a month.

I'm praying for you too. Praying that your circumstances improve to a point where you can afford 6 bucks a month.

Rod, you know that if it aint coming from the gov't, and free, it aint worth much.

I would like to argue the merits of religion, but once Elfiero got involved, I got confused. I have no idea what he's arguing or what his point is.

Islam is a horseshit political move with an objective to dominate and oppress. ******* kids is evil. treated women like dogs is evil. it is the complete opposite what Christ taught. They're false. they will always be false.

The Bible has just as much barbarism in it as the Quaran does.... the only difference is that the people that claim to have organized their lives around the Bible and what it proclaims have rejected the crazy stuff by using their own common sense. People of faith claim to get their morality from the Bible, but really the exact opposite is true. They read through it and adopt the passages that resonate with them.. like the Golden Rule, honor your parents, be a forgiving person, etc. and they reject the "stone your wife on her father's doorstep if she's not a virgin on her wedding day" and "kill your neighbor of you see him working on the sabbath" nonsense because their own common sense tells them that walking next door and hacking Fred to death when you see him cutting grass on a Sunday probably isn't the right thing to do. They are actually applying their own morality to the Bible ... not extracting morality from it. That's how you know when you hear one of them railing against homosexuality claiming that the Bible gives them the authority to make the claim that it is an abomination, it's really their own feelings and attitudes towards homosexuals being exposed. The same Bible that says homosexuality is an abomination also says that eating shrimp is an abominaton... yet I've never seen a bunch of thumpers protesting outside of a Red Lobster. That's because their own sensibilities tell them that there is nothing wrong with eating shrimp, even though their first century book of Jewish fairytales expressly forbids it.

The Bible has just as much barbarism in it as the Quaran does....
Indeed it does. I agree people with common sense - be they Muslims or Christians - tend to focus on the more positive side of their religion. Unfortunately, there are many fanatics out there that do the opposite.

I think one glaring difference though is that Islam actually promises a specific reward for "smiting the necks of the infidels" and whatnot by offering martyrdom to anyone that picks up the sword in defense of the faith.... i.e. the 72 virgins and such. While the Bible does give explicit direction as to whom should be tortured and killed and for what offenses, it doesn't "sweeten the pot" the way Islam does for those that carry out God's instruction.

There is one big difference.

Both religions started with the barbarity of the Old Testament and Moses' Pentateuch and all the old-school historic teachings.

What makes Islam so much crazier in my opinion is the difference in the Messiahs. Jesus didn't go around reaffirming all the barbarity of the Old Testament in his teachings. Muhammad seemed to relish in that barbarity and even one-upped it on many occasions.

That's a HUGE difference when you are talking about the Old Testament (written in 600-500 B.C.), the Gospels (written in 50-100 A.D.) and the Quran (written in 650-750 A.D.). You'd think the Quran should be the most advanced of the three documents, but it's the opposite. Part of that is the uncivilized era in which Muhammad lived. He wrote what was pertinent to the time.

To me it's still a flawed system (all religions) when you reward one subset of humanity with something as important (or mysterious, or foolhardy) as life after death and attach ANY conditions to that. All that creates is a method for men to control other men using that carrot of forgiveness and salvation. It's all wrong. The Old Testament did it. The Gospel did it. And so does the Quran.

We still see religion used to control mankind and their actions. We still see men use the carrot of salvation and forgiveness to become rich, to recruit armies, to act out their power-hungry plans. And we've seen both Christianity and Islam be used for those purposes.

Indeed it does. I agree people with common sense - be they Muslims or Christians - tend to focus on the more positive side of their religion. Unfortunately, there are many fanatics out there that do the opposite.

annnnnnnnnnnd since there are 900 quadbillion muzzies, if you were to say there were "just" 1%of the muzzie population following the ****** up ****, that number would be astronomical. Muzzies already out-number every other religious faction on the planet.

Do you liberal Islamic defenders truly believe that Christianity is as dangerous as Islam today?

I'll grant you that the type of danger that Islamic fundamentalists are creating in the world is very scary. But how many deaths can be attributed to Christians telling millions of Africans about the sinfulness of condom use at the same time AIDS was/is spreading through the continent like a wildfire. To me, nothing is more obscene than telling millions of uneducated people not to use condoms when you are fully aware of how effective they could be in at least slowing down the spread of a horrible disease like AIDS, and yet you choose not to because it doesn't jive with your holy book nonsense. It may not be as sinister as chopping off heads or flying planes into buildings, but if the end result is unnecessary suffering and death what difference does it really make.

I'll grant you that the type of danger that Islamic fundamentalists are creating in the world is very scary. But how many deaths can be attributed to Christians telling millions of Africans about the sinfulness of condom use at the same time AIDS was/is spreading through the continent like a wildfire. To me, nothing is more obscene than telling millions of uneducated people not to use condoms when you are fully aware of how effective they could be in at least slowing down the spread of a horrible disease like AIDS, and yet you choose not to because it doesn't jive with your holy book nonsense. It may not be as sinister as chopping off heads or flying planes into buildings, but if the end result is unnecessary suffering and death what difference does it really make.

You're full of **** right there. Missionaries and medical personnel were giving out condoms.

But how many deaths can be attributed to Christians telling millions of Africans about the sinfulness of condom use at the same time AIDS was/is spreading through the continent like a wildfire.

NONE. Because the sinfulness is ANY sexual activity outside of marriage. Nobody said "Sex with whoever you want and with as many people as you want is fine, just don't use condoms". If most people were having monogamous sex with one partner as the church preaches, there would be no AIDS epidemic.You can't blame Christians for the fact that some people ignore one part of the message and embrace the other part.

For the love of Pete.......

I am not here to defend the bad behavior of others, so why are you?
Who are these Christians? Missionaries? If so, I am sure they asked them to abstain first. That didn't happen either.
Always someone else's fault for bad behavior. What is it this time? Racism? Colonialism? You do understand that it's people making decisions to ****....like they do here. ....with bad consequences.

People make bad decisions all the time. Most choose to act on their own whims, and not based on the word of some outsider.