• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Free agency news thread

His father? You mean the one that let players like Leon Searcy, Eric Green, Rod Woodson, Niel O’Donnel, Chad Brown and Carnell Lake walk?
Early Colbert they were doing a great job of keeping their own. This isn't a good start for Omar no matter how you want to spin it.

sure doesn't seem like it. Sucks when we are losing are best players to the Lions.
No worries we will get that participation trophy end season. My mantle is full I might have to transfer them all to the attic. Things are getting crowded down below.

Edmunds to Bears. 4 years, $72 million. Bears are winning the offseason so far.

Because I see what they have done leading up to the fail. Again that contract wasn't earth shattering. He was arguably more valuable being versatile for the Steelers but they treated him like he was easily replaceable.

Offering him less isn't being aggressive. It is being cocky thinking those old ways are good enough. They aren't. I have seen enough to know they aren't...
Cam Sutton isn’t an earth shattering player. He’s not TJ Watt, he’s not Cam Heyward, he’s not Minkah Fitzpatrick. Maybe the Steelers could have cut one of them to sign Sutton? Like that idea? Didn’t think so.

Again, you have no idea how aggressive they were in trying to retain him. It’s an auction and the player goes to the highest bidder. That doesn’t mean it’s always right to be the highest bidder. It’s disappointing but it doesn’t necessarily mean the Steelers were negligent.

Cam Sutton isn’t an earth shattering player. He’s not TJ Watt, he’s not Cam Heyward, he’s not Minkah Fitzpatrick. Maybe the Steelers could have cut one of them to sign Sutton? Like that idea? Didn’t think so.

Again, you have no idea how aggressive they were in trying to retain him. It’s an auction and the player goes to the highest bidder. That doesn’t mean it’s always right to be the highest bidder. It’s disappointing but it doesn’t necessarily mean the Steelers were negligent.
There was plenty of things they could have done. **** restructuring TJ would have been more than enough. I do have an idea how aggressive they weren't they ******* showed it. They did 1 cut pre free agency and did nothing else. That is ******* obvious. Debate fine but don't try to blow smoke up my ***.

Look around the league and see what the better teams are doing then look at the same old ho hum approach the Steelers are doing.

Again not good enough by far.

Very true. The Steelers have almost always offered players that left a very fair deal and sometimes more than they got elsewhere (i.e. Bell took less yearly for the signing bonus).

Very true. The Steelers have almost always offered players that left a very fair deal and sometimes more than they got elsewhere (i.e. Bell took less yearly for the signing bonus).
They are stuck in their ways of doing things. They have to be aggressive to improve. Mediocre Monday isn't improving.

I'll wait and see who they bring in instead of Sutton. He was a CB2. I would have offered him less than $10 million so this doesn't surprise me. They do need to get those restructures done now so they can sign a CB in the coming week. They absolutely can't sit and wait until the draft.

While it would have been great to retain Cam Sutton it's not the end of the world. As you said he isn't earth shattering. Cam gambled he could get more than the Steelers offered on the open market and looks like he won. Doesn't mean the Steelers were wrong.

Generally speaking most players signed the first day of free agency are over priced.

At the end of the day even as much as everyone would like it to be, the Steelers aren't in a win now mode. We really haven't been since AB and Bell departed. Retooling was unfortunately put on the backburner until Ben retired. (The 11-0 start in the 2020 season may have been the worst thing that could have happened. It just kicked things another year down the road.)Adding good young pieces should be the priority. Now definitely isn't the time to tie up a lot of cap money with guaranteed contracts.

Last edited:
Patrick Peterson apparently is signing with Steelers per Ian Rappaport.
See exactly as I said a substandard replacement then they will force a first round corner. SMH

**** **** fuckity ****.

See exactly as I said a substandard replacement then they will force a first round corner. SMH

**** **** fuckity ****.
it's kinda ironic they were looking at him like 5 years ago or so. We got him on the downside of his career which I HOPE it's cap friendly. Wahooo, we signed someone. . .

His father? You mean the one that let players like Leon Searcy, Eric Green, Rod Woodson, Niel O’Donnel, Chad Brown and Carnell Lake walk?
That’s right,but you’re talking about the 80’s and 90’s before the current stadium was built and before more revenue was added from it.
When Heinz Field was built the team started retaining their own players.

Peterson played well last year, 33 years old in July.
He is a shadow of what he once was. I am not even going to try to convince myself he is an upgrade over Sutton... He isn't.

He is a shadow of what he once was. I am not even going to try to convince myself he is an upgrade over Sutton... He isn't.
This move tells me we are drafting at least one CB very high. Peterson is stop gap.