• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Freedom of political belief is now under fire by the left.

September is right around the corner youngster, good for you! Ron, I'd vote for you, well at least based on your age lol and consider you nowhere near old. As long as you would know when it's time to step down and not die in your rep seat. BTW I forgot to mention, that is really impressive.

Note that I'm doing them overhand. The Army guys said underhand is for sissies like the Navy.

I think we need term limits to keep the lifers out of Congress, in both parties. The trick is that you have to protect Congress' power over the bureaucracy or the bureaucracy will end up with too much unaccountable power, which they probably have already. You can turn over Congress but the folks who really run the place are there forever and won't change things much, as we see currently.

The owner of the restaurant that refused service to Sarah Sanders has resigned. Not really sure why, unless the business group she was in asked for her resignation. Anyway.....the link.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...er-booting-sarah-sanders-from-restaurant.html
I bet her actions after refusing Sanders caused the resignation. She formed group to protest at the bed and breakfast across the street where Sanders family went to eat after leaving her restaurant. She is dragging others businesses into her issue and I'm guessing nobody wants to lose 50 percent of their business base because of some Social Justice Warrior went off the rails. I have no doubt her business will tank after a short while because of this. She'll have a small bump in business with the Lib crowd which will die off quickly but she will not recover anyone right of center.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Note that I'm doing them overhand. The Army guys said underhand is for sissies like the Navy.

I think we need term limits to keep the lifers out of Congress, in both parties. The trick is that you have to protect Congress' power over the bureaucracy or the bureaucracy will end up with too much unaccountable power, which they probably have already. You can turn over Congress but the folks who really run the place are there forever and won't change things much, as we see currently.

It's ridiculous. I've been on a rant about term limits for years. When I hear things like Nancy Pelosi is running again it just boils my blood. I read in another post about the dems having more registered voters than republicans, but just don't vote. I find that to be true. I admit there are times I have to kick myself to get to the polls because in my mind sometimes I'm thinking why bother, but then my dad's words of "if you don't vote you don't get to *****" come back to haunt me and I go. I think that's a main reason people don't go, won't see change cause the same old same old are still there. I'm preaching to the choir though, so it is what it is.

BTW go Army! My dad was in the Army Air Corps (lol WWII days) and was one of the trainers for the Tuskegee pilots, something he was proud of (me too). You sure did put those Navy sissies to shame, good for you!

The owner of the restaurant that refused service to Sarah Sanders has resigned. Not really sure why, unless the business group she was in asked for her resignation. Anyway.....the link.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...er-booting-sarah-sanders-from-restaurant.html

Being president of a pro-local business group when you chase away customers and cause a boycott is not a good look. I did find out that the Red Hen is in a red county far south from D.C. I had assumed it was in the city or Democrat suburbs. I would still think that loyal Democrats would patronize it in a show of support but maybe Uber doesn't go that far from D.C.

It's ridiculous. I've been on a rant about term limits for years. When I hear things like Nancy Pelosi is running again it just boils my blood. I read in another post about the dems having more registered voters than republicans, but just don't vote. I find that to be true. I admit there are times I have to kick myself to get to the polls because in my mind sometimes I'm thinking why bother, but then my dad's words of "if you don't vote you don't get to *****" come back to haunt me and I go. I think that's a main reason people don't go, won't see change cause the same old same old are still there. I'm preaching to the choir though, so it is what it is.

BTW go Army! My dad was in the Army Air Corps (lol WWII days) and was one of the trainers for the Tuskegee pilots, something he was proud of (me too). You sure did put those Navy sissies to shame, good for you!

My point was that if you turn over Congress regularly the real power will reside in the unelected bureaucracy unless you significantly restrain their power. The proposed REINS Act which has been floating around for a few years would be one way to do that by requiring Congress to vote on any rule or regulation that would cost more than $100 million (and I'd make the ceiling lower than that). Thing is, a lot of Congressmen in both parties don't mind the regulatory state because they can get done what they want to get done without being accountable. "I'm sorry Mr. Constituent if you don't like this tax or that rule but gosh darn it, that was the Department of XYZ or the ABC Circuit Court and my hands are tied."

Also as del mentioned and I agree, Democrats have gotten to where they don't think they need to vote that much because they figure they'll get what they want from like-minded bureaucrats or lawsuits or pitching temper tantrums. New sheriff in town though so now you have to get what you want the hard way, by winning elections.

Congratulations to Maxine Waters, whose crazy rants have made her, together with Nancy Pelosi, the unhinged FACE of the Democrat Party. Together, they will Make America Weak Again! But have no fear, America is now stronger than ever before, and I’m not going anywhere!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 27, 2018

LMAO, they're shooting themselves in the foot.

That was a year ago, Tim. Lone wolfs. Your visceral conclusion to recent heckling and harassment is CIVIL WAR! And you’re not angry? How pathetic. Civil War is what Tim McViegh thought he was engaging in. It wasn’t war, now was it?

When it happened matters? Do explain.

And when you find me rooting for or asking for civil war, kindly copy and paste it here for me.

I'm merely predicting that blood's gonna be shed. That doesn't make me a prognosticator. Many in the media, etc are predicting it. Your own Democrats are calling for the harassment to end in your fractured party.

Making intelligent predictions doesn't make one angry. But keep flogging that drum.

Anything to amuse you. I still consider him young so whatever.

70. Young. I like similarly young Republicans like Bob Dole.

smilelaugh.jpg

70. Young. I like similarly young Republicans like Bob Dole.

smilelaugh.jpg

Oh hi! Long time - so I find your post rather confusing - are you implying (please note I'm not accusing you of this now), but are you implying I said 70 was young? Asking for a friend. If so, I suggest you reread the entire thread, from the beginning, regarding ages, and please kindly let me know where I said that. Or not, either way I'm good. I'm just intrigued by the why my opinion on ages is so important to...some.

My point was that if you turn over Congress regularly the real power will reside in the unelected bureaucracy unless you significantly restrain their power. The proposed REINS Act which has been floating around for a few years would be one way to do that by requiring Congress to vote on any rule or regulation that would cost more than $100 million (and I'd make the ceiling lower than that). Thing is, a lot of Congressmen in both parties don't mind the regulatory state because they can get done what they want to get done without being accountable. "I'm sorry Mr. Constituent if you don't like this tax or that rule but gosh darn it, that was the Department of XYZ or the ABC Circuit Court and my hands are tied."

Also as del mentioned and I agree, Democrats have gotten to where they don't think they need to vote that much because they figure they'll get what they want from like-minded bureaucrats or lawsuits or pitching temper tantrums. New sheriff in town though so now you have to get what you want the hard way, by winning elections.

No, I understood your point, I was just pointing out my view on them. Interesting act though. I don't know anything about it. When I get some time I'll have to read about it. Wonder if it would pass the house to get squashed by congress.

Just like your it appears to be your goal to seek me out and pick at something in the hopes I get into a war of words with you? lol, not gonna happen.

Actually, with all due respect, this is what you do. No one's posted more in this thread than you. You let no sleeping dog lie. You beat dead horses. You offer opinions on issues you have no suggestions for. And when challenged, you invoke Godwin's law and insult Conservatives.

Oh hi! Long time - so I find your post rather confusing - are you implying (please note I'm not accusing you of this now), but are you implying I said 70 was young? Asking for a friend. If so, I suggest you reread the entire thread, from the beginning, regarding ages, and please kindly let me know where I said that. Or not, either way I'm good. I'm just intrigued by the why my opinion on ages is so important to...some.

You have me on ignore!! OMG...but wait you then said "but maybe I don't".

I swear to God it's like dealing with a lying 7th grader. "I'm not gonna talk to you, nah nah nah boo boo" immediately followed by "wanna be friends??"

And now you're asking for a friend??

face-palm_1f926.png

Last edited:
Actually, with all due respect, this is what you do. No one's posted more in this thread than you. You let no sleeping dog lie. You beat dead horses. You offer opinions on issues you have no suggestions for. And when challenged, you invoke Godwin's law and insult Conservatives.

You have me on ignore!! OMG...but wait you then said "but maybe I don't".

I swear to God it's like dealing with a lying 7th grader. "I'm not gonna talk to you, nah nah nah boo boo" immediately followed by "wanna be friends??"

And now you're asking for a friend??

face-palm_1f926.png

But I ask you, did you read what he was getting at? And Tim, I'm not getting into a finger pointing with you, but come on, who goes out of their way to find examples of proving someone wrong? I don't do that. You say you want to debate, yet you don't, you point out where someone's wrong or say I have no input. I've had great conversations right here in this thread, but I don't find it coincidental that with you and CD things go downhill. Why is that? I talked about ages with Tibs and theSteelCity, gave input on issues, and the 2 of you pick up on this? I'm way past that other thread friend. Ignore was an option, which I almost did because of this stuff. Well if I'm a 7th grader, I'm just trying to fit in with some on this board then I suppose. Did I post to you first that I somehow required yet another lecture from you, since that's all you want to do?

Right, if it gets any worse they’ll be calling him a Nigerian-born Islamic terrorist.

Are you trying to be dumb?? Private citizens calling the President all sorts of nasty names means nothing.

Confronting administration officials means a lot. Yelling at them, making them feel unsafe. Then having elected officials extolling this behavior and calling for much more of it is reprehensible.

Jesus, you can debate the merits of referring to Obama as a Muslim, or to Trump as a Nazi, and proves it's just not true. There is no way to refute verbally attacking administration members in public while they try to eat, or buy groceries, or see a movie. Getting into their personal space, shouting obscenities, leaving burned animal carcasses on their porch, and on and on.

You seriously cannot differentiate those behaviors?!?

to revisit this, as it's been blown out of proportion as to what Trump actually said...

I know it's difficult to understand complex issues. Yes, I stood up - and will always stand up - in opposition to fascists, Nazis, the KKK and white supremacists. Shoot me. Now here comes the tricky part, try to follow along. My unequivocal opposition to hate groups does not equal me supporting the violent actions of AntiFa and other fringe groups, who reject peaceful protests and call for violence. There is a clear line of demarcation there. So you can twist in the wind all you want trying to paint me as some sort of angry, violent lefty. It's point blank not true and never has been. But none of that matters to you, as you literally need me to be this caricature of the violent left who you can sit around and throw darts at. Sorry, I don't play that game.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/trump-press-conference-charlottesville.html

“I think there is blame on both sides,” the president said in a combative exchange with reporters at Trump Tower in Manhattan. “You had a group on one side that was bad. You had a group on the other side that was also very violent. Nobody wants to say that. I’ll say it right now.”

Mr. Trump defended those gathered in a Charlottesville park to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee. “I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups,” he said. “Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch.”

He criticized “alt-left” groups that he claimed were “very, very violent” when they sought to confront the white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups that had gathered in Charlottesville.

“Many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee,” Mr. Trump said. “So this week, it is Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week? And is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?”

since you admit to having difficulty understanding complex issues, allow me to shine some light on this for you. Trump clearly stated that there were groups there looking for violence, but not everyone there was wanting violence. Re-read his comments a few times. ****, ask Flog to sound it out for you while you follow along with a crayon. Trump spoke to everyone there. As for the ones he referred to as "not all bad", you can equate those to the lurkers on this thread who do not post. They just want to see what's going on and what everyone's bitching about.

moving on...

To play devil's advocate and somehow find a way to extract some sense of what Low IQ Maxine said:

And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere

she was referencing the Trump administration. She was calling for verbal "push back" in her comment.

Yet, for nearly half the voting population, those people represent them. It doesn't take a lot to connect the dots as to what happens in these situations. Violence WILL happen. The current political environment is more volatile than ever before. The country is currently a ******* powder keg ready to explode and the fuse is getting shorter, and a lot quicker. As such, comments like those made by Low IQ Maxine are not going to help heal the country over this last election.

Could you imagine the outcry if a Republican Rep had called for constituents to publicly harrass Obama cabinet members? Or leave dead animals on their front porch? or protest outside their homes? or spit on them when they're out in public?

As Obama loved to say "That's not who we are"

yet, it, quite frankly, IS where the Left/Dems are at this point.

That is inarguable.

Could you imagine the outcry if a Republican Rep had called for constituents to publicly harrass Obama cabinet members? Or leave dead animals on their front porch? or protest outside their homes? or spit on them when they're out in public?

As Obama loved to say "That's not who we are"

yet, it, quite frankly, IS where the Left/Dems are at this point.

That is inarguable.

"But, but, but ... Trump! And Russians!! And Schiff is young! So is Hillary, and getting younger! She is like Benjamin Button!! Hillary Button for President, and attack those meanie conservatives from the Trump administration!! Deny them food, and starve them to death! KILL THEM ALL!!

And can't we all just get along?"

/s (D)umbass voters

But I ask you, did you read what he was getting at? And Tim, I'm not getting into a finger pointing with you, but come on, who goes out of their way to find examples of proving someone wrong? I don't do that.

Except you do and you have...in this very thread...the # of times you've said "you said..."

Silly to debate with someone who accuses someone of finger pointing that "finger points" incessantly.

Except you do and you have...in this very thread...the # of times you've said "you said..."

Silly to debate with someone who accuses someone of finger pointing that "finger points" incessantly.

So by all means, feel free not to read any of my posts. I am so cool with that because I agree, it's silly to debate someone who just wants to find fault in everything I say, so we can agree to disagree and leave it at that. I'm so down with that dude!!! Oh and PS, I will ALWAYS stand up for myself, whether you feel I need to or not, even if it goes beyond my daily thread post allowances. Peace and love -

Look at the outcry when Joe Wilson said, "You Lie!!" Could you imagine if a Republican called for the kind of **** Mad Max is advocating against Obama and Co? It would be the apocalypse.

So by all means, feel free not to read any of my posts. I am so cool with that because I agree, it's silly to debate someone who just wants to find fault in everything I say, so we can agree to disagree and leave it at that. I'm so down with that dude!!! Oh and PS, I will ALWAYS stand up for myself, whether you feel I need to or not, even if it goes beyond my daily thread post allowances. Peace and love -

What I will not do is tell the world I've ignored you, lie about it, actually not ignore you, pretend to play "lalalala."

I won't act like a liberal and stop listening to differing view points, unfriend them on Facebook, fake/lie ignore them on SteelerNation. It's unbecoming, childish behavior.

Look at the outcry when Joe Wilson said, "You Lie!!" Could you imagine if a Republican called for the kind of **** Mad Max is advocating against Obama and Co? It would be the apocalypse.

I forgot about that! Good point.

What I will not do is tell the world I've ignored you, lie about it, actually not ignore you, pretend to play "lalalala."

I won't act like a liberal and stop listening to differing view points, unfriend them on Facebook, fake/lie ignore them on SteelerNation. It's unbecoming, childish behavior.

Cool - agreeing to disagree. Works for me.

ha ha - it's all blowing up in their faces!

again!

'The Democrats Of Today Are The New Confederate Party'

“The liberals today are the new Confederacy” and are engaging in Jim Crow-style discrimination against conservative white women. "

Citing recent incidents in which White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked to leave a restaurant and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi were confronted by protesters, Fischer asserted that these events amounted to “the reinstatement of Jim Crow laws by people on the left.”

“It’s not only racist, it’s misogynistic,” he said. “Running white women out of restaurants and movie theaters. In fact, you could make the case that the liberals of today are the new Confederacy. They are the new Confederate party because they are bringing back segregation, they are bringing back racism, they are bringing back restriction of lunch counters to people of a particular skin color. They’re the new Confederate party.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/...crats-of-today-are-the-new-confederate-party/