• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Further evidence that society is out of control

Buster

Reaction score
IF Bosio’s explanation is true, this is complete bullshit. Seems like the Tigers hung him out to dry.

Chris Bosio shocked at firing, considering legal action
ESPN

A day after he was fired as pitching coach of the Detroit Tigers for using what the team called insensitive comments toward a club employee, Chris Bosio says what happened was a misunderstanding and that he will explore potential legal action against the organization.

"I'm crushed,'' Bosio told USA Today. "I'm absolutely crushed. I still can't believe it's gotten to this point.

"I'm in shock.''

The Tigers on Wednesday fired Bosio for his comments, saying they violated the organization's "zero tolerance for this type of behavior."

General manager Al Avila later explained that Bosio made the comments recently and they were brought to his attention Tuesday. Avila then decided to terminate Bosio's contract after the team investigated the situation and spoke to all of the people involved.

In the interview with USA Today, Bosio explained his side of the story. While in his cubicle inside the Tigers coaches office, the former major league pitcher says he used the word "monkey" to describe Detroit pitcher Daniel Stumpf, who is white. However, Bosio said a clubhouse attendant who is African-American overheard what he said and thought Bosio was talking about him.

"Someone in our coaches' room asked me [Monday afternoon] about Stumpf,'' Bosio told USA Today. "And I said, "Oh, you mean 'Spider Monkey.' That's his nickname. He's a skinny little white kid who makes all of these funny faces when he works out.

"The kid [clubhouse attendant] thought we were talking about him. He got all upset. He assumed we were talking about him. I said, 'No, no, no. We're talking about Stumpf.'

"And that was it. I swear on my mom and dad's graves, there was nothing else to it.''

When asked what happened by several members of the Tigers front office and coaching staff, Bosio admitted he used the word "monkey" but reiterated it was in reference to Stumpf and "the face he makes when he lifts weights. That's it.''

"Al said, we got all of our information, and we're firing you because of your insensitive comments,'' Bosio told USA Today. "I said, 'Comments? There was one comment. And it wasn't even directed at the kid.'"

Bosio told USA Today that he plans to hire an attorney and explore potential legal action. He was in his first season with the Tigers after serving in the same role for six years with the Cubs.

Last edited:
ahh the new world of sensitive ***** strikes again

th

I formally reprimanded a black woman at work the other day...

She accused me of targeted her and said I wouldn't of wrote her up if she was white...

She broke 3 plant rules is about 90 minutes at the start of her shift...

She accused me of targeted her and said I wouldn't of wrote her up if she was white...

It's 2018, get with the program man, obviously you are the problem. Is your resume up to date?

I've said before that it's racist to hold black people to white peoples' standards of behavior.

I've said before that it's racist to hold black people to white peoples' standards of behavior.

Had a meeting with my boss and 2 HR reps yesterday about it...

She called my boss and went to HR before her shift started yesterday..

Fortunately, the company totally supported me.

Reminds me of a story before the age of cell phones...

The wife of a friend who worked at mall store had two black girls approach her asking if they could use the phone. It was a weekday.

She said no.

One of the girls said if they were white girls she would let them.

She told them if they were white girls they'd be in school right now.

Last edited:
Had a meeting with my boss and 2 HR reps yesterday about it...

She called my boss and went to HR before her shift started yesterday..

Fortunately, the company totally supported me.

Only has a case if she can prove that the company lets white employees slide for the same infractions.

Your reply should've been "No if you were white I would fire your *** for cause."

Is this sarcasm, Ron?

I have to ask...I've known too many people, white and otherwise, who are severely ****** in the skull. White people do not own the patent on perfection.

Is this sarcasm, Ron?
Partly but not totally.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/23/obamas-lax-discipline-policies-made-schools-dangerous/
There’s been a sea of change in school discipline over the past five years. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan was convinced that the striking racial disparity in school suspensions was “not caused by differences in children.” According to Duncan and others, students of color were being discriminated against by their teachers, fostering a “school-to-prison pipeline [that] must be challenged every day.”

So, the Obama administration issued federal guidance putting school districts on notice that even if their discipline policy was “neutral on its face” and “administered in an evenhanded manner,” they could be subject to a federal civil rights investigation if minorities were suspended at a higher rate. Partly in response to federal pressure, over 50 school districts, serving 6.35 million students, implemented reforms and 27 states revised their laws regarding school discipline.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...nts-color-discipline-schools-column/99501366/

“The district is not suspending students for fighting, theft, drugs and alcohol in an effort to show less students of color are suspended,” Ekblad said, adding that the administration has even paid principals as much as $2,500 in bonuses for low suspension rates.
In Silver Springs, Md., disobedient students became more brazen, bringing “knives in school [and] threatening teachers,” after Montgomery County public-school administrators told teachers that “the number of minority suspensions had to be closer to the percentage of the whole student body,” high-school history teacher Jamie Frank complained. Even repeat offenders are given a pass: “It’s most likely that that child will be back in school if they are a minority student,” Frank said.

Obama uses his power to threaten local school districts to allow transgenders to use any bathroom and to not discipline minority students.
But Trump is the fascist.

These stories will make people line up to hire black people.

Is this sarcasm, Ron?

I have to ask...I've known too many people, white and otherwise, who are severely ****** in the skull. White people do not own the patent on perfection.

It won't be sarcasm until we do away with affirmative action.

You are correct white people arent perfect. However as a white guy if I **** up and get punished for it I can reverse the heat by yelling RACISM!