• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Notes

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Bell is awesome, Ben to Brown is awesome. wish we could play Indy every week

Offense needs to find another consistent receiving weapon....Rogers had a nice catch and run early but disappeared the rest of the way...Green might be it given time.....

Defense gave up a few long drives, but two goal line stands including a HUGE tackle by Davis. Mitchell and Gay with picks. Solid pressure most of the night, but soft coverage, Cockrell, still made it tough to get off the field on 3rd down.

Falling for the fake punt sucked also....

Overall a decent performance against an undermanned team.

Nice seeing Dupree back too and contributing a bit (a couple of tackles and a QB hit).

Does anybody know the timeline on Coates hand to return to semi- non claw functionality?

Coates WTF?
How many passing yards did this Steeler Defense allow a ham & egger back up QB?
They face Eli Manning next for crissakes.

Thrilled with the win, but man our coverage was pretty bad for a good part of the second and third quarter, and lucky they dropped two huge passes. Will have to play much tighter vs Eli

The good was the offense and the qb pressure.

Coates can't catch, but he never goes and gets a ball either

These wins were nice but they have come against a non NFL team and one who was missing virtually every weapon they had for much of the game... not a great confidence builder really...

You play who you play, don't see teams worrying when half our team is out. That said, we will need to play smarter and more consistent in the coming weeks. At any rate we started stacking wins, build on those and keep stacking. With the exception of Heyward we are stating to get healthy while getting the rooks some reps starting.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!!

Thrilled with the win, but man our coverage was pretty bad for a good part of the second and third quarter, and lucky they dropped two huge passes. Will have to play much tighter vs Eli

The good was the offense and the qb pressure.

I didn't think the QB pressure was all that great during the 2nd half. Tollziein seemed to have all day back there. Offense lost their steam as well, until the end. Things fell our way.

Ben's TD passes were works of art.

On a side note, Michelle Tafoya's slip of e tongue at he end was hilarious. Collingsworth couldn't keep a straight face.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

The good guys were laying the lumber tonight, too, which is always a welcome sight.

Javon Hargrave was very disruptive tonight. He and Tuitt are both stepping up with Heyward out.

To provide some context, they were facing what may be the worst offensive line in the NFL.

The Steelers were a few dropped passes away from being In a shoot out against an injury-depleted Colts' team.

Their offense gives them a chance against anyone, but the current suspect defense and lack of a legit number two receiver will kill them in the post season, under the assumption they even make it there.

Coates has star potential, but why they continue to force the ball to him, given that he currently has only one functional hand, is beyond me.

The defense, especially without Heyward, NEEDS to send 5-6 defenders toward the QB to get pressure. That will not get it done with no elite coverage players in the secondary. Cockrell is decent, but he needs help.

Tuitt & Hargrave played great tonight. Ben, Bell & Brown all in sync tonight. Timmons is terrible in coverage but great vs the run and rushing the passer. Our secondary.....UGH! I can't really say bad things about Artie Burns and Sean Davis they are really both playing pretty damn good too. Cockrell? Miitchell? Gay?

We're gonna hafta step up next week vs Beckham, Cruz and Shepard or Eli will shred this secondary!

Rookie class is doing well.. 3 starters on defense bodes well for our future

oline is as dominant as I can recall in recent years

Arthur Moats is terrible, he was either out of position or on the ground every time i saw him.

Some of the playcalling in short situations was stupid. The rookies seem to keep contributing but we are desperately shorthanded at pass rusher and wide out. Our ST are crap.

Good news is this, they got a road win and get a little bit of an extra break now. But, yes, they still have several issues.

Sent from my 6045O using Steeler Nation mobile app

If Indy's receivers could catch, they would have been right there. I heard they have a very strong interest in picking up Coates to round out their squad.

well, we are down three receivers (Bryant, DHB and Wheaton) and the 4th is with broken fingers or something like that. The colts arent the only team with injuries on offense

No more saying anyone in our secondary is very good, how many 95 yard drives giving up 3-15, 3-5 and more to many times to count. We could have lost that game if the Colts did not drop the ball. No wonder we can't win games with 42 seconds left.

If Indy's receivers could catch, they would have been right there. I heard they have a very strong interest in picking up Coates to round out their squad.

Please no. I like Coates. The guy can't catch with broken fingers