• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game thread - rats vs. Good guys Part II incase you don't understand basic calendar skills

The Andrews thing was legit. He gave himself up, play was over. Had the shoe been on the other foot with the Steelers driving to tie/win, and Friermuth given himself up after a short 1st down catch, getting up to give the ball to the ref and its knocked away and they give possession to Baltimore to end the game, every ********** on here would be losing their minds, talkin about "HE GAAAVE HIMSELF UUUUP, HOW CAN THEY NOT SEE THAT?!?!?!" So I dont wanna hear it
he gave himself up

but he needs to wait for the whistle

So Mark Madden tries to be Pittsburgh’s shock jock. He secretly likes the Steelers but holds a grudge against them because they think he’s a joke.
He’s not anywhere near Heinz I mean Acrisure for any of the Tomlin pressers or for any announcements over there. They don’t want anything to do with him.
I don’t think Madden likes the Steelers, I think he resents how much they are liked.

The type of physicality running the ball permeates through the entire team. It will change their entire demeanor. It's starting to show.

Regardless of what happens next week, this offseason looks to be exciting.
I remember them showing a graphic where at the time--before halftime--PIT had over 100 yards on the ground. That is just impressive to do that against THAT defense in THAT stadium. Very proud of the OLine and the progress they have made.

The Andrews thing was legit. He gave himself up, play was over. Had the shoe been on the other foot with the Steelers driving to tie/win, and Friermuth given himself up after a short 1st down catch, getting up to give the ball to the ref and its knocked away and they give possession to Baltimore to end the game, every ********** on here would be losing their minds, talkin about "HE GAAAVE HIMSELF UUUUP, HOW CAN THEY NOT SEE THAT?!?!?!" So I dont wanna hear it
You are going to have to explain to me exactly what he did common to the game that gave himself up. He was on the ground untouched. He popped to his feet and before he could do anything the ball was dislodged. Why didn't he just lay there. Anything about that play of him giving himself up has to do with speculation based upon the game situation. KP gave himself up when he tripped on the back. That is giving yourself up. That was absolutely a fumble in my mind.

I think the counter to this is if Andrews had been a smart enough of a player, and took off to the end zone, and scored, do you really think the officials call it back saying that “he gave himself up,” and that the defense did too? The answer to that, I believe, is a resounding “**** no.” They would’ve let the td stand, and the Steelers would have been completely hosed. My point of reference is the Broncos vs. Steelers divisional game in 2016. When a fragile, old **** in Peyton Manning gave himself up on a free rushing Will Allen off the edge. Manning went down, Allen whizzed right by him because of him going down, nobody touched Manning, who then got up (because there was no whistle), and made a 20+ yard completion for a first down on a third down play. It was PAINFULLY obvious that Manning was giving himself up so he didn’t get ******* walloped, but the officials let the play stand. This was a HUGE momentum shifter as the Steelers were on the brink of advancing to the AFCCG. However, it was all done from that moment on, as the Broncos would get a td, and control the last 6 minutes of that game. Same thing here, I have no reason to believe tbag they would have taken that ball back, and said Andrews gave himself up…..All this said, man, it was a heads up play by Fitz; he waited for Andrews to get up, and punched thag ball right out of his hands. Dude might not be #43, but he’s the best safety in the game.

You are going to have to explain to me exactly what he did common to the game that gave himself up. He was on the ground untouched. He popped to his feet and before he could do anything the ball was dislodged. Why didn't he just lay there. Anything about that play of him giving himself up has to do with speculation based upon the game situation. KP gave himself up when he tripped on the back. That is giving yourself up. That was absolutely a fumble in my mind.
Tuck rule?

Before the last drive, I turned the TV to another station just trying to change the MOJO. I just didnt think we could score a TD. But kept up with it on here.

I just saw some of the drive and that pass to Stephen Sims was an amazing flat out NFL throw. It was a frozen rope thrown to the only place it could be thrown and not get deflected by a RatTurd defender. Then the pass across his body on the run threading the needle to Najee in the endzone--hell KP has really grown up. That was what bigtime QBs do on the road with the season on the line. I had not seen those plays until just a min ago on NFL Network. WOW. KP really showed out in the 4th quarter.

I hate ******* night games, especially when the Ref crew is incompetent. I'm supposed to go to sleep after watching that bull ****?

Fortunately, Tomorrow is a holiday.

**** this corrupt NFL.
So, am I supposed to go to sleep now?

Thankfully no work tomorrow.........

Better to go to sleep thinking about our new franchise QB...........Rather than 4 ******* points

I don't like agreeing with omar but my first impression when he hit the ground was he was giving himself up

when he got up he ran sideways to get to where the ref would reset the ball

as I said he should have waited for the whistle and I don't think the rats would of had much of an argument if the refs had called it a fumble

but I can see why they called it the way they did

but yeah

**** the refs

So I watched the **** show with Andrews several times. I don't know if TV clock is in synch with game clock. But this is what happened on TV clock. Andrew's caught the ball with 23 left. Assuming he was granted giving himself up there was at best 21. They still had to reform and execute the spike. That's taking 5 seconds for sure. The ref decided it was 18. But when the next play after the spike occurred happened there was 22 seconds on the TV clock. Again I don't know if it is same as stadium.
The NFL needs to address the rule of a player downing himself. There’s some gray area there and we saw it tonight.

I don't like agreeing with omar but my first impression when he hit the ground was he was giving himself up

as I said he should have waited for the whistle and I don't think the rats would of had much of an argument if the refs had called it a fumble

but yeah

**** the refs
I would say this. Everything has a procedure. I don't doubt for a second that he wanted the play dead immediately and wanted to put the ball in play to official as quickly. Unfortunately he botched it in his hurry. Lay on the ground for whistle. I still say what did he do common to the game that gave himself up. Take a knee? Lie there? No he did not. Rest is interpretation based on the situation.

I would say this. Everything has a procedure. I don't doubt for a second that he wanted the play dead immediately and wanted to put the ball in play to official as quickly. Unfortunately he botched it in his hurry. Lay on the ground for whistle. I still say what did he do common to the game that gave himself up. Take a knee? Lie there? No he did not. Rest is interpretation based on the situation.
When I saw it I couldn't say he definitely gave himself up. Even if that was the initial intent he jumped up with the ball untouched.

I was on the fence early but leaning toward your viewpoint... He didn't toss the football or get touched. For me at that point he wasn't down...

Anyone else have a hard time picturing KPs stat line of 15 completions for 168? Seemed like a hell of a lot more than that.

When I saw it I couldn't say he definitely gave himself up. Even if that was the initial intent he jumped up with the ball untouched.

I was on the fence early but leaning toward your viewpoint... He didn't toss the football or get touched. For me at that point he wasn't down...
Cause he didn't give himself up. The name Plexico Burress came up. And the poster was right. Did Plexico Burress intend to spike that ball thinking it was going to be a fumble? And exactly how was that any different? Again I don't doubt his intent. Unfortunately he violated the procedure of it.

Cause he didn't give himself up. The name Plexico Burress came up. And the poster was right. Did Plexico Burress intend to spike that ball thinking it was going to be a fumble? And exactly how was that any different? Again I don't doubt his intent. Unfortunately he violated the procedure of it.
Plex did that twice… the first time they called it a fumble, but Cowher had a rules committee discussion about it and tge second time he did it, they called it giving himself up

we'll have to agree to disagree. the fact that he immediately went down as soon as he caught the ball should've been your first clue.

but yeah

**** the refs
you know you love it. smoooches, bootches!

200w.gif

Anyone else have a hard time picturing KPs stat line of 15 completions for 168? Seemed like a hell of a lot more than that.

Thought same thing. But stats/shmats. Kid is gamer. I’m no expert, but I don’t think there’s anyone this coming year’s draft I’d rather have. Know Berm disagrees, but that’s what these boards are for 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ok. But what did Andrew's do to give himself up.

Nothing. In this game, Kenny Pickett gave himself up when he tripped in the backfield. He laid there like a slug...it was his only defense.

Kenny very clearly gave himself up by not moving for an extended period. Andrews got up immediately. I watched it back a few times. He did absolutely nothing to signal he was giving himself up. He did not catch the ball and then intentionally take a knee or roll on the ground. He went to the ground as part of making that catch and then immediately got up and started running without being touched.

It probably was his intent to give the ball to the ref but too bad. That play was still live. Are the refs mind readers now? Maybe every RB that fumbles from now on should just claim he gave himself up.

I'm pretty sure the rule has changed since then.