• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Georgie

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I love the guys talent, but ya gotta sit him if his blocking on run plays doesn't improve. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers, taking off run plays as a WR is NOT what we do, Mikey, I hope you're reading this, you know your job is, or should be on the line here.

Joe

It’s not like they’ll win if he plays anyway.

No offensive leadership.
The Defense has leaders.
The O is so young and there is no veteran presence with enough street cred to call anyone out and the coaches dont seem to be getting through to anyone. These guys need to start becoming a team and playing for each other instead of themselves.
Pickens came into the league knocking backs on there ***. He has the tools but he quit using them when he saw he wasnt getting targets and or passes he could actually catch. This is all the result of a failed offensive scheme. I dont know if this scheme would work with more talented players but its been 3 years of **** that dosent work and teams have.passed us by while we keep driving the offense into the ditch.

Sask, I agree with this. After watching other teams play, their schemes and play calling look so much more efficient and crisp and that’s with backups at QB.
Example was last night the Seahawks with Drew Lock who is a career backup looked decent against a good Eagles defense.
Gardner Minschew, Jake Browning, Joe fricking Flacco all backups look very efficient in their teams offensive schemes but our QBs look like bushers in this terrible scheme.
Although Canada has departed his presence continues to be felt with this offense and won’t get fixed this season.
A new QUALIFIED OC with fresh and innovative schemes I think could do wonders for Kenny.
Yes, I think Pickens, Johnson and Cal Austin would also benefit but with the first two guys it goes deeper. They have severe attitude issues and not sure if that can be fixed.
That’s where a new HC comes in who will not try to be the player’s buddy but won’t be afraid to discipline guys like Pickens and Johnson and sit their *** down for a game if need be.

When they start getting some positive response from their efforts it will become infectious and build confidence. 3 years of negitive results makes it hard to remain positive and keep your head in the game. Dont think we can get much lower, hopefully we can get things headed back up.

I hate to give the benefit of the doubt, but after watching so much of this Tomlin debacle through this year, I've also been watching other teams offenses, and the difference is stunning. Our offensive scheme is terrible, just terrible. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen any other team look so bad Just terrible play calling and terrible design. So many of our WR routes are all similar distances that break at similar times. There is no progression for a QB to go through. They basically have to look for or pick one and go with it. WTF is that ?

Canada is gone, but the remaining guys are just running the same thing in many ways. At least they took out the jet sweep I guess.

I have to believe these receivers and others on offense see just how bad their offensive scheme is as compared to other teams and have had enough of the failure due to just bad coaching and bad play design.

I love the guys talent, but ya gotta sit him if his blocking on run plays doesn't improve. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers, taking off run plays as a WR is NOT what we do, Mikey, I hope you're reading this, you know your job is, or should be on the line here.

Joe
It is why you nip it in the butt in the beginning. Something Tomlin has never done. With any talented player/starter that is.

Well his comments today won't help.....

As much as you want him to straighten up I am afraid he is never going to learn.

This guy is going to be a never ending problem.

Can't do anything with him now, or they won't ...but I wouldn't bring him back in the off-season.

When reporters questioned Tomlin about Pickens early on, he dismissed it. Then he said he had a sit down with Pickens, which Pickens said did not happen last week. Now Pickens is blaming the media for stirring stuff up when he said he didn't want to get hurt like Dell did. This guy is becoming a little bit of a headachhe minus the production. Then again, a QB could get him and DJ the ball would go a long way to helping any attitude issues.

Sask, I agree with this. After watching other teams play, their schemes and play calling look so much more efficient and crisp and that’s with backups at QB.
Example was last night the Seahawks with Drew Lock who is a career backup looked decent against a good Eagles defense.
Gardner Minschew, Jake Browning, Joe fricking Flacco all backups look very efficient in their teams offensive schemes but our QBs look like bushers in this terrible scheme.
Although Canada has departed his presence continues to be felt with this offense and won’t get fixed this season.
A new QUALIFIED OC with fresh and innovative schemes I think could do wonders for Kenny.
Yes, I think Pickens, Johnson and Cal Austin would also benefit but with the first two guys it goes deeper. They have severe attitude issues and not sure if that can be fixed.
That’s where a new HC comes in who will not try to be the player’s buddy but won’t be afraid to discipline guys like Pickens and Johnson and sit their *** down for a game if need be.

Or quite possible trade them.

Salute the nation

Yeah, some of these youngsters their work ethic sucks. Watch the video...nothing more needs to be said.

I see Pickens practices like he plays. Yes, it's one clip, but AB didn't get great by loafing it during practice. He completed every rep like his professional career depended on it and he was the best in the game.

Personally, I think he should have been inactive a number of weeks ago, before it got too bad. Now, I would come up with some reason to IR his *** the rest of the year. Then tell him to accept it and get his shyt together before next year. I would also let him know that under no circumstances would he be traded or released, he will sit for 2 years if that is what it takes. 2 years + 3 games is an eternity in the NFL, he would be long forgotten by then, and lose millions in revenue.

But, I am just a spiteful SOB. I would show this child who is really in charge. Someone needs to.

Personally, I think he should have been inactive a number of weeks ago, before it got too bad. Now, I would come up with some reason to IR his *** the rest of the year. Then tell him to accept it and get his shyt together before next year. I would also let him know that under no circumstances would he be traded or released, he will sit for 2 years if that is what it takes. 2 years + 3 games is an eternity in the NFL, he would be long forgotten by then, and lose millions in revenue.

But, I am just a spiteful SOB. I would show this child who is really in charge. Someone needs to.
Absolutely! This isn't the first issue with him this year, and if he pulled that **** after Tomlin had a sit down chat with him, then all there's left to do is bench him/ deactivate him. F him, we're losing with him, we can lose without him.

i've never played organized football, but i slept at a Holiday Inn last night

it seems the type of receiver who doesn't practice well, is a sloppy route runner, and emotionally immature makes a bad target and teammate for a young quarterback.

Right?