• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global Heat: Britain longest heatwave in 42 years, deadly heat in Japan and Arctic

Who says I'm a practicing Jew?

You did. You said you were at church one day, which I questioned, and you came back saying you were Jewish. And so I said "Oh, you were at Temple then?"

I don't have the time or energy right now to look it up, but absolutely will (eventually) if you refute any of this. They were your words, not mine.

Exactly. Kind of like super expensive food isn't normal in the U.S., but it will be in the future after repeated crop failures.
hehehe

elfie, you are one dumb ********

do you mean crop failures like in the 30s?
(clearly caused by industrialization, and elfie will produce peer reviewed papers to demonstrate)

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

hahahaha

Keep beating that dead drum, Americans don't care about liberal fantasies!

Gallup survey: 36 issues mentioned, not one of them is climate change

According to a survey published by Gallup, there are 36 economic and non-economic issues on the minds of Americans.

No one mentioned climate change.

As you might expect, economic issues were in the forefront of the voters' minds

207818_5_.jpg

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...tioned_not_one_of_them_is_climate_change.html

--------------------

don't forget

ABOLISH ICE!

lololol

elftard,

why don't you get into sustainability, sufficiency and regenerative ag techniques like all the cool kids?

seriously, read up, they are lapping you oldster libtards

The Trump Effect!

New York's Global Warming Suit Against Oil Companies Tossed

A U.S. judge threw out New York’s lawsuit seeking to hold five of the world’s biggest oil companies financially responsible for contributing to climate change.

U.S. District Judge John Keenan dismissed the city’s claims against Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp., BP Plc, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and ConocoPhillips, ruling that the federal Clean Air Act controls carbon dioxide emissions and blocks suits such as New York’s. The problem of climate change is for Congress and the Executive Branch to address, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...warming-suit-against-oil-companies-thrown-out

-------------------------------

U.S.House votes to disavow carbon tax

The House passed a measure to denounce a carbon tax, calling it “detrimental” to the United States.

The resolution, sponsored by House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.), states that a tax on emissions of carbon dioxide — the most prevalent greenhouse gas that causes climate change — “would be detrimental to American families and businesses, and is not in the best interest of the United States.”

It passed 229-180 with two members voting present.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/397848-house-votes-to-disavow-carbon-tax

th

Exactly. Kind of like super expensive food isn't normal in the U.S., but it will be in the future after repeated crop failures.

funny. Maryland farmers markets are selling their veggies at around 20% lower than in past years. low temps and all the rain is making crops grow faster …. I just bought a 6lb butternut squash for $3.25. if this is climate change , I want more of it

TRUMP RIGHT AGAIN!

U.S. CO2 Levels Drop Again — So Why Aren't Green Groups Rejoicing?

Once more, science provides bad news for global warming alarmists. U.S. CO2 levels again declined during 2017, despite overall global output again rising. Credit U.S. fracking and the natural gas boom. But don't worry: the hysteria won't end.

The new report, based on U.S. data, shows clearly the U.S. continuing downward trend.

"The U.S. emitted 15.6 metric tons of CO2 per person in 1950," wrote the Daily Caller. "After rising for decades, it's declined in recent years to 15.8 metric tons per person in 2017, the lowest measured levels in 67 years."

That's right. 67 years. Green groups and leftist climate extremists should be exulting. The U.S. has found a way to produce more GDP — making all of us better off — with less energy.

Meanwhile, Europe has imposed massive economy-deadening regulations on its economies in order to reduce CO2 output. How has that worked?

Last year, European output of CO2 rose 1.5%, while U.S. output fell 0.5%. For the record, the disaster predicted when President Trump left the Paris climate agreement and rejected draconian EPA restrictions on power plants hasn't materialized. On the contrary, the U.S. model has been shown to be superior.

This isn't the first time we've reported the ongoing decline in U.S. CO2. And if current trends hold, it won't be the last. And, to be sure, it is a long-term trend.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration's latest energy report notes that, from 2005 to 2017, U.S. energy related emissions of carbon dioxide plunged by 861 million metric tons, a 14% drop. It's both a result of the decline due to the Great Recession and the fracking revolution.

The EIA forecast expects a very slight uptick over the next two years in the U.S. as the economy continues its Trump boom.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/u-s-co2-levels-drop-again/

----------------------------

They aren’t rejoicing, because President Trump was right again...and he gets the credit for the reduction, not them.

GLOBAL COOLING ALERT!

Scientists Observe Coldest Temperatures Ever on Earth’s Surface

Researchers released a report this week revealing “ultralow surface temperatures” in East Antarctica that surpass the coldest temperatures ever recorded on the earth’s surface.

The lowest measured air temperature on earth is −89.2 °C (−129 F) on 23 July 1983, observed at Vostok Station in Antarctica, but new data published in Geophysical Research Letters this week, has found that some 100 different locations on the East Antarctic Plateau reached temperatures of -98° C (-144° F) during the Antarctic polar night between 2004–2016.

A team from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) at the University of Colorado Boulder have identified the East Antarctic Plateau — a massive, empty expanse the size of Australia that begins near the South Pole — as the coldest place on the planet.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...-coldest-temperatures-ever-on-earths-surface/

Wait, I thought that anecdotal evidence of temperatures was "weather" and not "climate."

What happened to that approach, elfie??

Elfie is always talking about global warming but, never does anything about it.

TRUMP RIGHT AGAIN!

U.S. CO2 Levels Drop Again — So Why Aren't Green Groups Rejoicing?

----------------------------

They aren’t rejoicing, because President Trump was right again...and he gets the credit for the reduction, not them.

k3Bayic.jpg

All over the world kids.....Waco Tx. hit 114 today setting a new record, L.A., San Diego, and on and on.......but hey keep burying your science denying heads in the sand.
[/SIZE][/b]

All over the world? Really? That's funny. I could have sworn a week and a half ago the temperature was the lowest (at 0 Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit) I've ever experienced in my 23 years of living in Sydney for two days straight. And quite a few places in Australia had their lowest ever recorded temperatures.

I've been to Europe. Food is already super expensive there simply due to taxes and regulation.

Once more, CO2 estimations are grossly inaccurate. If you understand the methodology, the laws, and who reports what and why, you realize that the numbers are greatly inflated to begin with and that most of the broadband studies are skewered beyond what is useful.

Basically accurate co2 % reporting would drop CO2 out of the panic quantities and that doesn’t fit the agenda...

Once more, CO2 estimations are grossly inaccurate. If you understand the methodology, the laws, and who reports what and why, you realize that the numbers are greatly inflated to begin with and that most of the broadband studies are skewered beyond what is useful.

Basically accurate co2 % reporting would drop CO2 out of the panic quantities and that doesn’t fit the agenda...

Umm, if CO2 emissions are going down and the Earth's temperature is still going up* then maybe CO2 doesn't have anything to do with it.

* I know the temp isn't really going up, just for the sake of discussion.

a quick reduction in CO2 emissions followed by strategic carbon sequestration.

Hot weather is like catnip for trolls...

It slices, it dices, look at that tomato!

Too hot = Climate Change
Too cold = Climate Change
Too dry = Climate Change
Too rainy = Climate Change
Too many hurricanes = Climate Change
Too few hurricanes = Climate Change
My shoelaces snapped = Climate Change
I ran out of ketchup = Climate Change
My dog peed on the carpet = Climate Change
My kid got the sniffles=Climate Change

All of this conversation may be moot,.......

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018...st-could-eventually-trigger-global-event.html

A string of recent earthquakes off the West Coast of the U.S., ranging from 2.8 to 5.6 on the Richter scale, could help trigger the earthquake colloquially known as "the Big One."
The map provided by the U.S. Geological Survey highlights 11 recent earthquakes, all occurring on the seabed of the Juan de Fuca tectonic plate, approximately 6 miles below the surface. The plate, which is described as "small" by the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network (PNSN), is fairly active, moving east-northeast at approximately 1.6 inches per year.

All of this conversation may be moot,.......

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018...st-could-eventually-trigger-global-event.html

A string of recent earthquakes off the West Coast of the U.S., ranging from 2.8 to 5.6 on the Richter scale, could help trigger the earthquake colloquially known as "the Big One."
The map provided by the U.S. Geological Survey highlights 11 recent earthquakes, all occurring on the seabed of the Juan de Fuca tectonic plate, approximately 6 miles below the surface. The plate, which is described as "small" by the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network (PNSN), is fairly active, moving east-northeast at approximately 1.6 inches per year.
I understand that model #10,980,004,479 predicted something like this +/- 500years and +/-3 on the Richter scale.

I understand that model #10,980,004,479 predicted something like this +/- 500years and +/-3 on the Richter scale.

The coastal earthquake that theoretically could trip the two fault line and obliterate the coast around the bay area isn’t even what I’d be worried about... historically there is a huge mid pacific earthquake that creates an immense tidal wave every so many hundred years... pacific cultures and the geographic records show it pretty consistently and its timeframe says its beyond due now.... the coastal earthquake will doom several cities around the bay.... might hit the faultline up through seattle and break that city too.... that tidal wave from the pacific is going to wipe out tons across several countries that built too closeto the sea....

Weirdhow catestrophic possibilities are quite prevalent all over the globe... and how they all rarely gettalked about without an agenda to benefit

The coastal earthquake that theoretically could trip the two fault line and obliterate the coast around the bay area isn’t even what I’d be worried about... historically there is a huge mid pacific earthquake that creates an immense tidal wave every so many hundred years... pacific cultures and the geographic records show it pretty consistently and its timeframe says its beyond due now.... the coastal earthquake will doom several cities around the bay.... might hit the faultline up through seattle and break that city too.... that tidal wave from the pacific is going to wipe out tons across several countries that built too closeto the sea....

Weirdhow catestrophic possibilities are quite prevalent all over the globe... and how they all rarely gettalked about without an agenda to benefit