• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global Heat: Britain longest heatwave in 42 years, deadly heat in Japan and Arctic

Your beliefs are meaningless in this scenario. You probably also believe in a magical hippie that is going to save you from death, and eat a magical cracker served to you by a child molester in a dress as part of that belief.

Climate science has to do with facts, not beliefs.

And you never bring up facts you insolent piece of ****. Oh, and **** you.

You know, facts. Like 97% of climate scientists believe in man-made global warming. Those kind of facts.

You know, facts. Like 97% of climate scientists believe in man-made global warming. Those kind of facts.

Lol id love to see snopes do a fact check on that outrageous claim.... the origin of that misquoted tidbit was that a series of 2000 some scientific papers were presented at one time and something like 97% were pro MMGW... but since that point we have learned that a significant portion of these peer reviewed papers were based on biased or outright incorrect data... many more were utterly useless stretches like the length of hair on animals... also the study was geared to pro mmgw viewpoints and other points of views were mostly excluded...

If you think 97% of any group can agree on a theory you haven’t really been paying attention to human nature...

Lol id love to see snopes do a fact check on that outrageous claim.... the origin of that misquoted tidbit was that a series of 2000 some scientific papers were presented at one time and something like 97% were pro MMGW... but since that point we have learned that a significant portion of these peer reviewed papers were based on biased or outright incorrect data... many more were utterly useless stretches like the length of hair on animals... also the study was geared to pro mmgw viewpoints and other points of views were mostly excluded...

If you think 97% of any group can agree on a theory you haven’t really been paying attention to human nature...
Wait, you mean that 97% of the people who depend on the premise of man-made global warming for their livelihood say that they believe in it? Umpossible.

I have said time and time again, denying climate change is not the answer (or even denying climate warming) or good politics.

The right's position should be that adaptation is better and more fiscally feasable than prevention. It's as simple as that.

I personally thinik the right/conservatives lose credibility when they deny any change is happening. The more politically advantageous position is to argue adaptability is the more fiscal/practical solution than trying to chase some sort of economically cripalling preventive cure to man-make impacts on the environment. I think that's an argument that wins in the long run.

You notice you never hear about "Save the Rain Forest!" anymore?

Why? because it's brown people that are cutting down all the forests, so if the greenies can't point at white Americans to blame. they lose interest!

What Ever Happened to the Amazon Rain Forest?

We used to hear so much about the destruction of the Amazon rainforest, but lately not a word. So what happened—did we save it or not?

We didn't save it, but we haven't stopped trying. Environmentalists fret over the fate of the Amazon for good reason: It contains more than half of the planet's remaining tropical rainforest, one-fifth of our global freshwater, and as much as one-third of the world's biodiversity.

Saving all this was once a rallying cry for green activists, and a few early triumphs made that goal seem likely. But attention soon shifted away from the rainforest to issues like climate change, and now the Amazon is disappearing at about the same rate it was in the 1980s.

20% of the Amazon Rainforest and 88% of the Atlantic forest have been cut down.

deforest.jpg

Deforestation rates in Asia and parts of Africa now rival those seen the Americas. The Guinness World Records named Indonesia as the country with the most rapidly disappearing forests—it's losing about 2 percent per year—although Brazil remains the leader in absolute terms.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._ever_happened_to_the_amazon_rain_forest.html

BWAhahahahahah!

MSNBC's Chris Hayes fuels outcry by describing climate change as 'ratings killer'

MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes’ admission that climate change is a “ratings killer” has infuriated environmentalists who accused the liberal network of being more concerned about its bottom line than with fighting global warming.

Asked about his network’s lack of climate-change coverage, Mr. Hayes tweeted Tuesday that “almost without exception. every single time we’ve covered it’s been a palpable ratings killer. so incentives are not great.”

His frank assessment was met with chuckles from climate skeptics like Anthony Watts, who called it “hilarious, but true,” given that global warming typically brings up the rear on polls and surveys of top voter concerns.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/26/msnbcs-chris-hayes-fuels-outcry-describing-climate/

It slices, it dices, look at that tomato!

Too hot = Climate Change
Too cold = Climate Change
Too dry = Climate Change
Too rainy = Climate Change
Too many hurricanes = Climate Change
Too few hurricanes = Climate Change
My shoelaces snapped = Climate Change
I ran out of ketchup = Climate Change
My dog peed on the carpet = Climate Change
My kid got the sniffles=Climate Change

------------------------------

NBC’s Al Roker Now Says Climate Change Causing Fewer Hurricanes

After the liberal media spent years telling viewers that climate change would increase the frequency and severity of hurricanes, on Friday, NBC’s Today show weatherman Al Roker revealed that the changing climate would actually decrease the number of storms during the upcoming hurricane season.

“And just in, we have an update for our hurricane season 2018 from the National Hurricane Center....the August update is that we’ve got a 60% chance of a below-normal hurricane season. That would be great news,” Roker announced during a weather report in the 7:30 a.m. ET half hour. He then explained the cause: There are a couple of reasons for this. Unfortunately, because of the rapidly melting icecaps due to climate change, the sea surface temperatures in the tropical Atlantic are much colder than average

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...wer-hurricanes

-----------------------------

JUST LIKE I PERDICTED!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

NBC’s Al Roker Now Says Climate Change Causing Fewer Hurricanes

After the liberal media spent years telling viewers that climate change would increase the frequency and severity of hurricanes, on Friday, NBC’s Today show weatherman Al Roker revealed that the changing climate would actually decrease the number of storms during the upcoming hurricane season.

Libs will somehow spin this like it's a bad thing.

About that "deadly heat in the Arctic" ... ?????

Temperatures North Pole today:

-1°
-1°

Deadly ... ******* deadly COLD!!

Okay, how about further south. Reykjavik, Iceland weather report for the next five days:

10°
10°
12°
13°
11°

15°
13°
11°
10°
12°
12°

Hol-ee-****. Poor dudes need to handle the unbearable prospect of 15° Fahrenheit weather.

Jesus Christ, I know that personally, at 0° F I am going shortsleeves and at 5° F, I am sweating.

Poor ******* ... 15°??? Dead-*******-ly!!

Huh ... so looking a bit further at a few Arctic locations. How about Barrow, Alaska??

The highest temperature recorded in Barrow was 79 °F (26 °C) on July 13, 1993

So where do we stand now, the last two days, in the MIDDLE OF SUMMER, with sunshine basically 24 hours per day, and with CO2 much, much, MUCH higher??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Waaaaaay above those readings, right?? RIGHT?!??? Yeah, not so much ...

High 44 °F
Low 34 °F
High 41 °F
Low 36 °F

Huh ... so the middle of the hottest time of year, with 24 hours of sunlight, and temperature readings basically average for this time of year, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below where the CO2 models predicted??

Yeah, strike 20,1384 climate models.

Huh ... so looking a bit further at a few Arctic locations. How about Barrow, Alaska??

The highest temperature recorded in Barrow was 79 °F (26 °C) on July 13, 1993

So where do we stand now, the last two days, in the MIDDLE OF SUMMER, with sunshine basically 24 hours per day, and with CO2 much, much, MUCH higher??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Waaaaaay above those readings, right?? RIGHT?!??? Yeah, not so much ...

High 44 °F
Low 34 °F
High 41 °F
Low 36 °F

Huh ... so the middle of the hottest time of year, with 24 hours of sunlight, and temperature readings basically average for this time of year, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below where the CO2 models predicted??

Yeah, strike 20,1384 climate models.

average
noun av·er·age \ ˈa-v(ə-)rij \

a : a single value (such as a mean, mode, or median) that summarizes or represents the general significance of a set of unequal values
b : mean 1b
2 a : an estimation of or approximation to an arithmetic mean
b : a level (as of intelligence) typical of a group, class, or series

above the average

3 : a ratio expressing the average performance especially of an athletic team or an athlete computed according to the number of opportunities for successful performance

a batting average

global
adjective glob·al \ ˈglō-bəl \

: spherical
2 : of, relating to, or involving the entire world : worldwide

a global system of communication

; also : of or relating to a celestial body (such as the moon)
3 : of, relating to, or applying to a whole (such as a mathematical function or a computer program) : universal

a global search of a file

— globally play \ˈglō-bə-lē\ adverb

And my favorite: This is what Steeltime and the Repugnican senator from the state I reside in part of the year must acquire.

clue
noun \ ˈklü \

1 : something that guides through an intricate procedure or maze of difficulties; specifically : a piece of evidence that leads one toward the solution of a problem
2 : idea, notion had no clue what he meant

You and Inhofe should hang out sometime. I'm sure the intellectual fireworks would be dazzling.

average
noun av·er·age \ ˈa-v(ə-)rij \

a : a single value (such as a mean, mode, or median) that summarizes or represents the general significance of a set of unequal values
b : mean 1b
2 a : an estimation of or approximation to an arithmetic mean
b : a level (as of intelligence) typical of a group, class, or series

above the average

3 : a ratio expressing the average performance especially of an athletic team or an athlete computed according to the number of opportunities for successful performance

a batting average

global
adjective glob·al \ ˈglō-bəl \

: spherical
2 : of, relating to, or involving the entire world : worldwide

a global system of communication

; also : of or relating to a celestial body (such as the moon)
3 : of, relating to, or applying to a whole (such as a mathematical function or a computer program) : universal

a global search of a file

— globally play \ˈglō-bə-lē\ adverb

And my favorite: This is what Steeltime and the Repugnican senator from the state I reside in part of the year must acquire.

clue
noun \ ˈklü \

1 : something that guides through an intricate procedure or maze of difficulties; specifically : a piece of evidence that leads one toward the solution of a problem
2 : idea, notion had no clue what he meant

You and Inhofe should hang out sometime. I'm sure the intellectual fireworks would be dazzling.

(1) Your headline - not mine, YOURS - referred to "deadly heat in the arctic."
(2) As expected, you are completely wrong. There is and never was "deadly heat in the arctic," and you simply offered yet another lie.
(3) It is mid-summer in the arctic, featuring 24 hours of sunshine. The current temperatures at the North Pole, right around 0 degrees F, are right in line with historical averages for August, if perhaps 1 or 2 degrees lower than average. The same is true for the temperature readings at Reykjavik, Iceland and Point Barrow, Alaska:

ArcticStationClimatologies.png

(4) So once again, for perhaps the 1000th time, you post something that is demonstrably false. You force me to do your research for you and prove the point.
(5) Which is exactly what I did. Your claim about these outrageously hot temperatures in the "arctic" are a flat-out lie.

Holocene-Cooling-Arctic-Barrow-Butina-2015.jpg

The temperature data show an increase of 0.5° between 1931 and present, with the "majority" due to CO2, climate alarmists assert. In short, the temperature increase in the arctic over the past 87 years, when CO2 concentration has exploded, and due to the CO2 has been about 0.4°. Yes, you heard that right, less than one-half of one degree Fahrenheit.

(1) Your headline - not mine, YOURS - referred to "deadly heat in the arctic."
(2) As expected, you are completely wrong. There is and never was "deadly heat in the arctic," and you simply offered yet another lie.
(3) It is mid-summer in the arctic, featuring 24 hours of sunshine. The current temperatures at the North Pole, right around 0 degrees F, are right in line with historical averages for August, if perhaps 1 or 2 degrees lower than average. The same is true for the temperature readings at Reykjavik, Iceland and Point Barrow, Alaska:

ArcticStationClimatologies.png

(4) So once again, for perhaps the 1000th time, you post something that is demonstrably false. You force me to do your research for you and prove the point.
(5) Which is exactly what I did. Your claim about these outrageously hot temperatures in the "arctic" are a flat-out lie.

The temperature data show an increase of 0.5° between 1931 and present, with the "majority" due to CO2, climate alarmists assert. In short, the temperature increase in the arctic over the past 87 years, when CO2 concentration has exploded, and due to the CO2 has been about 0.4°. Yes, you heard that right, less than one-half of one degree Fahrenheit.

I must admit Steeltime that for the first time in a thousand interactions with you here and years of back and forth..you are right this time.

The problem is you aren't right in terms of the context, you are right because of an error in syntax.

The title of this thread should have ended with: " deadly heat in Japan and Arctic fires."

The forum limit on thread title characters chopped the end off. No one was claiming deadly Arctic heat, but rather Arctic wildfires.

Go look at the title of the video on you tube.

And when it comes to climate change; no matter your claims, I have never posted anything that is false.

I have the facts on my side, you have a delusion fed to you by fossil fuel money interests.

BWAhahahahahah!

MSNBC's Chris Hayes fuels outcry by describing climate change as 'ratings killer'

MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes’ admission that climate change is a “ratings killer” has infuriated environmentalists who accused the liberal network of being more concerned about its bottom line than with fighting global warming.

Asked about his network’s lack of climate-change coverage, Mr. Hayes tweeted Tuesday that “almost without exception. every single time we’ve covered it’s been a palpable ratings killer. so incentives are not great.”

His frank assessment was met with chuckles from climate skeptics like Anthony Watts, who called it “hilarious, but true,” given that global warming typically brings up the rear on polls and surveys of top voter concerns.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/26/msnbcs-chris-hayes-fuels-outcry-describing-climate/

That's because nobody watches MSNBC for news. They watch to hear mean things about Trump and conservatives. It's also why liberals get their news just as much from late night "comedians" as they do from mainstream media, because there really isn't much difference between them anymore.

Remember when "political" comics were a small niche? Now there's almost nothing but political comics and they don;t even do jokes anymore.

Did you hear that today Trump....insert activity... Man, what an *******!

That's basically the only joke told now.

Some good news

Seattle Judge Dismisses Young Activists' Climate Lawsuit

SEATTLE - A Washington state judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by young activists who argued the state is violating their rights by failing to protect them from climate change.

In his ruling Tuesday, King County Superior Court Judge Michael Scott says the issues in the case are political questions that must be addressed by the legislative and executive branches and cannot be resolved by a court.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/seattle-judge-dismisses-young-activists-climate-lawsuit/813031501

---------------------------

Young activists respond:

JITP_FA_toddlers-crying-small.JPG

Global Cooling Alert!

August Snow Falling In Montana, Idaho And Wyoming

A cold late August storm system is bringing a chilly rain and some high altitude snow to parts of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.

The National Weather Service says as much as 4-8 inches could fall in elevations above 9,000 feet in the mountains of Montana and Wyoming. Some areas have been placed under a Winter Weather Advisory. Colorado is on the extreme southern edge of this weather system and will be windy as it passes by. Some colder air will filter into northern and northeast Colorado by Tuesday

codybowl.jpg

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/08/27/summer-snow-falling-in-northern-rockies/