• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global Warming Alert! Snow, Cold to Spread Into Northern US This Week

In related news........it's all cracking open! Run Away!

That big typhoon happened right before one of their big climate summit things. People were blaming global warming for the deaths. It's a cult.
Somewhere it's got to be Bush's fault.

The drone camera melted

On September 20, the daring duo set out to film Iceland's Holuhraun fissure with a DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter equipped with a GoPro Hero 3 that Cheng controlled via wireless remote,

The drone had to travel over a mile unmanned from where Cheng was positioned and dodge 600-foot-high spurts of lava and molten rocks shooting high into the air, the Washington Post reports. Unfortunately, the camera didn't survive the trip.

"I brought (the drone) in for landing and I noticed that the front of the GoPro had been completely melted, Cheng said in a video for DJI. "Apparently it had been so hot that the camera had melted. Luckily the micro SD card survived and I was able to pull the drone off of it."

http://www.weather.com/news/iceland-bardarbunga-volcano-drone-footage-20141002

-----------------------------------------
I want one!

Phantom_brushless.jpg

The drone camera melted

On September 20, the daring duo set out to film Iceland's Holuhraun fissure with a DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter equipped with a GoPro Hero 3 that Cheng controlled via wireless remote,

The drone had to travel over a mile unmanned from where Cheng was positioned and dodge 600-foot-high spurts of lava and molten rocks shooting high into the air, the Washington Post reports. Unfortunately, the camera didn't survive the trip.

"I brought (the drone) in for landing and I noticed that the front of the GoPro had been completely melted, Cheng said in a video for DJI. "Apparently it had been so hot that the camera had melted. Luckily the micro SD card survived and I was able to pull the drone off of it."

I want one!

Phantom_brushless.jpg

Obviously undisputable evidence of Global Warming

yup, the lava is much hotter than it was 100 years ago. I'm gonna go find a hockey stick chart to prove it.

The drone camera melted

I want one!

Phantom_brushless.jpg

Ha. There is one of these that flies at our local HS football game. Before and during halftime, this drone, with cameras aboard, flies over our stands, and the band, and the cheerleaders, filming the fans, the band, etc. It's really cool to see in action.

I haven't picked up a National Geographic since I was a kid trying to find pics of tribal ****.

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/critical-issues-ocean-acidification/

National Geographic seems to contradict your sources Vader. I tend to trust National Geographic.

We can play that Liberal game too, attack the source, not the message. From here on out, you can no longer point to National Geographic, as they are in Obama's back pocket.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2941473/posts

You can't believe **** that rag publishes with its political affiliations.

"Scientists are calling for drastic measures to avert massive bleaching of the world's reefs."

Yeah, the same scientists who fly on jets to get to their research locations, drive cars to get to the pier, and take diesel-powered ships to reach the coral reef or whatever they are investigating.

Drastic measures for me and you, but I can guaran-*******-tee you the scientists will have "good cause" to burn fossil fuels.

Of course you do. Just like you trust Yahoo. Of course there are no sources to that article, just conjecture. But it's good to see your faith in your religion is strong.
Screw Yahoo. The Truth is found on Wikipedia.

Global Warming Alert! #2

Antarctic Sea Ice Reaches New Record Maximum ( Oct 2014)

antarctic_seaice_sept191.jpg

“Our models are improving, but they’re far from perfect. One by one, scientists are figuring out that particular variables are more important than we thought years ago, and one by one those variables are getting incorporated into the models.”For Antarctica, key variables include the atmospheric and oceanic conditions, as well as the effects of an icy land surface, changing atmospheric chemistry, the ozone hole, months of darkness and more.

“The Antarctic sea ice is one of those areas where things have not gone entirely as expected. So it’s natural for scientists to ask, ‘OK, this isn’t what we expected, now how can we explain it?’”

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/08/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum/

--------------------------

How Inconvenient

Inconvenient indeed :P that pesky Antarctica. BUT did you know it is getting bigger because the ice isn't as deep, or trade winds, or a cow in Nebraska farted? Just wait, they will have an explanation....they always do.

The Antarctic sea ice is one of those areas where things have not gone entirely as expected. So it’s natural for scientists to ask, ‘OK, this isn’t what we expected, now how can we explain it?’”

The question should be "what is wrong with or missing from our models", not "how can we explain it". Maybe that is what he meant, but I, somehow, don't think so.

In a comment on an article somewhere I saw the AGW crowd referred to as the GWZ's for Global Warming Zealots or Gee-whizzers. Made me laugh.

I haven't picked up a National Geographic since I was a kid trying to find pics of tribal ****.
Black women never did it for me, except for Halle Barry.

I wanna dance with somebody, I wanna feel the heat with somebody! yeah I would do Whitney as well if she had a heartbeat

ISIS, Iran, Russian belligerence - and our brilliant Defense Secretary felt the need to underline this bullshit at an Americas Defense Minister Conference -
“The loss of glaciers will strain water supplies in several areas of our hemisphere,” Mr. Hagel said. “Destruction and devastation from hurricanes can sow the seeds for instability. Droughts and crop failures can leave millions of people without any lifeline, and trigger waves of mass migration.”

from - http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/u...-presents-immediate-security-threat.html?_r=0

Of nobody takes us seriously.