• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Happy Easter

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Every Easter is cool to me for many reasons. One of those reasons is that I can be religious, and not thought to be a nut.

Christmas is often thought of as the most important Christian holiday, but the scriptures tell us differently. Easter is the celebration of when Jesus died and rose again. This is THE point of my faith. It is the point of hope that makes me what I am, and what I am sure of.

So, on this most important day, I wish you all a "Happy Easter", and hope that the meaning of it comes home true to you.

Even you Tibs.

Love to all here.

Why thanks DJ, Happy Easter to you too. As the son of an ordained minister, I was raised in the church, spent my childhood living in a parsonage through high school. Easter will always be special as it reminds me of more innocent times, and especially my mom and dad and how special this weekend was for them. The sadness and sorrow of Good Friday followed by the uplifting message of Easter Sunday.

1617458571449.png

Last edited:
Tibs, you're full of **** and everyone here knows it. Too bad your parents didn't have more influence on you.

Happy Easter, you fn radical. I hope the peacefulness of this holiday can somehow touch your dark soul and uplift your spirits.

Last edited:
Still waiting to hear how Communism got back into Hungary after so many years. Thinking you know more about Rinos than you might want to let on. Please tell us how we can avoid Communism and corruption at the upper reaches of government. Peace brother.

Tibs, you're full of **** and everyone here knows it. Too bad your parents didn't have more influence on you.

Happy Easter, you fn radical. I hope the peacefulness of this holiday can somehow touch your dark soul and uplift your spirits.

Man, that's pretty harsh on an Easter weekend. Hope you're happy with yourself.

And that's exactly why I don't engage some of you on this board.

Still waiting to hear how Communism got back into Hungary after so many years. Thinking you know more about Rinos than you might want to let on. Please tell us how we can avoid Communism and corruption at the upper reaches of government. Peace brother.

Keep waiting, you'll get no reply from me. Maybe do some research and reading on your own, if you're that interested in the subject.

Keep waiting, you'll get no reply from me. Maybe do some research and reading on your own, if you're that interested in the subject.
I want to hear from the boots on the ground my friend. I don't want it to be diluted. I want to know how we can avoid being being entrapped by the communist manifesto. Your country is now once again entrenched in communism and corruption based on what you stated in the Covid thread.

Your relatives lived under that boot and I want to know how a society that was so opressed could return to it after experiencing freedom

Your ancestors moved to the US to avoid Communism but you went back. So you are in the prime position to teach us the difference between a free society and one where you cannot speak freely or live freely. I want to know from your experience how our country (the USA) can avoid being overtaken by the same overreach of government that your ancestors obviously took so much offense to that they moved your family to safe haven.

I just find it curious how can you condone that same overreach of power and squash the safe haven your ancestors worked so hard to aspire to.

I'd expect you to be up in arms against what's going on because your family experienced it first hand. We're just trying to avoid it. Sorry if I come across as defiant but that's the way I think about our difference of opinion.

I still think you're full of it, but that's just the Irish in me. I'd still buy you a beer if given the opportunity to meet you and maybe we'd come to a consensus if we could actually talk it out. For what it's worth if you have to the time I'd really like to read more about your experiences in Hungary, your families past there, and where you think it's headed. Peace brother.

Last edited:
Man, that's pretty harsh on an Easter weekend. Hope you're happy with yourself.

And that's exactly why I don't engage some of you on this board.
Why? You have much to teach us as your family has lived under the cold dark reality of Communism. I can't speak for others but I would like to work with you and others who have experienced Communism and suppress it to its deepest darkest depths. There should be no place in this country where insider corruption should replace honest good work and experience.

You are about 30 years ahead of where we are with respect to the insider corruption. I'd like to think you can help us shine a light on it. If not then I can only assume you're on the inside and that's where we'll be at odds until we are no more. Happy Easter my friend.

Last edited:
Born and raised a Catholic. Taught in grade school that Easter is the most important holiday, etc. BUT if not for Christmas, there never would have been an Easter. Therefore, Christmas > Easter. My $ .02 :waving:

For some reason or another, lottsa peoples like to flock to the highways and byways on the Easter holidays. We were coming back from Tampa Saturday and the southbound traffic on 75 was bumper to bumper for over a 100 miles. Biggest traffic jam I have ever seen.

1gbdku.jpg

For some reason or another, lottsa peoples like to flock to the highways and byways on the Easter holidays. We were coming back from Tampa Saturday and the southbound traffic on 75 was bumper to bumper for over a 100 miles. Biggest traffic jam I have ever seen.

1gbdku.jpg
Ugh.. massive traffic. My pet peeve in life. I spent 13 years traveling down to Orlando and back a few times a month. I hated I-4 with a passion.

Buona Pasqua tutti a famiglia e amici!

Grazie Ron and thanks DJ

yes Reaurrection Sunday means more to me than Christmas
What a glorious day, especially today was my Rebirthday, 11 years!

Nice! Love those stories!

Jesus Criticized For Leaving His Face Covering Behind In The Tomb
April 4th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com
article-8331-1.jpg

7.8kShares
6kSHARE
810SHARE
JERUSALEM—The risen Jesus is being roundly criticized in the media after it was discovered he left the tomb without his face covering.

"Yeah we know he's immune to death and all that, but he could at least set an example by responsibly wearing his protective face covering," said King Herod in an op-ed published in the Jerusalem Gazette. "Jesus claims to be pro-life, but his actions would suggest otherwise."
According to Roman authorities, Jesus's face covering and burial linens were found neatly folded in an empty tomb three days after his crucifixion. Pontius Pilate has sent platoons of soldiers to scour the countryside for the unmasked risen Savior.
"We're just looking out for everyone's safety," said Pilate. "Tombs are usually full of diseases and we can't risk having any of that dangerous stuff like leprosy or salvation spread throughout the populace."
King Herod has asked for anyone with information on the whereabouts of Jesus to turn him in so that he may bring him before the local Health & Safety Commission.