• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hate for Najee?

A Henry is worth taking in the 1st; they thought they were getting a Henry, they sure as sh-- did not. Henry has speed, Najee has almost none, huge difference and the front office never considered that. They didn't think a no 40-time should raise red flags. Stupid on their part. Do you think Najee slow @ss will ever get a 5.4 ypc for a season? Not a prayer.
Only 3 guys in the NFL had more 20+ yrd runs last year than Najee.

He has not run behind a NFL caliber line yet.

I know you know this because you have bitched about how bad Moore, Green and the line that "shades" by himself put together.

Harris is the guy that continuously got 1000 yards+ behind that horrible line.
The next time rushing for 1,000 yards is meaningful, I'll let you know. Do you still think there are only 14 GAMES PER YEAR?

The next time rushing for 1,000 yards is meaningful, I'll let you know. Do you still think there are only 14 GAMES PER YEAR?
certainly does not mean what it used to, but somehow "slowass" Harris did it every year behind a ****** oline. and a gameplan a high school D could figure out

I like Najee. At times I've wanted him replaced by Warren in games. Now that his trainer said he was motivated to trim down by being a FA after this season.....get what you can out of him and he can join Bud Dupree. Bye bye.

Harris has [proven he can be the workhorse for a team. Warren has not. I hope they keep both for several more years.
Harris has relinquished all the pass catching and half the carries to Warren.
Harris was a workhorse the first 2 seasons before losing half the work to Jaylen.
Warren has proven alot of doubters wrong, with increased workload he also leveled up his production.

Harris has relinquished all the pass catching and half the carries to Warren.
Harris was a workhorse the first 2 seasons before losing half the work to Jaylen.
Warren has proven alot of doubters wrong, with increased workload he also leveled up his production.
Love Warren. But he has not proven he can put this team on his back week in and week out. He is an perfect 2nd back to Harris

Love Warren. But he has not proven he can put this team on his back week in and week out. He is an perfect 2nd back to Harris

Harris doesn’t fumble nearly as much, just for the record.

Combined they are a hellA good duo in the backfield.

Salute the nation

Where’s the ”not used properly” post When you need it? with ****** line play, poor play calling, and even poorer play design, hard to blame Harris. They should start Harris and Warren together and audible Harris into the slot and get him outside where he can use his size again dbs when not running with the ball. He was a wr at Alabama till moved into the backfield. dude‘s got talent! It’s up to the coach and coaches to get it out of him and to make use of it. Watch now that they didn’t pick up his contract he’ll have a break out year! Plus the new OC knows how the run an offense! GoSteelers!

You act like 12 out of 32 starters in an era of "RB's by committee" is a lot. And those other 11 players had 17 games to get there also. I am sure sooner or later they will have 18 games a year. It is what it is.
I'm just saying 1,000 yard seasons are not what they used to be, but so many fans and media people don't realize it. 12 RBs had over 1,000 yards in 2023. Not 4 or 5.

You make no sense... Only about 1/3 of teams had a 1000yrd rusher so it's not that easy. Also for being slow najee had 8 runs over 20+ yrds with Conner surprisingly leading the league with 11.
And even WITH ALL those rushes over 20 yards, he barely (4.1)Broke over 4 ypc for 2023. Not impressed.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2024/05/23/steelers-nfl-mike-tomlin-najee-harris/
Tomlin spoke of depths of waters and layers and other “things of that nature” as he likes to say but it’s all just gobbledegook. The most obvious answer is the Steelers want to see what Harris can do in comparison to Jaylen Warren in this new offense before they commit big money to him. They are betting on not needing to pay him in free agency and Harris is betting on someone paying him big money.

So glad we have nothing to do with the Steelers day to day operations

Speak for yourself, I know my BT50, constant circling the stadium, constantly driving by practice facility, constantly sneaking in, has caused many a daily security governess of the situation. The Tomlin can hear my screams and alters up blaring crowd noise at practice..................................................

We all have our impact, mine is in many.... many ways, besides just here.

Salute the nation

I'm just saying 1,000 yard seasons are not what they used to be, but so many fans and media people don't realize it. 12 RBs had over 1,000 yards in 2023. Not 4 or 5.
Every team in the league would have a 1000 yard rusher if every team gave 1 RB 250-300 carries. Some teams would have multiple 1000+ guys
Lamar Jackson could hit 1000+ with 100 less carries than Harris.
Jaylen Warren would have had 1350 if he had Harris 255 carries