• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hate for Najee?

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
this thread is about Najee Harris the player, not the inepts that drafted him in the 1st round. So staying with the topic, what does the negligence of the Oline for years has anything to do with Najee Harris personal performance?

it's like talking to a fish
You can't grasp it, never mind.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
And they sucked also!!!!!
https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-ranking-all-72-starting-running-backs-from-the-2023-nfl-season

Almost everyone above him on this list had a better ypc, some redically. I'd take almost all of those above him on this list over Najee by a wide margin. He's nowhere near a McCaffery for example, it's not even close. Mic's 5.4 ypc dwarfs Najee's output. That "consecutive 1,000 yard season" stat is pretty meaningless. And Najee's throwing a fit over no new contract.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-ranking-all-72-starting-running-backs-from-the-2023-nfl-season

Almost everyone above him on this list had a better ypc, some redically. I'd take almost all of those above him on this list over Najee by a wide margin. He's nowhere near a McCaffery for example, it's not even close. Mic's 5.4 ypc dwarfs Najee's output. That "consecutive 1,000 yard season" stat is pretty meaningless. And Najee's throwing a fit over no new contract.
once again, I am super glad we have nothing to do with the Steelers day to day movements

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
once again, I am super glad we have nothing to do with the Steelers day to day movements
Read the title for the thread, maybe that will help clue you in. "hate for Najee." Get it, yet? The thread is not about Steelers day-to-day movements. Hello? (knock, knock, knock). Anyone home?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Read the title for the thread, maybe that will help clue you in. "hate for Najee." Get it, yet? The thread is not about Steelers day-to-day movements. Hello? (knock, knock, knock). Anyone home?
Yeah you forgot the ? In the title. That is a "question mark" you use those when you are asking a "question". As in " hate for Najee?".
As in questioning hate for Najee.
You can also use what is called an exclamation point. Looks like this -!!!

You can use those in your titles example. " I HATE SHADES!!!" " I HATE NAJEE!!!".
hope this helps.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Yeah you forgot the ? In the title. That is a "question mark" you use those when you are asking a "question". As in " hate for Najee?".
As in questioning hate for Najee.
You can also use what is called an exclamation point. Looks like this -!!!

You can use those in your titles example. " I HATE SHADES!!!" " I HATE NAJEE!!!".
hope this helps.
Nice attempt at "moving the goalposts" but that technique doesn't work for the able-minded. Your attempted non sequitur just doesn't follow the path of logic, but I'm pretty sure you can't even grasp that. So move along, sonny, move along. I was perfectly "on-subject" with my post and you just plum f---d up. No shocker. Try to keep up, Melvin, I know it's tough for you.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice attempt at "moving the goalposts" but that technique doesn't work for the able-minded. Your attempted non sequitur just doesn't follow the path of logic, but I'm pretty sure you can't even grasp that. So move along, sonny, move along. I was perfectly "on-subject" with my post and you just plum f---d up. No shocker. Try to keep up, Melvin, I know it's tough for you.
Man I just do not know how to respond to stupid.

bigben

Reaction score
Drafting Najee was more poor judgement, as was the handling of the OL letting it turn into pure sh--. Both are related.
The facts are

Najee Harris has had the "Terrible canada offense" and "Terrible O-line" "subpar QB Play" since he got here. There is alot of truth to all 3
BUT
People love to ignore the fact that despite those factors the Steelers had the second most efficient YPC back in Jaylen Warren. 5.3 ypc last season vs 5.4 fo CMC the league leader.

Imagine if Najee ran like Warren has his entire career, 5.1+ypc.
Would people be talking about Canada, the line, the qb holding the run game back? Hell no

People would be dancing in the streets talking about the stud 1st rounder they drafted from Alabama.

Would Najee be splitting carries with Warren if Warren was 3.9 career and Harris was 5.1? No chance, Tomlin would be running Harris wheels off and Warren would get Benny Snell volume.

Why can't Steeler fans look at the RB room in a fair and unbiased way. Forgetting who was drafted 1st rd. or who was undrafted

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
The facts are

Najee Harris has had the "Terrible canada offense" and "Terrible O-line" "subpar QB Play" since he got here. There is alot of truth to all 3
BUT
People love to ignore the fact that despite those factors the Steelers had the second most efficient YPC back in Jaylen Warren. 5.3 ypc last season vs 5.4 fo CMC the league leader.

Imagine if Najee ran like Warren has his entire career, 5.1+ypc.
Would people be talking about Canada, the line, the qb holding the run game back? Hell no

People would be dancing in the streets talking about the stud 1st rounder they drafted from Alabama.

Would Najee be splitting carries with Warren if Warren was 3.9 career and Harris was 5.1? No chance, Tomlin would be running Harris wheels off and Warren would get Benny Snell volume.

Why can't Steeler fans look at the RB room in a fair and unbiased way. Forgetting who was drafted 1st rd. or who was undrafted
I call it "The Steeler fan denial principle." A certain % of fans just love to believe whatever PR the team sends out there and defends it all day long. Those fans can't, or refuse, to think for themselves. As far as the specific case you bring up, they will all clamor for the "but Warren gets his higher ypc mostly on 3rd downs," which is of course just not true, but they stick to repeating that endlessly regardless.

Some fans just need to buy whatever the team is selling, whether it is about the worst OC in NFL history or a head coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 7 years, giving up 40+ on average in his last 4 attempts.

Last edited:

bigben

Reaction score
I all it "The Steeler fan denial principle." A certain % of fans just love to believe whatever PR the team sends out there and defends it all day long. Those fans can't, or refuse, to think for themselves. As far as the specific case you bring up, they will all clamor for the "but Warren gets his higher ypc mostly on 3rd downs," which is of course just not true, but they stick to repeating that endlessly regardless.

Some fans just need to buy whatever the team is selling, whether it is about the worst OC in NFL history or a head coach who hasn't won a playoff game in 7 years, giving up 40+ on average in his last 4 attempts.

I all it "The Steeler fan denial principle." A certain % of fans just love to believe whatever PR the team sends out there and defends it all day long. Those fans can't, or refuse, to think for themselves. As far as the specific case you bring up, they will all clamor for the "but Warren gets his higher ypc mostly on 3rd downs," which is of course just not true, but they stick to repeating that endlessly regardless.

bigben

Reaction score
You don't think I can show endless plays where he runs right into a defender? OK.
Najee had his 2 best games against cincy. Most RB torched them as they were bottom of the league vs the run.
He looks the part every once in a while against the right defense.
Lookup Le'veon Bell vs the Bills on youtube.
Bell had a better highlight reel in that 1 game than Najee's career highlight reel.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I think a lot of people have a personal dislike for Najee because he was drafted in the 1st round.
That was not his choice he was drafted. Blame Tomlin. Blame Colbert. Blame khan. Not Najee.
He has been extremely solid since he has been here. Had he been drafted in the 3rd round he would be beloved.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I think a lot of people have a personal dislike for Najee because he was drafted in the 1st round.
That was not his choice he was drafted. Blame Tomlin. Blame Colbert. Blame khan. Not Najee.
He has been extremely solid since he has been here. Had he been drafted in the 3rd round he would be beloved.
All true but blame Najee for at least part of the subterfuge allowing him to be mistakenly drafted in the 1st round; he never ran a 40 and that made Pgh reach for him not realizing how slow he was. Oh I know, I know: Najee played it smart to allow him to make more $, you can't blame him. But many still do as he wasn't truly forthcoming on his skills or lack of them. So be it. Pgh was dumb enough to ignore the no 40 time. I would not have.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
All true but blame Najee for at least part of the subterfuge allowing him to be mistakenly drafted in the 1st round; he never ran a 40 and that made Pgh reach for him not realizing how slow he was. Oh I know, I know: Najee played it smart to allow him to make more $, you can't blame him. But many still do as he wasn't truly forthcoming on his skills or lack of them. So be it. Pgh was dumb enough to ignore the no 40 time. I would not have.
Again blame Tomlin, blame Colbert, blame khan. But yall take it out with Najee hate.
He has just shown up ran hard and has been the workhouse the Steelers wanted him to be. They do not want a game breaker. They want someone that consistently moves the chains. He fits that.

Boring. But moves the chains.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Again blame Tomlin, blame Colbert, blame khan. But yall take it out with Najee hate.
He has just shown up ran hard and has been the workhouse the Steelers wanted him to be. They do not want a game breaker. They want someone that consistently moves the chains. He fits that.

Boring. But moves the chains.
So they would turn down a runner who could make "chunk plays?" Dumber than I thought.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
So they would turn down a runner who could make "chunk plays?" Dumber than I thought.
Bijan Robinson was drafted to make chuck plays how did he do his rookie year?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Bijan Robinson was drafted to make chuck plays how did he do his rookie year?
1,463 yards (Falcons rookie record) on 272 touches, 5.4 yards per play, 8 TDs, 74 first downs, 7 carries of 20+ yards. Pretty good season overall.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
1,463 yards (Falcons rookie record) on 272 touches, 5.4 yards per play, 8 TDs, 74 first downs, 7 carries of 20+ yards. Pretty good season overall.
Total yards correct? How many rushing yards for this rb who was drafted way way before Najee

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Knowledgeable ……………….. yep.

Salute the nation