• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hate for Najee?

There was another poster that valued 40 times who was that again. Hummmmm

The thing is, the STEELERS knew full well what Najee 40 time is, just not the one ran at the combine. There is no way that there isn’t a 40 time out there, even in practice 40 time, that they could have access to. To base an entire pick on a combine 40 time is not as serious as our coooooch 2, is putting it up to be. I’m sure Najee’s college coach was more than willing to share 40 times.

Salute the nation

I think a lot of people have a personal dislike for Najee because he was drafted in the 1st round.
That was not his choice he was drafted. Blame Tomlin. Blame Colbert. Blame khan. Not Najee.
He has been extremely solid since he has been here. Had he been drafted in the 3rd round he would be beloved.
Much like people like to declare Troy Edward’s the biggest Steelers bust of all time because he was drafted instead of Jevon Kearse. Edwards was a big disappointment, but had 7 year NFL career and amassed 4,300 combined yards. He is far from their biggest bust.

Last edited:
All true but blame Najee for at least part of the subterfuge allowing him to be mistakenly drafted in the 1st round; he never ran a 40 and that made Pgh reach for him not realizing how slow he was. Oh I know, I know: Najee played it smart to allow him to make more $, you can't blame him. But many still do as he wasn't truly forthcoming on his skills or lack of them. So be it. Pgh was dumb enough to ignore the no 40 time. I would not have.

What a bunch of rhetoric having no basis in fact.

Probably just a tad closer to the truth:

How did Najee Harris' unofficial 40 time compare to the other running backs in his draft class?​

Harris opted not to run the 40-yard dash at his pro day as he was nursing an ankle injury that he suffered late in the year at Alabama. On top of that, the 2021 NFL Combine was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so he was unable to run it then.

This means the only recorded 40-yard dash time we have of Harris from his Alabama days is an unofficial time of 4.45 that was likely timed by hand. It's hard to put much stock into that time, but that's what we're working with here.

How does that compare to other running backs' 40-yard dash times in that same draft class? Here are the top five recorded 40-yard dashes from running backs in the 2021 NFL Draft.

1. Kene Nwangwu, Iowa State: 4.32
2. Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana: 4.35
3. Deon Jackson, Duke: 4.42
4. Travis Etienne, Clemson: 4.45
T-5. Pooka Williams Jr., Kansas: 4.46
T-5. Javian Hawkins, Louisville: 4.46

Remember, all of those times were recorded at their team's official pro days, and a number of players opted not to run the 40-yard dash at all. While Harris' 4.45 40-yard dash would theoretically tie Travis Etienne for fourth-best, that's likely pretty misleading.

Etienne is faster than Harris. We don't need hand-timed 40-yard dash times to tell us that. This isn't to say that Harris is slow, especially not for a guy his size, but that 4.45 40 time for Harris is likely a bit inflated.

What a bunch of rhetoric having no basis in fact.

Probably just a tad closer to the truth:

How did Najee Harris' unofficial 40 time compare to the other running backs in his draft class?​

Harris opted not to run the 40-yard dash at his pro day as he was nursing an ankle injury that he suffered late in the year at Alabama. On top of that, the 2021 NFL Combine was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, so he was unable to run it then.

This means the only recorded 40-yard dash time we have of Harris from his Alabama days is an unofficial time of 4.45 that was likely timed by hand. It's hard to put much stock into that time, but that's what we're working with here.

How does that compare to other running backs' 40-yard dash times in that same draft class? Here are the top five recorded 40-yard dashes from running backs in the 2021 NFL Draft.

1. Kene Nwangwu, Iowa State: 4.32
2. Elijah Mitchell, Louisiana: 4.35
3. Deon Jackson, Duke: 4.42
4. Travis Etienne, Clemson: 4.45
T-5. Pooka Williams Jr., Kansas: 4.46
T-5. Javian Hawkins, Louisville: 4.46

Remember, all of those times were recorded at their team's official pro days, and a number of players opted not to run the 40-yard dash at all. While Harris' 4.45 40-yard dash would theoretically tie Travis Etienne for fourth-best, that's likely pretty misleading.

Etienne is faster than Harris. We don't need hand-timed 40-yard dash times to tell us that. This isn't to say that Harris is slow, especially not for a guy his size, but that 4.45 40 time for Harris is likely a bit inflated.
If you're gonna take the word of a "hand time, home cooked" 40 time, that's your choice. He'd be lucky to really run a 4.7 if not 4.8. But whatever floats your boat. :pound:

Again blame Tomlin, blame Colbert, blame khan. But yall take it out with Najee hate.
He has just shown up ran hard and has been the workhouse the Steelers wanted him to be. They do not want a game breaker. They want someone that consistently moves the chains. He fits that.

Boring. But moves the chains.
LOL dumbest thing I've heard. I'm sure the Steelers wanted both a chain mover that could be a game breaker., like a Derrick henry, Saquan, or the other elite guys he was being compared to at the time, Thats literally why you draft a RB in the 1st round. 3.9 /carry slow big guys can be found anywhere, every team has 1.

Nobody personally hates Najee, everybody expected alot more considering.
Harris had 6 ypc at Alabama, same as Derrick Henry
Harris also had more yards rushing than Henry.

Not 1 person in the world expected a 3.9/ carry career guy (worse than the outgoing James Conner) I'm sure the Steelers didn't either. Despite praising Harris to the media, Warren taking half his job speaks volumes on how they really feel. Especially a team thats calling card is ride #1 RB until the wheels fall off.

We all expected much more from Harris, to put it on the coaches or front office is ridiculous.

If you're gonna take the word of a "hand time, home cooked" 40 time, that's your choice. He'd be lucky to really run a 4.7 if not 4.8. But whatever floats your boat. :pound:
Thats all you got out of that post?
Nice cherry pick, for the least important.
That source has far more credibility than you stating for a fact that Najee purposely deceived the Steelers, among the other bullshit you stated as fact.

Thats all you got out of that post?
Nice cherry pick, for the least important.
That source has far more credibility than you stating for a fact that Najee purposely deceived the Steelers, among the other bullshit you stated as fact.
Yes, a "home cooked, hand timed" 40 time is such a non-legit source right out of the gates to hang your hat that your argument from the very essence was far too flawed to base anything of legitimate summaries. No one buys 40s of that nature, that's why they are done at the combine to begin with, but not Najee. He chose not to run one there. And his career sub 4.0 ypc confirms his slowness. They were hoping for a Derrick Henry but instead ended up with a Trent Richardson, and what a difference that is: 4.7 v 3.3 ypc. All the difference in the world.

LOL dumbest thing I've heard. I'm sure the Steelers wanted both a chain mover that could be a game breaker., like a Derrick henry, Saquan, or the other elite guys he was being compared to at the time, Thats literally why you draft a RB in the 1st round. 3.9 /carry slow big guys can be found anywhere, every team has 1.

Nobody personally hates Najee, everybody expected alot more considering.
Harris had 6 ypc at Alabama, same as Derrick Henry
Harris also had more yards rushing than Henry.

Not 1 person in the world expected a 3.9/ carry career guy (worse than the outgoing James Conner) I'm sure the Steelers didn't either. Despite praising Harris to the media, Warren taking half his job speaks volumes on how they really feel. Especially a team thats calling card is ride #1 RB until the wheels fall off.

We all expected much more from Harris, to put it on the coaches or front office is ridiculous.
Harris is the exact back the Steelers wanted. He is doing exactly what the Steelers wanted out of a back. He just not the back you or "greg" wants

Harris is the exact back the Steelers wanted. He is doing exactly what the Steelers wanted out of a back. He just not the back you or "greg" wants
I'll let you know when Najee is considered the "better back" by ANYONE related to the NFL in regards to he and Henry. But I wouldn't wait with "baited breath" because no one of any significance would assert that, ever.

Yes, a "home cooked, hand timed" 40 time is such a non-legit source right out of the gates to hang your hat that your argument from the very essence was far too flawed to base anything of legitimate summaries. No one buys 40s of that nature, that's why they are done at the combine to begin with, but not Najee. He chose not to run one there. And his career sub 4.0 ypc confirms his slowness. They were hoping for a Derrick Henry but instead ended up with a Trent Richardson, and what a difference that is: 4.7 v 3.3 ypc. All the difference in the world.
Obviously you didn't read the entire post.
Secondly, I included in the post the part regarding his time, which may not be accurate, and I agree., otherwise I would have deleted it.
Any idiot could have deduced that. Time isn't everything.
My issue is all the other bullshit you state as fact

Obviously you didn't read the entire post.
Secondly, I included in the post the part regarding his time, which may not be accurate, and I agree., otherwise I would have deleted it.
Any idiot could have deduced that. Time isn't everything.
My issue is all the other bullshit you state as fact
I'm sorry, are you one of the "PSFWBATPRB" (Pgh Steeler Fan Who believes Any Team PR Believers)? It's good to know ahead of time when dealing with one of those.

I'll let you know when Najee is considered the "better back" by ANYONE related to the NFL in regards to he and Henry. But I wouldn't wait with "baited breath" because no one of any significance would assert that, ever.
Sorry I didn't compare them

Dear lord this again.
Time and time again, pun intended.

Where's those countless videos you said you had of Najee running into defenders?
More BS.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, are you one of the "PSFWBATPRB" (Pgh Steeler Fan Who believes Any Team PR Believers)? It's good to know ahead of time when dealing with one of those.

Label………….. Yep

Salute the nation

Not knowing where to run and losing yards in the meantime of not being able to figure that out.
So I saw him getting positive yards. 14 not blocking downfield. And najee getting hit by 3 defenders.

So I saw him getting positive yards. 14 not blocking downfield. And najee getting hit by 3 defenders.
I would have just liked to see him put his head down and run forward(maybe he gets fined as Warren did a few times). Doubtful he gets the first though. As you stated.....he had 3 defenders right there in front of him. Dancing around in that spot wasn't going to get it.