• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hate for Najee?

I'm sure everyone is so excited that you ridicule special needs people, so magnanimous and all. What a great person you must be in life.
You know everyone can see I was only ridiculing you. So by by your admission that I was ridiculing a special needs person, you are admitting you are one.

So I apologize. I didn't understand. I just thought you were an idiot. Now I feel bad.

Using PFF rankings as a source should be an automatic disqualifier. Also comparing Najees tpc to Warrens is simply not fair. Warren comes in more on passing situations so the defense is not as keyed in the run. Najee was at the top or near the top in yards after contact and also near the top in 20+ yrd runs. Najee is not a game breaker RB but he wasn't drafted to be. He is a work horse back who was stuck with a garbage offense. Najee does his job well and i think we will see how much better he can be with a new OC and better talent in the Oline.
Same old delusional talking points

1. Did Jaylen Warren rush for 1.2 ypc more than Harris with a better OC, offensive line?

Jaylen was the #2 most efficient runner in the league (over100 carries) Behind the same line, same OC and same terrible QB

2. Warren although getting all the passing work due to being better at it, also had 149 carries and alternated series with Harris the majority of the year. did not just come in on passing situations.

3. Don't trust PFF? Here's what the stats on rotowire are.

Broken tackle %
Harris 18.8%
Warren 30.9%

Positive run %
Harris 80.8 %
Warren 83.3 %

Average yards after contact
Harris 2.9
Warren 3.0

Back to Najee, I've been watching Bama highlight games on YT today. I've been watching him hit the holes with speed and power, put up some great blocks, and flat out overpowering DBs. Soft hands while receiving, plus great YAC. Plus, only ONE fumble in his college career.
I can see how he was easily a first-rounder and can't believe how anyone complains about the pick without resorting to hindsight ( players the Steelers could've drafted instead because of how they've performed in the NFL so far )

Back to Najee, I've been watching Bama highlight games on YT today. I've been watching him hit the holes with speed and power, put up some great blocks, and flat out overpowering DBs. Soft hands while receiving, plus great YAC. Plus, only ONE fumble in his college career.
I can see how he was easily a first-rounder and can't believe how anyone complains about the pick without resorting to hindsight ( players the Steelers could've drafted instead because of how they've performed in the NFL so far )
A lot of us are on record wanting Creed in the 1st, and certainly in the second. Happy with Najee but still would have preferred Creed.

A lot of us are on record wanting Creed in the 1st, and certainly in the second. Happy with Najee but still would have preferred Creed.

I don't disagree.
Creed would've solved our center issues early which would have not only helped the team the last few years but also give us more flexibility to fill other needs in subsequent drafts. Oline would have been a much less problematic area of need.

I was responding to posts saying Najee wasn't first round material.

I don't disagree.
Creed would've solved our center issues early which would have not only helped the team the last few years but also give us more flexibility to fill other needs in subsequent drafts. Oline would have been a much less problematic area of need.

I was responding to posts saying Najee wasn't first round material.
100% agree

Tomlin was asked if it was anything physical and he said no. Sigh. What's a season without total drama under the Tomlin regime?

He sat out the entire mini-camp and declined reporters interviews or wasn't made available. He was in sweats.
Just was referencing the mandatory day he missed.

College means nothing
If Pittsburgh got the Alabama production we wouldn't have a 9 page thread like this, and they would have taken the option on him 1000%

Where would he be drafted based off his NFL production?
Honest question
I tend to doubt he would have been drafted had he put up 3.9 at Alabama, if he was it would have been in the late rounds.
No chance in Hell he is a first rounder in a redraft situation today.