• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hate for Najee?

I think Harris is a good runner that has performed well under some **** Offensive Coordinators. He is far removed from Eddie Lacey or Trent Richardson, both of whom were complete and total busts. The hate for him is completely unfounded. We have Zach Frazier so **** Creed Humphrey and KC.

And the 1,000 yard season's really didn't amount to anything meaningful that I could tell. We still were one of the lowest-scoring O's
Yet one could say Harris did his part despite the obstacles placed before him. Tomlin. Canada. Our OL.... etc.

If R. Stevenson of the Patriots got 9M a year, what will Najee get next year?

Yet one could say Harris did his part despite the obstacles placed before him. Tomlin. Canada. Our OL.... etc.
The predictability of our plays has to be at there in the blame game, whoever it is you want to attach to that. It's bad when the entire D knows the play that's coming before the ball is even snapped. Head coach has to be blamed for some of that.

The predictability of our plays has to be at there in the blame game, whoever it is you want to attach to that. It's bad when the entire D knows the play that's coming before the ball is even snapped. Head coach has to be blamed for some of that.
but not Najee. that is the whole point of this thread. hate for Najee?

If R. Stevenson of the Patriots got 9M a year, what will Najee get next year?

If Naje3e blows this season up, he is smart enough to realize the new system fits him. The STEELERS will make what5 they think is market value and then he will test the market.

Might be a little finagling but hope he stays here, provided the deal is good for both parties and he blows up this season.

He has shown what he can do with Shititle OL and more shtitle OC’er, imagine the possibilities with the new line and OC’er.

Salute the nation

No hidden point, the point is the point: Had Najee been drafted after we collectively saw what he did in the pros (with his 3.9 ypc average) he would not have been drafted in the 1st round. Take it for whatever you wish. It is what it is. Najee would not have been taken in the 1st round if we knew then what we know now.
I suppose the Rams regretted drafting Bettis #10 overall as at the same time in their respective careers Bettis had 400 less yards and 14 less TDs than Najee has.

I have no problem with having drafted Najee in the first round. I do have a problem with the offenses and offensive lines he has had. I fear that the Steelers declining his 5th year option will be a regrettable one, much like the Rams decision to trade Bettis.

If Naje3e blows this season up, he is smart enough to realize the new system fits him. The STEELERS will make what5 they think is market value and then he will test the market.

Might be a little finagling but hope he stays here, provided the deal is good for both parties and he blows up this season.

He has shown what he can do with Shititle OL and more shtitle OC’er, imagine the possibilities with the new line and OC’er.

Salute the nation
yeah pretty much my thought. I do think the Steelers took a huge gamble on not signing him to his 5th year.

And the Steelers will have no leverage unlike if they had picked up his option.

That “no leverage” was chosen by the STEELERS, I’m sure they know Najee better than either you or I. There may also be a contract with Najee before the season even starts.

They are willing to take the gamble, so what happens will be be beyond our control.

Remember, they do have other RBs on the team And can pick one up pretty easily as well.

Salute the nation

That “no leverage” was chosen by the STEELERS, I’m sure they know Najee better than either you or I. There may also be a contract with Najee before the season even starts.

They are willing to take the gamble, so what happens will be be beyond our control.

RemeMFer, they do have other RBs on the team And can pick one up pretty easily as well.

Salute the nation
I don’t know why they wouldn’t pick up his option and then try to negotiate an extension this season as the option would give them leverage now as well.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t pick up his option and then try to negotiate an extension this season as the option would give them leverage now as well.

Kahn has something up his sleeve, maybe Najee doesn't fit the new player attitude of the regime ? Anything is possible in America.

The 6+ million may be tagged for something bigger pictured. Remember, next year's QB isn't going to be for free.

Salute the nation

Awesome. Another dumb blunder to start the season and now he'll be a distraction and he could easily play not to get hurt. Khan isn't that great IMO. More of a riverboat gambler.

I'd only lose my composure if I lived in an armpit such as Cleveland. :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if they ever lifted the city-wide curfue imposed because idiots were rioting for a druggee/wife-beater? :unsure:

Last edited:
And the Steelers will have no leverage unlike if they had picked up his option.
Sure they do, it's called the draft and FA. Pgh decided Najee wasn't worth the 5th-year price. I don't disagree.

I think Harris is a good runner that has performed well under some **** Offensive Coordinators. He is far removed from Eddie Lacey or Trent Richardson, both of whom were complete and total busts. The hate for him is completely unfounded. We have Zach Frazier so **** Creed Humphrey and KC.
You putting Najee above Eddie lacey is statistically unfounded. LOL
Lacy was offensive rookie of the year, More rush yards, More touchdowns, More efficient in the run and pass game by a significant margin.

51 career starts
Lacy 857 carries 3614 yds @4.2YPC 23 TD
107 catches for 947 yds @8.9 yards per reception.

Najee 834 Carries 3269yds @ 3.9 YPC 22 TD
144 catches for 866yds @6.0 Yards per reception.

For the record I always thought Lacy was a bust too, his stats were still better than Najee.

You putting Najee above Eddie lacey is statistically unfounded. LOL
Lacy was offensive rookie of the year, More rush yards, More touchdowns, More efficient in the run and pass game by a significant margin.

51 career starts
Lacy 857 carries 3614 yds @4.2YPC 23 TD
107 catches for 947 yds @8.9 yards per reception.

Najee 834 Carries 3269yds @ 3.9 YPC 22 TD
144 catches for 866yds @6.0 Yards per reception.

For the record I always thought Lacy was a bust too, his stats were still better than Najee.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LacyEd00.htm

Lacy had a 4.4 apc in GB, didn't dip to below 4 until his last year in Seattle.