• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Here We Go Again! SWAT called to active shooter inside Boulder, Colorado grocery store.

What would hunting deer look like, without using semi-automatic rifles? More challenging, perhaps?
Advise me of what are the best weapons for hunting deer and other game. Why should it be more challenging?

Btw I've changed my tune on gun control. I was overthinking things, letting the debate about high-powered, military-style weapons, semi-automatic vs. fully automatic, high-capacity magazines etc cloud my views.

It's time to ban all assault rifles, including the AR15. Just ban them across the board. And yes, with that ban would come a grace period & buy-back program. If criminals continue to own them, they'll be easy to identify and arrest, on the spot.

Rifles, shotguns and handguns for hunting and personal safety would continue to be perfectly legal to own, given proper background checks, licensing and no criminal record.

It's time to end the madness, given the use of assault rifles - specifically the AR15 - in mass casualty events over the past decades.

The 2nd amendment starts with 'a well-regulated militia...' Well, it's high time that regulation kicks in, and we return to a period of relative calm. This has to be stricter than the assault weapons ban btwn 1994-2004, closing the many loopholes that was in that legislation. Funny, how life - and personal freedoms - didn't come to a screeching halt back then, a decade in which assault weapons were banned.

Will this end mass shootings by crazed individuals? Sadly, no. But it would limit the casualties and perhaps make these types of events less frequent, thereby saving lives across the board.

And I'd be remiss not to mention Colorado is an open-carry State (& concealed carry w permit). Strange how yet again, the 'good guys with a gun' argument comes up woefully short, as a madman strolls through a Boulder grocery store and mows down ten innocent people (including an armed police officer) with zero resistance from a well-meaning, well-armed public. That's a thing of pure fantasy, that these types of mass shootings can be thwarted by armed citizens. Just doesn't happen or happens so infrequently the argument doesn't hold merit.

Now come at me, with your frothing-at-the-mouth, over-the-top anger and outrage. Or preferably, make a valid claim on why assault weapons should be readily available and in the hands of so many deranged, violent individuals.

Yet another Liberal, who's probably never owned a gun, lecturing the rest on...guns.

Let's do this this way Tibs. Explain to me the differences between an AR15, a Glock 19, and a Walther P22. Why are they different? And why is the AR15 more deadly, given you want to "ban the AR15" but "rifles, shotguns and handguns for hunting and personal safety would continue to be be perfectly legal to own."

I'll reply further when we establish your baseline of understanding of this subject.

I'm pretty sure the "point" you are trying to make is that day to day life wouldn't be any different if we couldn't own ARs.

Nope, wasn't trying to make a point, was just curious to how you saw things, with regards to AR's vs. other types of guns. Thanks for your response.

Yet another Liberal, who's probably never owned a gun, lecturing the rest on...guns.

Let's do this this way Tibs. Explain to me the differences between an AR15, a Glock 19, and a Walther P22. Why are they different? And why is the AR15 more deadly, given you want to "ban the AR15" but "rifles, shotguns and handguns for hunting and personal safety would continue to be be perfectly legal to own."

I'll reply further when we establish your baseline of understanding of this subject.
Can we include potato guns to this conversation. I mean, we all know how deadly flying potatoes can be.

Feel feel to reply or not reply however you wish. Don't let the depth of my understanding of guns be your weather vane. I'm just glad to be having an adult conversation on the matter with Sarge and NC. It's a welcome change of pace here on the board.

Tibs is following the communist playbook and making a false talking point argument. The right to keep and bear arms does not come from the constitution it comes from God the Creator it is a natural right. The second amendment restrains the government from infringing on that right. It is not now nor has it ever been about hunting. It has always been about the citizens having the final check on a tyrannical government. Communists like Tibs make this argument claiming it’s for safety when it is truthfully about subjugation. It starts with semi auto rifle’s because no one needs “military weapons” to hunt. Then it goes to self loading handguns because no person needs that kind of compact firepower. Then it moves to revolvers because “ only criminals need concealable weapons like that“. after that comes shotguns because “ these street sweeper guns only for causing mass death“. And then we will be back to hunting rifles which they will ban under the pretext that these are “high powered sniper rifles”. And then when you are in capable of any meaningful resistance because you’re completely disarmed they will do anything to that they please.

over 600 of those 900 were Suicide...

Are you anti-gun in this thread or anti-AR? you seem to be all over the place with your multiple points.

Just want to see the number of these mass casualty shooting events drop significantly. I have no problem with responsible gun ownership.

Aaaaaand he's a muzzie.

King Soopers Shooting: Ahmad Al-Issa Suspected Of Killing 10​

By Anica PadillaMarch 23, 2021 at 8:55 am
Filed Under:Active Shooter, Ahmad Al-Issa, Boulder News, Boulder Police, Eric Talley, King Soopers, Shooting, South Broadway, Table Mesa

BOULDER, Colo. (CBS4) — The suspect in the mass shooting at a grocery store in Boulder on Monday has been identified as 21-year-old Ahmad Al-Issa from Arvada. Ten people, including one police officer, were killed at the King Soopers store at Table Mesa Drive and South Broadway.
GettyImages-1231879059-1.jpg

(Photo by Chet Strange/Getty Images)
Al-Issa was shot in the leg by a Boulder police officer and was taken into custody. He is in the hospital and officials said his condition is stable.
READ MORE:10 People Dead After Shooting At King Soopers On Table Mesa
Al-Issa has been charged with 10 counts of murder. There is no information about a possible motive at this time.

This is certainly firing up the left on FB, screaming for "common sense regulations" and flushing out all the Republicans from the House and Senate.

I asked what common sense meant and all I got was no open carry.

Since the shooter seems to be an Arab, that automatically makes this an act of terrorism, correct? As opposed to just another white dude having a 'bad day.' Did I get that right?

Feel feel to reply or not reply however you wish. Don't let the depth of my understanding of guns be your weather vane. I'm just glad to be having an adult conversation on the matter with Sarge and NC. It's a welcome change of pace here on the board.
No, Tibs. It absolutely matters. You don't understand what you're discussing and it is core to the conversation.

You want to "ban the AR15" but "rifles, shotguns and handguns for hunting and personal safety would continue to be be perfectly legal to own."

I don't think you get just how what you typed exposes how little you know about these guns. You just said "I think we should ban all hatchbacks, but hatchbacks should be perfectly legal to own."

What makes the AR-15 different than a Glock 19 or a Walther P22?

Appearance. And one has a stock. And caliber. That's really it Tibs.
  • Do you want to ban the AR15 but allow rifles/shotguns/handguns because the AR15 is a semi-auto? Well....all you listed are or can be.
    • Since you probably aren't aware that means each time I pull the trigger, a shot is fired. Just like a US Confederate cavalry revolver.
    • Many hunting rifles are semi-automatic
    • Many newer shotguns offer semi-auto varieties
  • Do you want to ban the AR15 but allow rifles/shotguns/handguns because the AR15 has a deadly caliber?
    • The AR-15 "primarily" shoots a .223 round. For hunting purposes that's a round people would use for small game/varmints. Few hunters would use it for deer, as it's too "small" and you stand to wound the animal, not kill it. I used to hunt with a .243 round (larger) and that was too "light."
    • A .223 bullet is half the mass of a 9mm bullet, but goes almost 3x faster providing more impact velocity. Don't get me wrong, clearly you can kill with an AR15 and a .223 round. But the caliber itself is not big, bad scary. The caliber is on the "small" end of commonly used bullets.
    • Many handguns use larger caliber (more deadly) rounds than an AR15.
    • Rifles are typically larger caliber rounds than an AR15 (which is closer to be a .22 than anything) - .308, 30-06, 7mm-08 etc. All MUCH larger, deadlier bullets
    • Shotguns are just different (and I won't try to explain it to you)
Let's face it. As we like to joke here - you want to ban it because it "looks" scary. If I'm in close quarters, like inside a school, I want handguns not a long gun, but that's me.

So why do I keep asking you about the AR15, the Glock19 and the Walther P22? Save for a stock, they are really all the same. Semi-automatic weapons. Pull the trigger, bullet fires. Different calibers and different caliber speeds. All deadly, some moreso than others in different situations. You want to "ban one" and allow the others? Fine. By so doing, you allow the following to happen Tibs:

iu

This is Cho Seung-Hui, the nation's deadliest school shooter. April 16, 2007, he killed THIRTY TWO people and wounded 17 others at VA Tech University.

He used a Glock 19 and a Walther P22. A 9mm semi-auto pistol and a .22 cal semi-auto pistol. He had pre-loaded magazines containing rounds. He chained the doors, then went room to room, at close range, shooting his victims. The second his semi-auto locked (meaning the magazine was empty) he pushed a button. The magazine fell to the floor and he deftly inserted another...in 2-3 seconds....firing till that magazine was empty...and he repeated the process.

He used two handguns. One of which is the highest sold handgun in the USA, used by like 90% of law enforcement.

You want to ban the AR15 but allow these. Why? Again what makes one more deadly than the other?

Bestow your wisdom upon us as to why the AR15 is the bogeyman and all of these other guns are not?

(Hint: the answer is you've been brainwashed by the media which has told you the AR15 is bad. You don't have the firearms education to know the difference so you're being a good lemming and parroting their talking points)

Last edited:
Yup, does seem like he's linked to Islamic fundamentalism, or at least he seems to be a Muslim religious dude. We'll see what his motivation was, a pre-planned terrorist act, sexual depravity like in Georgia, or something else.

A Facebook page appearing to be that of the suspect features posts with quotes from the Islamic Prophet Muhammad.

Imo, doesn't swing the debate about assault rifles in any direction, one way or the other. Still don't think they should be readily available to the general public.

"...violent white men are the greatest terrorist threat to our country. The facts bear that out."

iu

"...violent white men are the greatest terrorist threat to our country. The facts bear that out."

That is correct. That remains unchanged, given the perpetrators carrying out violent, mass casualty events in America over the past decade or so.

This >

Oh God, the Boulder shooter's name is Ahmad. Fox will be pushing for the U.S. to bomb Iran before lunch.

And they were already defending him over the damn gun. Whiplash action now.

Yup, does seem like he's linked to Islamic fundamentalism, or at least he seems to be a Muslim religious dude. We'll see what his motivation was, a pre-planned terrorist act, sexual depravity like in Georgia, or something else.

Imo, doesn't swing the debate about assault rifles in any direction, one way or the other. Still don't think they should be readily available to the general public.

They are no more readily available to the public as handguns are, and that varies from state to state.

I'm sitting here listening to the news and other talk shows drone on about the AR. It's the focus and they all seem to think that if we ban these supposed evil guns all will be right with the country. No looking beyond to the actual reasons these people (evil) carried out the shooting..........perhaps focusing on the whys, and trying to dig deeper to work on solving the actual issue. Nope, just knee jerk reaction.

That is correct. That remains unchanged, given the perpetrators carrying out violent, mass casualty events in America over the past decade or so.

As NC showed you, given that of all gun deaths, mass casualty shootings account for one quarter of one percent of all gun deaths....

Well you keep banging that drum Tibs.

As Steeltime has so prudently reminded you....if you want to go after a RACE with regards to gun violence...you know gun violence that accounts for than ONE QUARTER OF ONE PERCENT of gun deaths....you may just wanna look at the black race. Just saying.

I don't think we should paint any of this in a race related way. The arguments tend to go too broad brush painting whole swaths of people in a particular way. It makes things go sideways and creates more division. People of any race can carry out evil, and the entire race shouldn't be demonized for a certain segments actions.

Well you keep banging that drum Tibs.

Maybe it's just me... but it does chap my hide a little to think our kids can't go to school, or we can't go grocery shopping or to a country music concert without getting gunned down in cold blood. So maybe mass shooting deaths are a drop in the bucket statistically, but it does effect everyone, across all races, communities and generations.

So yeah, I get it that overall gun stats show high death rates in urban areas, with blacks committing most of the shooting. That's probably why I don't go cruising around in crack-dealing neighborhoods in downtown LA or Chicago at 2 am.

Maybe it's just me... but it does chap my hide a little to think our kids can't go to school, or we can't go grocery shopping or to a country music concert without getting gunned down in cold blood. So maybe mass shooting deaths are a drop in the bucket statistically, but it does effect everyone, across all races, communities and generations.

So yeah, I get it that overall gun stats show high death rates in urban areas, with blacks committing most of the shooting. That's probably why I don't go cruising around in crack-dealing neighborhoods in downtown LA or Chicago at 2 am.

That's pretty damned racist. And you don't go cruising in crack-dealing neighborhoods in LA because you live behind a wall in Hungary.

That's pretty damned racist. And you don't go cruising in crack-dealing neighborhoods in LA because you live behind a wall in Hungary.

No I go driving around LA whenever I can, but tend to avoid South Central, Inglewood and that area. I can't say I spend too much time in downtown Chicago, so the gun violence there doesn't affect me personally.

And you're the one, along with Steeltime, who constantly points out black crime and violence 24/7. Rather odd you'd refer to me as a racist.

And psssss, fyi there is no wall on any part of the border in Hungary. There is a chain link fence along a section of the southern border with Romania. With skyrocketing Covid cases and the highest death rate on the planet right now, it's the rest of Europe that wants to keep Hungarians out of their countries, not the other way around.

Last edited: