• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Here We Go Again! SWAT called to active shooter inside Boulder, Colorado grocery store.

aint a Constitution in Japan, champ.

You don't get out much, do you Champ? :ROFLMAO:

The Constitution of Japan (Shinjitai: 日本国憲法, Kyūjitai: 日本國憲󠄁法, Hepburn: Nihon-koku kenpō) is the constitution of Japan and the supreme law in the state.

1616519346741.png

you forgot:
-Blame angry, deranged, white, Conservative male with assault gun.

Kudos! You're right, I forgot the main one that best describes my knee-jerk reaction to these events. I'll admit to that, though there's been a pretty decent run of angry, ******-up white dudes going on shooting sprees around the country. After seeing Booted post this thread, and the first couple of visuals on the guy, I wrongly presumed this to be the case. My bad.

You don't get out much, do you Champ? :ROFLMAO:

The Constitution of Japan (Shinjitai: 日本国憲法, Kyūjitai: 日本國憲󠄁法, Hepburn: Nihon-koku kenpō) is the constitution of Japan and the supreme law in the state.

View attachment 4869
my bad. i dont actively try to compare MY country with that of others. though, if you want us to be more like Japan, can we also start by BANNING Islam? Why or why not? You do realize the shooter for the latest shooting was Muslim, correct? Can you name the last Muslim shooter in Japan?

my bad. i dont actively try to compare MY country with that of others. though, if you want us to be more like Japan, can we also start by BANNING Islam? Why or why not? You do realize the shooter for the latest shooting was Muslim, correct? Can you name the last Muslim shooter in Japan?

Dude, with their stringent gun laws, Japan has next to no gun violence. I couldn't name the last Japanese shooter in Japan.

Dude, with their stringent gun laws, Japan has next to no gun violence. I couldn't name the last Japanese shooter in Japan.
can you name the last Muslim in Japan? is it JoJo?

imagine being so “Woke” you are angry that a mass murderer isn’t white.

Who's angry about that? I'm angry about the shooting itself and the senseless loss of life, the mind-numbing violence that seems to be on an endless loop in the States.

You guys are jumping at your own shadows, just freaking out 24/7.

Would welcome any sort of sentiment in this thread that mass shootings like this are unacceptable, regardless of who the perpetrators are, or what type of weapons were used.

Outside of Sarge, haven't seen one inkling of a comment that this is not normal. That this is no way to go through life, living in constant fear, armed to the teeth, hoping for the best, praying it doesn't happen to you or your family.

Whatever happened to the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

1616521351191.png

Murder is a mortal sin...and murderers will have to meet their maker someday.

God Bless America.

Would welcome any sort of sentiment in this thread that mass shootings like this are unacceptable, regardless of who the perpetrators are, or what type of weapons were used.

View attachment 4870
FFS... So your dumb commie *** assumes that everyone thinks it's acceptable unless they say otherwise? How ****** up are you? NO ONE has said it's acceptable, you prick.

Outside of Sarge, haven't seen one inkling of a comment that this is not normal. That this is no way to go through life, living in constant fear, armed to the teeth, hoping for the best, praying it doesn't happen to you or your family.

Whatever happened to the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

View attachment 4870
You are a confused individual in my estimation.

Tibs, we have to keep expressing that this is not normal to appease you? Any rational person knows this without have to say it. One life loss is too much. No one is cheering for these shootings. No one is excusing it. I don't know what else to express other than sorrow that everyone else has.

You are a confused individual in my estimation.

I guess I should take that as a compliment, on this board.

If it makes me a confused individual that my first instinct after a bloody mass shooting spree is not to engage in whataboutism, or downplay the threat of mass murderers or jump on a soapbox to defend 2A rights and semi-automatic weapons, then yeah, I guess I'm confused as hell.

I'm waiting for J'Biden to ALSO ask the senate to immediately begin drafting laws censuring muslim-americans.

Tibs, there are already background checks. To get my CCW, I went through a background check, mental health screening etc.

In NC you have to go through a firearms course, show that you can handle and fire your gun properly, extensive background check, fingerprinting and have absolutely no criminal record that involves DV, Assault or any other violent crimes.

Just wanted to follow up on this, thought you'd find it interesting. What may work well in NC seems to have failed in CO.

Authorities said shooting suspect Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa bought the AR-15 rifle used in the Boulder killings just six days earlier, reported the Associated Press.
His brother described the alleged gunman as "deeply disturbed," paranoid and likely mentally ill.
The city of Boulder banned assault weapons in 2018 to prevent mass shootings, but it was blocked in court 10 days before the King Soopers massacre.

Police said the suspect carried a rifle that resembled an AR-15 and a semiautomatic handgun and was wearing a tactical vest.

Seems to me, this guy bought his weapons completely skipping the steps you guys outlined, ie the extensive background checks, mental health screening, firearms course, fingerprinting, etc.

So maybe we can agree there needs to be, at the minimum, a tightening of current gun purchase regulations? Seeing the wild discreptency between States, would you agree this may be best handled on a federal level?

Reactions on the board to yet another deadly shooting spree with mass casualties:
- focus on the circumstances of the crime, show sympathy for the victims

Which you clearly did NOT do.

- have a reasoned, adult conversation about pros and cons of strengthening gun legislation

Which once again, you did NOT do and instead longingly prayed for the murderer to be a white guy, since according to you:

Mock me all you want, but do so at your own peril. At the end of the day, as tough as it is to stomach, violent white men are the greatest terrorist threat to our country.

- wildly attack liberals & the media and amplify conspiracy theories

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody here has spewed a conspiracy theory except you, i.e., that "violent white men are the greatest terrorist threat to our country." No, the greatest terrorist threats are all people who are so debilitated with hate and a complete lack of moral compass that they believe killing is acceptable.

Those include white males. And white females. And Asians, and Middle Easterners, and ****-ton of blacks.

I guess we could hire a medium and ask murder victims if it mattered to them the race of the killer. I am going to guess no, it does not matter. At all.

But it seems to matter to vile, contemptible race baiters. If the shoe and color chart fit, Tibs ...

- angrily lash out at an American Steelers fan living abroad, for his views concerning the above.

Angrily lash out? How, by posting facts with actual data and links? You were the only contemptible racist who saw fit very early on to engage in the "white people are murderers" mantra, without waiting for the facts.

Your Trump fantasies are done, so you seem to be looking for the next stupid narrative to bleat and have landed on, "White males are dangerous murderers." Note that at no time have TSF, Supe or I harped on the race of the shooter or the victims.

Only you.

******* Colorado should outlaw murder. And AR-15's. And knives. And handguns. And trucks. And chainsaws. And crowbars.

Then these crazy murderers would finally be stopped.

Hold up. I re-read parts of the Bible. Colorado should also ban the iron part of ploughing instruments and jawbones of jackasses.

Just wanted to follow up on this, thought you'd find it interesting. What may work well in NC seems to have failed in CO.

Seems to me, this guy bought his weapons completely skipping the steps you guys outlined, ie the extensive background checks, mental health screening, firearms course, fingerprinting, etc.

So maybe we can agree there needs to be, at the minimum, a tightening of current gun purchase regulations? Seeing the wild discreptency between States, would you agree this may be best handled on a federal level?

They do a mental health check/background check in every county of the state. That was enacted in 2016 as part of the process in NC. I got my CCP in 2015, but the statute effects renewals as they do the background check again at renewal time. I just renewed mine in Feb. 2020 for another 5 years. I'm not really sure on how extensive the mental health check is and what they are looking for exactly.

I think there needs to be care with that as well. What would the federal govt. deem a "mental health" issue to keep someone from buying a gun. They already show that they don't really care about people's mental health anyway so why would I trust them to make that determination.

EDIT!!!! Link to the new guidelines for NC on mental health and other factors for the Sheriff's office to deny a CCP application or permit.
https://ncsheriffs.org/wp-content/uploads/Most-Common-Firearms-Law-Questions-January-2016.pdf

Last edited:
Typical Tibtard response, cherry pick what suits his bullshit narrative and ignore everything else. He continues to run his pie hole about weapons when he has little to no knowledge about them besides what he hears on CNN. AR-15 bad, Hunting weapons are ok...never mind that I have several hunting rifles that are far more lethal and dangerous than my AR-15 or AR-10. I am sure he heard from the left how those big bad AR-15's can shoot .50 Cal. rounds now.

He then points to Japan as his great solution...never mind that a big reason that crime as a whole in Japan is infinitely lower is that in Japan, there is a strong cultural affinity for passivity and non-violence. Anger and aggression are considered shameful in Japanese society, which puts a premium on personal honor and intricate social protocols. Stands to reason why they would have less gun violence regardless of the laws in place.

Finally, he always points to the laws he thinks will create his utopian society while ignoring all of the current and existing laws that get violated on a daily basis that allows these crimes to continue. People don't obey laws unless we pass a new one, then it's on like Donkey Kong. It must be blissful to live with that level of naivety and ignorance day in and day out.

If the proper steps were ignored by the gun shop, then that's a problem. That's on them and they should be held accountable for not doing their job that may have prevented this. Thousands of guns are sold everyday and many, many people own guns, but don't go on shooting sprees. Can they stop everyone that snaps or loses it? There's no way to do that. It's impossible to do. One person could be fine today and lose their mind next week and shoot up a WalMart. I wish there was a full-proof plan to minimize mass shootings, as I wish deadly drunk driving cases would be minimized, too.
Taking guns away will not solve the problem because they are out there. Will we advocate taking hard liquor away and just sell beer? On the surface, it's not the liquor killing people, so how do we stop or minimize those deaths? Any plan would be welcomed.

Last edited: