• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

House Judiciary Committee

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
What a disgrace. Cohen. Now Dean. Can we sink any lower?

A pathetic spectacle.

For the good news on the House Judiciary Committee, Jerry Nadler has offered to give workout advice to his co-legislators. Here he is seen demonstrating an exercise known as the Mike.

D6LL-RvV4AApEhJ.jpg

- Grab microphone, hold up to face to a count of 30. Relax, then repeat.

WARNING: DO NOT PERFORM WITH ICE CREAM CONE. HEADACHE FREEZE AND WEIGHT GAIN MAY RESULT.

For the good news on the House Judiciary Committee, Jerry Nadler has offered to give workout advice to his co-legislators. Here he is seen demonstrating an exercise known as the Mike.

D6LL-RvV4AApEhJ.jpg

- Grab microphone, hold up to face to a count of 30. Relax, then repeat.

WARNING: DO NOT PERFORM WITH ICE CREAM CONE. HEADACHE FREEZE AND WEIGHT GAIN MAY RESULT.

For the love of God....Jabba the Hutts younger brother.

I watched the whole thing yesterday. Really struck me how incompetent the GOP Congressmen are. I mean Gaetz, Collins, Gohmert and Ratcliffe went out of their way to prove their idiocy. Not asking any relevant questions, getting embarrassed by Dean (to loud laughter in the chamber), doing all they could to lie & deceive in order to protect dear leader Trump. It is clear none of them read the Mueller report, nor had any intention of doing so. No idea how anyone voted for these utter fools. The entire GOP is an embarrassment right now. Sad to see. Lincoln & Reagan must be turning in their graves.

Why do Liberals automatically feel a kinship with and the need to protect disgraced deep state criminals? I'm genuinely curious. Any time you see someone who tried to scam the country and got caught and disgraced you will find a pack of Liberals singing his praises and defending him. Strange.

Well, in this day and age, it's anyone who bashes Trump. Look at Justin Amash. Hero to the left right now. McCain. Avenatti. Stormy Daniels. The list goes on. I mean, if you have something negative to say about Trump, CNN will put you on the air.

Well, in this day and age, it's anyone who bashes Trump. Look at Justin Amash. Hero to the left right now. McCain. Avenatti. Stormy Daniels. The list goes on. I mean, if you have something negative to say about Trump, CNN will put you on the air.

Hell, Avenatti was being lauded as savior of the republic. Michael ******* Avenatti.

TDS. It's real.

Yeah about that ...

th

Why do Liberals automatically feel a kinship with and the need to protect disgraced deep state criminals? I'm genuinely curious. Any time you see someone who tried to scam the country and got caught and disgraced you will find a pack of Liberals singing his praises and defending him. Strange.

Because they absolutely CANNOT govern and win in the arena of ideas. They rely on a dependent class to vote for them. Think of one law or proposal put forth by today’s dims. I know it’s hard but reach deep. Now, think of how that proposal has universal appeal to all Americans. I know, no such idea exists. Rhetorical.

They’ve broken America into classes that point fingers at one another. Rich, poor, black, white, if you’re confused about which bathroom, they feel your pain. If you’d like the opportunity to decide your own best interests, you’re racist.

It really is disgusting. And both sides of every issue suffer from their unquenchable thirst to control outcomes. Absolutely disgusting. America doesn’t need a civil war, it needs a march on DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I was thinking Whimpy from Popeye.

The cartoon Popeye, not the ****** fried chicken joint.

Popeye's chicken is ok I guess, but I LOVE the Cajun mashed potatoes.

Because they absolutely CANNOT govern and win in the arena of ideas. They rely on a dependent class to vote for them. Think of one law or proposal put forth by today’s dims. I know it’s hard but reach deep. Now, think of how that proposal has universal appeal to all Americans. I know, no such idea exists. Rhetorical.

They’ve broken America into classes that point fingers at one another. Rich, poor, black, white, if you’re confused about which bathroom, they feel your pain. If you’d like the opportunity to decide your own best interests, you’re racist.

It really is disgusting. And both sides of every issue suffer from their unquenchable thirst to control outcomes. Absolutely disgusting. America doesn’t need a civil war, it needs a march on DC.

ZrsfWhH.jpg

both sides of every issue suffer from their unquenchable thirst to control outcomes.

Yep..even the big busines's and entertainers.

UDNUCy0.jpg

I do think the Democrats win on the idea of universal health care (at least with a majority of voters).

Now, understand, I have no idea how that would work. It could bankrupt our country. It could lead to worse care. But I do think there is such a high level of frustration at how the system works now that many middle-democrats (and even middle conservatives), might view that as a policy democrats stand for that they could support.

I think similar to how some people voted for Trump to blow up the bureaucracy of Washington, there is a voting block out there that wants to blow up our health care system. I mean just gut the whole ******* thing. If that means Medicade for all, if that means government imposed destruction of insurance companies and big pharma, so be it. I think there is that level of frustration in our health care system brewing under the service of America and could be tapped into with the right candidate. Note, I don't think that is Bernie or Pocahontas. But I do think, down the line, there will be a candidate (maybe an outsider) that has a basic knowledge of that industry voters will trust, who platforms on taking it all down.

Personally, I do think we have to transition to some form of government paid (that could mean States, not federal) healthcare for all. Maybe just covering the expensive stuff. Maybe just starting earlier than age 65. Maybe there's a transition that slowly moves healthcare from private sector to public sector that could work.

I am very concerned that the cost of healthcare is the #1 barrier to start-up companies in this country. The dependence smart people have to their employers to provide the health care for their families restricts many people from saying "I want to start my own business because I have a great idea". I worry about that as the cost of health care continues to rise faster than inflation or income. In a free market economy, you WANT the ability of people to follow their ideas of being an entrepreneur. I worry the barrier of private healthcare is restricting that in our country.

That's my only concern. On almost every other debate point, I favor private health care. But I just can't get over that point in my head how much better it would be if someone with a young family saved up some pennies or got investment from his friends on an business idea didn't have to worry about health insurance for his family if he took a year off from work to start up a business and follow his dream. In today's health care world, I just don't see how anyone can do that in their 30's or early 40's.

I think we have to face a possibility that our country (without universal health care) vs. the rest of the world (with universal health care) is losing out of possible innovation and business start ups. As an ardent capitalist and believer in the "American Dream", I think its worth a conversation.

I think we have to face a possibility that our country (without universal health care) vs. the rest of the world (with universal health care) is losing out of possible innovation and business start ups. As an ardent capitalist and believer in the "American Dream", I think its worth a conversation.

The United States, with its profit motive in health care, develops a huge percentage of new drugs and medical devices, as evidenced by medical research publications where such innovations are published.

Of almost 3,000 articles published in biomedical research in 2009, 1,169, or 40%, came from the United States. As the line graph below demonstrates (that’s the number of publications on the Y axis, and the year of publication on the X axis), the output of every other single country in the world is dwarfed by what America produces. The closest contender is Great Britain, which comes in at about 300 articles.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthe...untries-in-biology-and-medicine/#7c7494531a71

Top 5 Most Advanced Countries in Medicine

1) United States

Leading the world in medical innovation is the United States. Many American citizens are not happy with the healthcare system. However the US is right on top of the list due to the sheer number of research papers published every year in addition to the brightest, best practicing medicine and state-of-art medical facilities. It is more than the next five nations on the list combined. Many of the world’s medical technologies and innovations were discovered, developed and produced here in the US. American medical scientists are also respected worldwide for their knowledge and willingness to collaborate with experts from other nations.

https://www.pakistantribe.com/45566/top-5-most-advanced-countries-in-medicine

Last edited:
My faith in "research papers" has waned considerably over the years. I think universities are more concerned with how many "published" papers they have on their resumes rather than giving an education.

And almost every pharma and health care company is no longer "just American". They are huge global entities. Glaxo-Smith Kline is in Belgium. F. Hoffman is in Switzerland. Bayer is in Germany. Sanofi is in France. Many others are here but also in Europe with plants and experimental drugs happening all over the world.

Not sure you're going to convince me that changing the U.S. health care market from private to government run is going to change the output on R&D considering most of the world is already government run health care. It's not like private Pharma and Health Care companies don't make money in Europe or China. Of course they do.

Not sure you're going to convince me that changing the U.S. health care market from private to government run is going to change the output on R&D considering most of the world is already government run health care. It's not like private Pharma and Health Care companies don't make money in Europe or China. Of course they do.

Government run healthcare is non-profit. Those programs have literally no incentive to spend the massive time and money needed for medical innovation.

China does not invent medical technology and new drugs; they just steal it from the United States and then put the finishing touches on new technology to take to market and steal what the United States actually invented, including in medical technology and drugs.

While the United States is still at the top in total investment in research and development — spending $500 billion in 2015 — a new Boston Consulting Group (BCG) study released Monday has made a startling finding: A couple of years ago, China quietly surpassed the U.S. in spending on the latter stage of R&D that turns discoveries into commercial products. And at its current rate of spending, China will invest up to twice as much as the U.S., or $658 billion, by 2018 on this critical late-stage research.

In other words, the U.S. Is doing the hard work of inventing new technologies, and China, among other countries, is reaping the benefits by taking [stealing] those ideas and turning them into commercial products,the report says. “Other countries are free-riding on the U.S. investment," says Justin Rose, who co-authored the BCG study.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/04/17/why-china-beating-us-innovation/100016138/

A Texas cancer treatment center routinely ranked among America's best ousted three of five scientists suspected by federal authorities of working with China to steal research.

The three, in internal documents the MD Anderson Cancer Center provided to the Houston Chronicle, were identified as ethnically Chinese. Two of them resigned ahead of termination proceedings and the third is now challenging the dismissal. Officials determined termination was not warranted for one and the last is still under investigation.

The documents, according to the New York Times, allege the National Institutes of Health complained to the facility last year about one of the scientists sending a grant application to a counterpart in China, while it is suspected others held undisclosed positions at medical institutions in Beijing.

“A small but significant number of individuals are working with government sponsorship to exfiltrate intellectual property that has been created with the support of U.S. taxpayers, private donors and industry collaborators,” the center’s president, Dr. Peter Pisters, told the newspaper after news of the ousters emerged.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cancer-scientists-accused-of-stealing-research-for-china