• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How did your income tax filing go?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the floor is yours, Ark

Can cover kid on my insurance until he is 26. Even if he is married and has his own kids.

What I cannot do is get the child tax credit for him because he is all of 17 in 2015. Lived in my house, ate my food (A LOT OF IT), can't vote, can sign contracts, etc. But not child tax credit eligible.

At least someone didn't file a return under your ssn before you did. A lot of that going on these days.

My solution for Ark is for him to knock up Miz Ark and spawn another. It's the only logical, mathematical solution.

Can cover kid on my insurance until he is 26. Even if he is married and has his own kids.

What I cannot do is get the child tax credit for him because he is all of 17 in 2015. Lived in my house, ate my food (A LOT OF IT), can't vote, can sign contracts, etc. But not child tax credit eligible.

1%er!!!!!!!

Yep. We lost that too this year. We got 165 back total. Yep. 165. Thanks for nothing.

Due to my husband's severance check we spent enough on taxes to fund at least 2-4 years of college for someone else.

This will be our first full self-employed year, and yeah we're gonna get creative as hell.

Got 115 bucks back total. That angers me... The government had 115 dollars of mine interest free. Income taxes are a joke and ought to be abolished... Just put sales taxes in place and get rid of them... Its proven that would raise more money and be less of a burden... Income tax should only be for persons and companies trying to take money out of the country...or for non citizens wirking here... Not for citizens spending it in the country

I done alright

giphy.gif

I just looked at how much less I would have paid under Trump's plan. Holy **** that's depressing. I don't have the stomach right now to look at how much my company would've saved. Obama, that ************.

Got 115 bucks back total. That angers me... The government had 115 dollars of mine interest free. Income taxes are a joke and ought to be abolished... Just put sales taxes in place and get rid of them... Its proven that would raise more money and be less of a burden... Income tax should only be for persons and companies trying to take money out of the country...or for non citizens wirking here... Not for citizens spending it in the country

I think, if I hadn't gotten ****** on my Child Tax credit, I would have come out even or very close to it, which is what I planned. I'd be happy with a small refund. $115 ain't much to wait for and will be a nice check to buy ammo with.

In any event, I should have realized that age 17 was the loss of the Child Tax credit rather than 18. I used common sense rather than tax logic and didn't think it through (although the liberals did **** me out of the full credit for the other kid anyway).

Dunno yet. I have my accountant file an extension every year. It's cool being 55 years old and getting the college student deduction though.

I think, if I hadn't gotten ****** on my Child Tax credit, I would have come out even or very close to it, which is what I planned. I'd be happy with a small refund. $115 ain't much to wait for and will be a nice check to buy ammo with.

In any event, I should have realized that age 17 was the loss of the Child Tax credit rather than 18. I used common sense rather than tax logic and didn't think it through (although the liberals did **** me out of the full credit for the other kid anyway).

I thought you lost that credit when they graduated college. Either way, that was the majority of our refund that we were counting on. Oh well.

I thought you lost that credit when they graduated college. Either way, that was the majority of our refund that we were counting on. Oh well.

Turbo tax told me "No"

I pissed around and didn't prepare, so had to take the quick route. I figured I could research a couple of issues and amend if I need to do so.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about claiming as a dependent as I can still do that. It is the Child Tax Credit ($1,000?) that goes away.

Don't ask me, ask my accountant. I am a corporation, so I have four returns to file every year - state corporate tax, personal state tax, federal corporate tax, personal federal tax.

Generally, I wind up paying a fuckload of money on all four, particularly the state of Gougifornia.

Oh, and I also get to pay $15,000 per year in social security. God, I hope Bernie or Hillary does away with that nasty income limit so that I CAN ******* PAY EVEN ******* MORE FOR ******* SOCIAL ******* SECURITY THAT I AM NEVER GOING TO ******* SEE.

Don't ask me, ask my accountant. I am a corporation, so I have four returns to file every year - state corporate tax, personal state tax, federal corporate tax, personal federal tax.

Generally, I wind up paying a fuckload of money on all four, particularly the state of Gougifornia.

Oh, and I also get to pay $15,000 per year in social security. God, I hope Bernie or Hillary does away with that nasty income limit so that I CAN ******* PAY EVEN ******* MORE FOR ******* SOCIAL ******* SECURITY THAT I AM NEVER GOING TO ******* SEE.

Not being a jackass but to be honest...you're paying $7500 in Social Security and your company is paying the other half like everyone else who works for a business. It's just that you are being paid by your own company. The personal cap this year is around $7,500.00 I believe.

well I live in glorious Maryland so I get to pay 43% of every months bonus. then I file quarterly tax with both fed and state. so you would figure I get back or break even right?

I owed the fed $7234 and the state $2145.

I write off everything I can possibly write off. I can t complain to much I make good money, but seriously over 81k given to the fed through out the year... and then to turn around and write another check for $7234. Ouch.