• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I knew it was a commin'

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1745-9133.12269/abstract

Study done by U of N. Carolina and Louisville U.

A Bird's Eye View of Civilians Killed by Police in 2015

Further Evidence of Implicit Bias

After first providing a basic descriptive analysis of these shootings, we then examined the data for evidence of implicit bias by using multivariate regression models that predict two indicators of threat perception failure: (1) whether the civilian was not attacking the officer(s) or other civilians just before being fatally shot and (2) whether the civilian was unarmed when fatally shot. The results indicated civilians from “other” minority groups were significantly more likely than Whites to have not been attacking the officer(s) or other civilians and that Black civilians were more than twice as likely as White civilians to have been unarmed.

Of course as some of us know it's a common trait of racists to try and deny at every turn that racism exists.

After first providing a basic descriptive analysis of these shootings, we then examined the data for evidence of implicit bias by using multivariate regression models that predict two indicators of threat perception failure: (1) whether the civilian was not attacking the officer(s) or other civilians just before being fatally shot and (2) whether the civilian was unarmed when fatally shot. The results indicated civilians from “other” minority groups were significantly more likely than Whites to have not been attacking the officer(s) or other civilians and that Black civilians were more than twice as likely as White civilians to have been unarmed.

Of course as some of us know it's a common trait of racists to try and deny at every turn that racism exists.

I think when you account for % of population unarmed blacks are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police than whites.

I'd have to look it up and today is church so if you press I will later.

It wasn't a mistake, if you even LOOK like a conservative you must die, all whiteys must die

Remember, only you can stop whiteness.

Funny how the alt left teaches tolerance and not to judge. But any innocent white man is all of a sudden a racist/sexist/insert phobia.
I feel for the whites man. They are being targeted for the smallest stuff

Yeah, about that. As I posted back in September of 2016 (and not a thing has changed):

• In 2015, 50% of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, 26% were black (despite the very high rate of violence in this community which would lead one to believe more African Americans would be victims)
  • More whites and Hispanics die from police ‘homicide’ than blacks
  • Black and Hispanic officers are more likely to fire a gun at a black person than a white police officer is
  • A police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than a black man is likely to die by being shot by a police officer

Now consider the following: Per the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 per cent of the offenders were white. In many urban jurisdictions, 70% of violent crimes are committed by blacks. This means that police officers far more often encounter black violent offenders than they do white or Hispanic violent offenders. YET 50% of police shooting victims are white, despite police dealing with many more black violent offenders. And more Hispanics die from police homicide, than do blacks, despite blacks committing more violent crimes.

Translation: Based on the above, the police show much MORE restraint with violent black offenders than they do with whites and Hispanics. There's no other way to slice it. The police encounter many more violent blacks than they do Hispanics and whites, but they shoot more whites and Hispanics. They shoot more whites and Hispanics at a higher % rate than they do blacks that they encounter more often.

Whites and Hispanics should be up in arms, because by percentage, they are more likely to die at the hands of a police officer than a black man is.

Then this from the CDC:

In 2012, according to the CDC, 140 blacks were killed by police. That same year 386 whites were killed by police. Over the 13-year period from 1999 to 2011, the CDC reports that 2,151 whites were killed by cops — and 1,130 blacks were killed by cops.

By 2011, law enforcement shootings caused 2.74 deaths for every million blacks, and 1.28 deaths for every million whites. While the death-by-cop rate for whites has held pretty steady over these last 45 years, hovering just above or below the one-in-a-million level, the rate for blacks has fallen. In 1981, black deaths by cop stood at four in a million, but since 2000 has remained just above or below two in a million.

Wait, what? Since 1981, the rate of black death by cop has dropped from 4 per million to 2 per million? You don't say. Yet violent crimes by blacks remains infinitely higher than other populations?

The media and Crappernick have you all bamboozled.

It wasn't a mistake, if you even LOOK like a conservative you must die, all whiteys must die

Remember, only you can stop whiteness.

It's not the conservatives we despise. it's the CONservatives that must go.

There are many fine conservative people in the country, none that I can think of on this board though. And there are some here who throw me off because it seems like they lean more libertarian....till the ugly side rears its head.

Brilliant.

DHdxBpvXkAA7las.jpg
[h=1][/h]

Find one post I directed something nasty at you.

I apologize and I'll take your word for it, like I said just messing around. I can't remember every single post and person who hurls insults at me, so carpet bombing mode kicks in sometimes.

Brilliant.

DHdxBpvXkAA7las.jpg
[h=1][/h]

It is brilliant Tibs but, if you think about it Trump would just double down if Dr. King were alive today to try and talk some sense into him.

Trump is as dumb as a box of rocks, sorry rocks.....

I'd have to look it up and today is church so if you press I will later.

Church? I thought you just recently claimed you were Jewish?

It's a joke.

Nope. Just another Elftard claim of being something you're not. We are used to it, believe me.

Next week you'll be an ADHD-suffering Mormon Samoan that immigrated to this country on a raft battling shark infested waters, rescued by a BLM-inspired rescue boat in the Pacific who identified with your ancestors from Somalia that actually witnessed Black Hawk down happen live.

Nope. Just another Elftard claim of being something you're not. We are used to it, believe me.

Next week you'll be an ADHD-suffering Mormon Samoan that immigrated to this country on a raft battling shark infested waters, rescued by a BLM-inspired rescue boat in the Pacific who identified with your ancestors from Somalia that actually witnessed Black Hawk down happen live.

This has me howling.

Let's start bagging on Icelanders and watch him claim to be of Icelandic decent. You know he won't be able to resist.

Wait, throughout this whole ******* thread, we've been told that AntiFA didn't start anything in Charlottesville. They aren't instigators, NAZIS and RACISTS and White Supremacists are.

You mean once again AntiFA took it upon themselves to show up to a public gathering (it doesn't seem to matter what the event is about) and went after the police??? Nooooooooooooooooo. Nooooooooooooo. I refuse to believe this.

And they fill bottles with their pee and throw it at their opponents?

All [sarc] aside, I can't think of a more despicable group of humans in the country right the moment.
  • Zero tolerance.
  • Hatred for a group of people simply based upon political preference.
  • They want to destroy free speech.
  • They use violence.
  • They use intimidation against elected public officials.
  • They destruct public property.
  • They cost taxpayers untold amounts of money.
  • And they throw their bodily waste on other human beings.
I gotta tell you, their actions are beginning to make me want to see them face some brutal retaliation and I don't care from what group - College Republicans or some Pro Life group.

And this is how it goes. Violence begets violence. It escalates. People start to punch back.

It's just going to get worse.

The White House will review a petition to name AntiFa as a terrorist group.

The White House petition, posted by someone going only by the initials, “M.A.,” called for Antifa to be “formally” recognized as a terror group.

It states: “Terrorism is defined as ‘the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims’. This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. AntiFa has earned this title due to its violent actions in multiple cities and their influence in the killings of multiple police officers throughout the United States. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions – and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare AntiFa a terror group – on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.”

More neo-fascist hypocrites on the march

Columbus statue in Baltimore vandalized

Baltimore’s 225-year-old monument to Christopher Columbus, said to be the oldest in the country and the world dedicated to the explorer that is still standing, has been severely vandalized.

columbus-monument-1-1280x720.jpg

https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2017/08/21/columbus-statue-in-baltimore-vandalized/

------------------

DHr3xvQVYAAuPEX.jpg:large

gonna kill me some white statues