• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Illegal immigrant charged with Mollie Tibbetts' murder

Understandable, but how do you stop the murders of those carried out by Americans? Politicize it all you want, but using it as a talking point isn't helping. That's my point..selective outrage, something I'm personally getting tired of hearing simply because I'm on the left.

What? Preventing this illegal immigrant murder doesn't stop those other murders or drunk driving deaths because they are isolated and you know it.

Your argument is "don't worry about this murder" because "there are other murders."

To use a Leftist mantra - "If it saves just one life." To Sarge's point, IF we had enforced our immigration laws, Mollie Tibbetts would be alive.

IF we clean up the murders in Chicago overnight, someone will be murdered in Baltimore next week. Everyone would jump at the opportunity to clean up Chicago overnight if we could even though we know more murders would continue elsewhere. To not do so is absurd.

Likewise any opportunity to build a wall and enforce our nation's laws that may prevent these senseless crimes should be taken as well, despite knowing people will die by other means at other times.

Sadly this story continues to play over and over again with ILLEGAL immigrants killing our own. And to Sarge's point before, when an American kills an American, at least said American criminal has lived here and paid taxes here. At least the tremendous costs involved with prosecuting, jailing, and/or executing him/her are in part supported by his/her contributions to our tax system. In the case of the illegal immigrant we get to add salt to the wound that this person has already likely lived off of tax payer benefits, then KILLS one of our citizens and we then have to pay to costs of prosecuting him.

At every level, it is wrong and reprehensible considering the person shouldn't have been here in the first place.

We welcome immigrants. Any and all. Come through the front door, pay your taxes.

What? Preventing this illegal immigrant murder doesn't stop those other murders or drunk driving deaths because they are isolated and you know it.

Your argument is "don't worry about this murder" because "there are other murders."

To use a Leftist mantra - "If it saves just one life." To Sarge's point, IF we had enforced our immigration laws, Mollie Tibbetts would be alive.

IF we clean up the murders in Chicago overnight, someone will be murdered in Baltimore next week. Everyone would jump at the opportunity to clean up Chicago overnight if we could even though we know more murders would continue elsewhere. To not do so is absurd.

Likewise any opportunity to build a wall and enforce our nation's laws that may prevent these senseless crimes should be taken as well, despite knowing people will die by other means at other times.

Sadly this story continues to play over and over again with ILLEGAL immigrants killing our own. And to Sarge's point before, when an American kills an American, at least said American criminal has lived here and paid taxes here. At least the tremendous costs involved with prosecuting, jailing, and/or executing him/her are in part supported by his/her contributions to our tax system. In the case of the illegal immigrant we get to add salt to the wound that this person has already likely lived off of tax payer benefits, then KILLS one of our citizens and we then have to pay to costs of prosecuting him.

At every level, it is wrong and reprehensible considering the person shouldn't have been here in the first place.

We welcome immigrants. Any and all. Come through the front door, pay your taxes.

I can't get past that comment, sorry.

This breaks my heart. Mollie was the same age as my daughter is now...and that hit me hard. I don't know what it's going to take for the left to wake the **** up and stop coddling illegals. As soon as I heard that Mollie was killed by an illegal, I wondered how long it would take for the left to speak out and say something. (I;m still waiting).

I assume this outrage is the same when a US citizen kills another US citizen, in which case we should post about those murders too since they happen everyday and because a murder is a murder and all are unforgivable.

So the fact that we already have murderers here means we should be a-ok with letting more in? That's some logic...

So the fact that we already have murderers here means we should be a-ok with letting more in? That's some logic...

Not saying that at all. Saying there should be the same outrage by murders committed by Americans. This was explained in other posts. Reading helps.

To add, it would be nice not to have words twisted on this board every once in a while.

Bingo!

Furthermore, an illegal means. . . I.L.L.E.G.A.L!

il·le·gal
i(l)ˈlēɡəl/Submit
adjective
contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

Shame this got buried with double guilty charges yesterday. This is a serious issue that needs resolved. Build the damn wall and fix the immigration process. This is insanity that liberals won't work with republicans to fix immigration

Saying there should be the same outrage by murders committed by Americans.

And there is. The people that live in those communities are usually outraged. I would venture a guess that there is plenty of outrage about nearly every murder in America. It just stays local. They just don't all make national news. It is hard to be outraged about a murder in Alaska or California or New York if you don't know about it.

I can't get past that comment, sorry.

Didn't you just say "reading" helps...yet...you...won't...read. As Elftard says, you can't make this **** up.

Let me explain this simply.

We spend $118Billion a year on illegal immigrants.
Illegal immigrants don't pay taxes.
When an illegal immigrant commits say a murder, we pay for the trial and incarceration.
The average cost of a murder to the system is $17Million.

We lost a life AND we have to pay money out of our pockets to prosecute this scum bag, who didn't financially contribute to the system.

Last edited:
Didn't you just say "reading" helps...yet...you...won't...read. As Elftard says, you can't make this **** up.

Let me explain this simply.

We spend $1.8Billion a year on illegal immigrants.
Illegal immigrants don't pay taxes.
When an illegal immigrant commits say a murder, we pay for the trial and incarceration.
The average cost of a murder to the system is $17Million.

We lost a life AND we have to pay money out of our pockets to prosecute this scum bag, who didn't financially contribute to the system.

I read it Tim, I said I couldn't get past that comment. I'm not looking at a murder as a cost factor, it's a murder, a life is lost or multiple lives are lost like the school killings, just like random street killings. And who knows what murderers evade paying taxes, we don't know who pays their fair share or who doesn't. I understand your explanation, but how much do we taxpayers spend keeping our own murderers in prison their whole lives? I don't care if they're taxpayers or not, they're murderers. Truthfully I don't want to pay for any of them, including our own. None of them.

if you have a fish tank that has 100 fish in it and you insert a piranha, the chances of a random fish being killed/eaten by the piranha is 1/100
If you insert another piranha into the same tank, the random fish has a 1/50 chance of being killed/eaten

so, since you already have one piranha in the tank, it should be 100% acceptable to put another piranha in the same tank.

this is liberal thinking

It's frustrating that the resistance that Trump and ICE are getting to maintain the borders and keeping illegal immigrants from entering here and then this happens to an innocent college student. A murder is a murder, but this situation sticks out right now.

if you have a fish tank that has 100 fish in it and you insert a piranha, the chances of a random fish being killed/eaten by the piranha is 1/100
If you insert another piranha into the same tank, the random fish has a 1/50 chance of being killed/eaten

so, since you already have one piranha in the tank, it should be 100% acceptable to put another piranha in the same tank.

this is liberal thinking

And they'll get that piranha's vote every single time

RIP Molly. Glad they found your killer. Memory eternal to those who loved you.
Apologies to the family who now have to suffer through the politicization of the circumstances.

Apologies to the family who now have to suffer through the politicization of the circumstances.

Hmmm, don't remember you posting that thought relative to the most politicized crimes ever committed - school shootings.

Same standard applies, I assume?

Hmmm, don't remember you posting that thought relative to the most politicized crimes ever committed - school shootings.

Same standard applies, I assume?

Let's just say, I am sick of it all these days...

In this case supporting strong borders and legal immigration (which I do) makes no difference, I can just imagine losing my daughter like this and just wanting to grieve appropriately.

83 is right in my opinon, f the dude wasn't illegal, no thread would have been created.

So many sickos everywhere.

Last edited:
Let's just say, I am sick of it all these days...

In this case supporting strong borders and legal immigration (which I do) makes no difference, I can just imagine losing my daughter like this and just wanting to grieve appropriately.

83 is right in my opinon, f the dude wasn't illegal, no thread would have been created.

No thread would have been created you're correct. Why are threads created? Primarily they are created around sensationalized crimes. We share what is sensationalized through the media. Our board is merely an extension of what we are fed by the media.

The second there is a school shooting, there is a thread. Why? It's sensationalized in the media.
The second an illegal immigrant kills an innocent American, there is a thread. Why? It's sensationalized in the media.

Both are hot button topics.

Why Chicago is NOT a hot button topic is obvious. It doesn't fit the political agenda of the media. Sadly, few care. Because the media chooses not to care and Americans aren't subjected to 24x7 coverings of these weekly killings. But we ARE fed far too much media hype over school shootings, terrorist attacks, illegal immigrant killings.

It's politicized here because it's politicized there.

Fact remains to your point, another innocent person is dead in what was a "preventable" crime.

I understand Tim.

I lurk a lot, and not only here. Just so ******* sick of it all.

Let me ask your opinion,
Are these political threads bringing Americans closer together or tearing us more apart?
Are we being constructive or destructive?

We were better off when we weren't able to communicate instantly with anyone.
Anyway, carry on.

Just praying we figure it out before it's too late. It's really getting to that point.

Last edited:
I understand Tim.

Let me ask your opinion,
Are these political threads bringing Americans closer together or tearing us more apart?

Anyway, carry on.

Just praying we figure it out before it's too late. It's really getting to that point.

I agree. I was raised to believe all life is equal. All. Period.

When we politicize and shine a light on "certain" victims and not others, we demean the others not highlighted. It conveys that somehow those lives are "less" important. Mollie Tibbetts life now seems, as portrayed, more a loss than those that die every weekend in Chicago. Why? Politics.

That sickens me.

I understand Tim.

Let me ask your opinion,

Anyway, carry on.

it would be more constructive if we were able to have rational conversations. respect each other and their opinions and views. Rather than condemn or force another viewpoint. It shouldn't be this or that. Black or white. There is a lot of gray. There should be more critical thinking and not just lashing out. This country is big enough for everyone, white, black, brown, yellow, tall, short, fat, skinny, straight, gay and everyone in-between.

I assume this outrage is the same when a US citizen kills another US citizen, in which case we should post about those murders too since they happen everyday and because a murder is a murder and all are unforgivable.

Cut the false equivalency bullshit. Bottom line, if he had been deported, since he was here ILLEGALLY, she'd still be alive. End of story!

Cut the false equivalency bullshit. Bottom line, if he had been deported, since he was here ILLEGALLY, she'd still be alive. End of story!

LOL, there's nothing false about it. If...if...if..if unhinged people don't murder someone they'd still be alive. End of story.

Not saying that at all. Saying there should be the same outrage by murders committed by Americans. This was explained in other posts. Reading helps.

To add, it would be nice not to have words twisted on this board every once in a while.

We can be outraged by both.

And we can recognize that they are both caused by a failure to enforce laws.

And we can recognize that it's liberals who don't want laws enforced, either on the border or in Chicago. Because wanting to enforce laws is racist.

We can be outraged by both.

And we can recognize that they are both caused by a failure to enforce laws.

And we can recognize that it's liberals who don't want laws enforced, either on the border or in Chicago. Because wanting to enforce laws is racist.

Yes you can recognize that. I, however, do not. And for someone who doesn't like trump, you do your best at sounding just like him.

it would be more constructive if we were able to have rational conversations. respect each other and their opinions and views. Rather than condemn or force another viewpoint. It shouldn't be this or that. Black or white. There is a lot of gray. There should be more critical thinking and not just lashing out. This country is big enough for everyone, white, black, brown, yellow, tall, short, fat, skinny, straight, gay and everyone in-between.

you've obviously never met Ark or the Ogre.