• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Illegal immigrant charged with Mollie Tibbetts' murder

Yes you can recognize that. I, however, do not. And for someone who doesn't like trump, you do your best at sounding just like him.

no. back up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2013/10/17/win-an-election-is-obamas-new-catchphrase.html

"You don't like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it," Obama said. "But don't break it. Don't break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That's not being faithful to what this country's about."

the law does not allow people to come to this country on any whim or fancy. the law clearly states that we are open to LEGAL immigration. There is no equivalency to ILLEGAL immigration. While we absolutely do have enough of our own citizens killing people, we do not need more people here killing people. No one is against legal immigration. By coming here legally, a person doesnt have to slink in the shadows, get paid under the table, nor do they have to hide when they see a cop. They're welcome here if they come here legally. Because then we know who they are, we know they've not committed crimes in their home countries, or if they have committed crimes we know if they're a murderer, drug dealer, etc and can weed those people out. I'd guess even you, Tibs and Flog would like to see crime reduced. I cannot understand why anyone would be willing to let anyone come here who hasnt the respect for what this country offers and provides. This country is hands down the best country on the planet. Its not perfect, but I don't see illegal immigration as such a hot topic for other countries.

no. back up.

the law does not allow people to come to this country on any whim or fancy. the law clearly states that we are open to LEGAL immigration. There is no equivalency to ILLEGAL immigration. While we absolutely do have enough of our own citizens killing people, we do not need more people here killing people. No one is against legal immigration. By coming here legally, a person doesnt have to slink in the shadows, get paid under the table, nor do they have to hide when they see a cop. They're welcome here if they come here legally. Because then we know who they are, we know they've not committed crimes in their home countries, or if they have committed crimes we know if they're a murderer, drug dealer, etc and can weed those people out. I'd guess even you, Tibs and Flog would like to see crime reduced. I cannot understand why anyone would be willing to let anyone come here who hasnt the respect for what this country offers and provides. This country is hands down the best country on the planet. Its not perfect, but I don't see illegal immigration as such a hot topic for other countries.

SM, I know what the law is as does everyone else, doesn't mean the law is going to be followed, it's broken everyday. No one wants crime, not by illegals and not by AMERICANS either. Of course I'd like to see all crimes reduced. But this logic of "liberals want open borders" stuff is just more hyperbole washed, rinsed and repeated by trump and his base. It's old and tired. I'm not a liberal and I'm not saying there aren't those on the extreme left who would verbalize that, but I'm not one of them and I don't know ANYONE who wants that. I'm confused why isn't this understood? Do you stand for everything the extreme right or alt-right does? I'm sure not, so why would you think illegal immigration is accepted by everyone on the left? It just isn't. But this has been discussed over and over. I'm not being a smart ***, these are genuine questions. I'm just trying to have a reasonable discussion without pointing fingers...I think that can be done, right?

It sure would help if people stopped hiring illegals, giving them legitimacy and a safe haven, like this GOP official did for years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update: Farm owned by family of Craig Lang, prominent Iowa farmer and GOP official, confirms that it has employed suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' death for the last four years</p>— Ryan J. Foley (@rjfoley) <a href="https://twitter.com/rjfoley/status/1032092477707235328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:
no. back up.

Isn't it ironic that the same things Obama said or did wasn't met with the same distain or outrage as the current president? Sure, a lot of people are now paying attention because of their hatred for DT, but when the above quotes are presented, it's funny how it's swept under the rug because it's only an outrage when Hitler Trump says or does the same thing. Consistancy. That's all I ask for.

It sure would help if people stopped hiring illegals, giving them legitimacy and a safe haven, like this GOP official did for years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update: Farm owned by family of Craig Lang, prominent Iowa farmer and GOP official, confirms that it has employed suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' death for the last four years</p>— Ryan J. Foley (@rjfoley) <a href="https://twitter.com/rjfoley/status/1032092477707235328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

why does it matter who hired him? They should be held accountable, no matter who or what party they are for. That's a moot point. If they knew he was here illegally, which I'm sure they did, I hope her family sues the F out of them.

why does it matter who hired him? They should be held accountable, no matter who or what party they are for. That's a moot point.
I agree, just sharing the facts of this case. Of course, there's a tad bit of irony that Republicans raise hell over illegals when one of their own employed this ******** for over four years. But you're right, it's a moot point. An ironic moot point

Last edited:
I agree, just sharing the facts of this case. Of course, there's a tad bit of irony that Republicans raise hell over illegals when one of their own employed this ******** for over four years. But you're right, it's a moot point. An ironic moot point

I put this in the same category of the preists and their latest **** storm. "Do what I say, not as I do. . ." smh

I understand Tim.

I lurk a lot, and not only here. Just so ******* sick of it all.

Let me ask your opinion,
Are these political threads bringing Americans closer together or tearing us more apart?
Are we being constructive or destructive?

We were better off when we weren't able to communicate instantly with anyone.
Anyway, carry on.

Just praying we figure it out before it's too late. It's really getting to that point.

IMO, yes we were better off (especially being civil and respectful) when we didn't have social media platforms. Now, we're mainly anonymous on message boards or not being entirely truthful or establishing a persona on the big social media platforms.

They are a great way to communicate important information instantly (even though a telephone call could suffice in a lot of cases), but we tend to sometimes be our worst, obnoxious selves on social media. Not everybody, but when I see some YouTube comments or comments under any platform, I tend to get a little nauseated and have the urge to go take a walk and remember to smell the roses or something. We're losing our civility and our ability to have reasoned, level-headed discussions. To agree to disagree without labeling someone or insulting them seems to be a foreign concept to many these days. And I'm not just talking political affiliations, though our divisiveness and sometimes loathsome behavior towards others with different political and social philosophies is disheartening. I mean family members vowing to disown one another over a Presidential election or over politics these days? I know we're always going to have the fringe lunatics who cause real trouble & chaos, but I'm talking about typically reasonable and good-natured people. I think some serious perspective is needed.

It is getting out of hand and I don't know how it's going to stop.

it would be more constructive if we were able to have rational conversations. respect each other and their opinions and views. Rather than condemn or force another viewpoint. It shouldn't be this or that. Black or white. There is a lot of gray. There should be more critical thinking and not just lashing out. This country is big enough for everyone, white, black, brown, yellow, tall, short, fat, skinny, straight, gay and everyone in-between.
What does race, body build, and ****-status have to do with opinions?

Have the Dems come up with an acceptable number of murders & rapes of American daughters to accommodate their illegal aliens?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Tibbets-family-need-focus-real-problems.html

Princess Fauxcahontas Lieawatha said:
'I'm so sorry for the family and I know this is hard not only for her family but also for the local community and people throughout Iowa,' the Democrat said on Wednesday, a day after Tibbetts' body was found after a five week search.

'But one of the things we have to remember is we need an immigration system that is effective and focuses on where real problems are.'

Last edited:
No thread would have been created you're correct. Why are threads created? Primarily they are created around sensationalized crimes. We share what is sensationalized through the media. Our board is merely an extension of what we are fed by the media.

The second there is a school shooting, there is a thread. Why? It's sensationalized in the media.
The second an illegal immigrant kills an innocent American, there is a thread. Why? It's sensationalized in the media.

Both are hot button topics.

Why Chicago is NOT a hot button topic is obvious. It doesn't fit the political agenda of the media. Sadly, few care. Because the media chooses not to care and Americans aren't subjected to 24x7 coverings of these weekly killings. But we ARE fed far too much media hype over school shootings, terrorist attacks, illegal immigrant killings.

It's politicized here because it's politicized there.

Fact remains to your point, another innocent person is dead in what was a "preventable" crime.

And the second.........oh wait......no it was days after the priest molestation scandal happened that I posted it.

Why? Because no one else did...300 priests molesting over 1000 children IN PENNSYLVANIA.....A PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD.......and not a peep.

Not a peep.....my....my...

Why is this? As you said: it doesn't fit the agenda.

Bingo!

Furthermore, an illegal means. . . I.L.L.E.G.A.L!

il·le·gal
i(l)ˈlēɡəl/Submit
adjective
contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.

Aka foreign invader, criminal from the get go. It means you have absolutely no respect for the country you're sneaking into. There's no immigration problem as people who truly seek to become one of us have a system in place for them to do so. Those are welcome with open arms. The rest can get out. This crapnis really a non issue other than building a wall,enforcement and removal.

IN PENNSYLVANIA.....A PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA STEELERS MESSAGE BOARD.......and not a peep.
Same thing happened a few months ago when the Pittsburgh Post Gazette fired their award-winning editorial cartoonist for anti-Trump content. It was all over the national news for days on end. I kept waiting for some 1st amendment loving conservative to post it to the board. Never happened. But the fate of white farmers in South Africa or anything done by Muslims or immigrants triggers a siren-blaring breaking news post with corresponding outrage. It is what it is. This board is the collective conscience of its members. No big surprise as far as what’s deemed important to discuss around here.

Then throw his *** in the slammer too. I don't care if he's a Dem or Rep.

I love those MS-13 dreamers.

Dreaming of mass murders on American soil.

After Josue Portillo crossed into the United States illegally in 2015, he settled on Long Island and sought to join the same gang — MS-13 — that was terrorizing his hometown in El Salvador. On April 11, 2017, authorities say he took part in executing four young Latino men in the woods behind a Central Islip, N.Y., soccer field, a sensational crime that drew national attention and became a rallying cry in President Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigration. Mr. Portillo, now 17, pleaded guilty on Monday to federal racketeering charges and for his role in the four murders, according to prosecutors.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/20/nyregion/ms13-gang-murder-guilty.html

Kate Steinle, Mollie Tibbets, the four guys in Long Island ... small price to pay for dreamers.

But hey, can a "watch the borders" guy ask ... is it okay to demand that the "dreamers" target only the open-borders, anti-ICE crowd?? Seems fair to me.

Sick!
Hooray for liberalism.

Hooray for liberalism.

u ain't seen nothing yet

CNN Commentator Symone Sanders Blames 'Toxic Masculinity' For Illegal Immigrant Allegedly Killing Mollie Tibbetts

"Mollie Tibbetts was murdered b/c she told a man to leave her alone while she was jogging," Sanders tweeted. "Her murderer happens to be undocumented. This isn't about border security. This is about toxic masculinity. Mollie Tibbetts lost her life b/c a man couldn't take her saying no. Full stop."

http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/22/cnn-commentator-toxic-masculinity-tibbetts/

---------------------------

All men are murderers!

I saw that Tibbetts' killer passed the e-verify background check. So how could that have happened but he's still here illegally?

No murder should be politicized, including this one. They're all tragic and families are suffering. I heard all about this murder on CNN last too as well as local news. My point again is murder is murder no matter who commits them. There should be equal outrage. In fact I think the punishment should be an eye for an eye.

This has been a big story for a month. Long before we knew it was an illegal that did it. And yes, Trump did comment on it before also.

This has been a big story for a month. Long before we knew it was an illegal that did it. And yes, Trump did comment on it before also.

Yes, I know, she was missing for a while. It's been tragic since the start, not just after it was found out she was murdered. All the stories that start out with a missing person you hope they find alive, but ends up being found murdered are heartbreaking. Happens way too often.

The problem with civilized dicussion these days is that the left have conveniently broken us down into identity groups, each with it's own little set of grievances......except one group that seems to be the root of all evil. Many pertinent discussions are off limits, because it would be deemed offensive, even if true. Because of this, we are seeing censorship of certain speech in the new media, college campuses, and in the daily dialog between individuals. We can no longer have honest conversations in public, for fear of offending someone. Rahm Emmanuel called out fractured families as a root cause of Chicago violence, which I agree with, and he was lambasted by the media. I applaud him for it, but it is obviously a no go conversation. This is where we find ourselves today,

I saw that Tibbetts' killer passed the e-verify background check. So how could that have happened but he's still here illegally?

All it does is verify if the number is valid. There is no other ID info on it.