• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm kind of disappointed

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I really thought that with so many of you here on lockdown at home, that this place would be busting with new and hot posts. Looks like SN is just another victim of COVID 19.

I really thought that with so many of you here on lockdown at home, that this place would be busting with new and hot posts. Looks like SN is just another victim of COVID 19.

I took a day off yesterday, but other than that I've been going to work this whole time as I normally would. I love the lack of traffic. Another nice thing on that front, is no more school zone speed limits. It's extra special when you can go fast through there and avoid the double-whammy ticket.

Right! Covid getting in the way of WW3

I took a day off yesterday, but other than that I've been going to work this whole time as I normally would. I love the lack of traffic. Another nice thing on that front, is no more school zone speed limits. It's extra special when you can go fast through there and avoid the double-whammy ticket.

Nice. I live rural(ish), so traffic is never a thing here. But, I work in corrections, so I work every day. It's cool, but I would love the days off. Enjoy the situation, Sir!

I've been to work everyday at the restaurant. But, you go from serving 100s of people a day to 10, it kinda puts a debt in the revenue stream. There are loans I can get but they have restrictions on how the money is spent. I have no employees working now. There isn't the money or need to being them in. We are losing $1000s and 1000s. Bills and taxes keep coming and could be delayed but they will have to be paid eventually. I probably will be closing for good and go get a job stocking shelves. But those jobs will be hard to get with the surge of unemployed looking for work. Yup...the cure definitely worse than the disease.

I've been to work everyday at the restaurant. But, you go from serving 100s of people a day to 10, it kinda puts a debt in the revenue stream. There are loans I can get but they have restrictions on how the money is spent. I have no employees working now. There isn't the money or need to being them in. We are losing $1000s and 1000s. Bills and taxes keep coming and could be delayed but they will have to be paid eventually. I probably will be closing for good and go get a job stocking shelves. But those jobs will be hard to get with the surge of unemployed looking for work. Yup...the cure definitely worse than the disease.

Sorry to hear that man. God forbid you even mention getting things opened back up, you are demonized for being uncaring, heartless, human lives are worth more...etc. The fear of the virus is going to turn out to be 10 times more damaging than the virus itself, and that is what is scary.

Sorry to hear that man. God forbid you even mention getting things opened back up, you are demonized for being uncaring, heartless, human lives are worth more...etc. The fear of the virus is going to turn out to be 10 times more damaging than the virus itself, and that is what is scary.

Any govt cure is bad. Bernie is finding that out now.

Booted, where is your restaurant?

TSF and I have been saying that for weeks now. Who in God's name thinks it viable to simply shut down the entire economy for two months? Most of this nation lives paycheck to paycheck, not because they are dumb or lazy but because life and kids cost money. Oh, and how about this? The ever-******* concerned government suspends property taxes and gas taxes and sales taxes for the rest of 2020?

Oh, no, can't do that, government is so ******* important and needs its money.

Unlike the rest of us, it seems.

But no worries, Wuhan celebrated re-opening last night, China's economy will be booming again soon, Bezos will make another billion dollars selling cheap rip-off **** from China, and Nancy's Amazon stock is booming. All is good with the world!!

TSF and I have been saying that for weeks now. Who in God's name thinks it viable to simply shut down the entire economy for two months? Most of this nation lives paycheck to paycheck, not because they are dumb or lazy but because life and kids cost money. Oh, and how about this? The ever-******* concerned government suspends property taxes and gas taxes and sales taxes for the rest of 2020?

Oh, no, can't do that, government is so ******* important and needs its money.

Unlike the rest of us, it seems.

But no worries, Wuhan celebrated re-opening last night, China's economy will be booming again soon, Bezos will make another billion dollars selling cheap rip-off **** from China, and Nancy's Amazon stock is booming. All is good with the world!!

As an individual, I don't have much recourse, other than to never buy another thing from that evil, shithole of a country.

Best of luck to everyone struggling financially now.

Sorry to hear that Booted. I would try to get the loan anyway. Try to put some of it toward payroll for a couple of employees and yourself. Use the rest for other bills. The interest rate is low and I would guess they will have no choice but to be very flexible with repayment terms. If you go out of business and can't repay it so I doubt they'll be able to do anything about it.

As for me I've been on here a bit but with 5 people home all day I have been spending time with them. (Not to mention a whole lot of extra cooking and cleaning).

I'm thinking about going to apply for a job at a grocery store. It won't nearly replace what my husband's business is going to lose, but it will be something. We pay a ridiculous amount for health insurance and have 2 college tuitions coming up in the fall.

Sorry to hear that Booted. I would try to get the loan anyway. Try to put some of it toward payroll for a couple of employees and yourself. Use the rest for other bills. The interest rate is low and I would guess they will have no choice but to be very flexible with repayment terms. If you go out of business and can't repay it so I doubt they'll be able to do anything about it.

As for me I've been on here a bit but with 5 people home all day I have been spending time with them. (Not to mention a whole lot of extra cooking and cleaning).

I'm thinking about going to apply for a job at a grocery store. It won't nearly replace what my husband's business is going to lose, but it will be something. We pay a ridiculous amount for health insurance and have 2 college tuitions coming up in the fall.

Go get that grocery store job, if the Dems get their way, you might just get a 25K bonus check for being a front line worker.

I've worked every day. I started working from home just yesterday. It feels pretty weird but luckily I'm on salary and havent lost any pay yet. I was already struggling though so it's pretty much status quo.

I have not missed a day of work. love the drive to work. no traffic and no one caring about how fast you go. I get to work at least 10 minutes faster every day. I have not wazed in weeks.

I have not missed a day of work. love the drive to work. no traffic and no one caring about how fast you go. I get to work at least 10 minutes faster every day. I have not wazed in weeks.

The commute has been amazing. I made it to work in 6 minutes the other day. Ok I was speeding but still.

This stuff is wrecking a lot of people. I went and got second job a few weeks ago in preparation for what we have now. I've been in the fitness industry for 16 years. It's ****** right now. My wife is over 4 boutique fitness studios that are shut down. That's about 200k a month in revenue poof. They had just got done with the presale of location number 4 when this hit. They have furloughed most everyone, but my wife.

So I'm getting up at 3:45 am to fly around on a cherry picker in this giant warehouse for 8 hours a day while I wait this clusterfuck out.

Speaking of that I'm off to bed.

Last edited:
Still going to work every day although we are the only ones open in our building. Our office in NJ is swamped and the Office Administrator went out on quarantine yesterday so they they routed their calls to us and our phone exploded the rest of the day.

The good news is that the worlds efforts are helping to keep people from building a natural immunity to the virus.

We can do this EVERY year!

Still working every day here in MT, but now we have drive thru liquor stores and bars. Get all you mixed drinks to go, just have to “promise” you won’t drink them on the way home.

Still working every day here in MT, but now we have drive thru liquor stores and bars. Get all you mixed drinks to go, just have to “promise” you won’t drink them on the way home.

Now you're sounding like Wyoming

My commute went from 30 minutes to 20 minutes. No school helps a lot too (difference between school/not school is about 5 minutes in and of itself).

Honestly, maybe we don't need all that we think we do.

My commute went from 30 minutes to 20 minutes. No school helps a lot too (difference between school/not school is about 5 minutes in and of itself).

Honestly, maybe we don't need all that we think we do.

I think you will see a lot of businesses downsizing their physical offices and realizing that by and large, you get the same productivity if not more out of employees who are working from home. I think more and more companies will finally see that face to face meetings are incredibly unnecessary and inefficient and more companies will embrace teleconferencing for meetings. I think this will also encourage less international travel and more teleconferencing as well. Finally, I hope that more companies embrace only electronic payment options going forward. The need for paper checks and the staff required to handle those checks is inefficient, unsanitary, and by and large unnecessary in this day and age. There are many businesses that have "essential" employees reporting to work only because they accept paper checks and have to process them, scan them...etc. What a major waste of time and a risk to the health of employees who are not able to work from home as a result.