• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Inital thoughts after titties game

Canada called a decent game I thought. Hating on his jet sweep calls is old and played out. One of the jet sweeps to Warren got us a big 1st down and he almost broke it. There’s a time and place for them and everyone around the league does it. The Canada hate has gotten to be a fad at this point. I can’t take anyone serious that hates on Canada but doesn’t say a bad word about Tomlin.

Initial thoughts. This was execution not coaching most part. 7 points on kenny missing slot isolated on LB. 4 points on Pickens not getting feet in. Probably the worst 5-3 team ever. Biggest question ......why won't Kenny run?

Kenny Pickett is an Enigma.. so is DJ… so are both RBs..
Warren is nothing of the sort…You know exactly what you will get. He is a downhill runner who runs straight ahead and who recognizes & hits the hole once it’s open…You get smash mouth football with him. You’re gonna get great screen plays & end arounds. And he’s one of the best blocking backs in the NFL…

I love our 2 headed Monster back attack. Wish they would start showing & using 2 back sets…

Warren is nothing of the sort…You know exactly what you will get. He is a downhill runner who runs straight ahead and who recognizes & hits the hole once it’s open…You get smash mouth football with him. You’re gonna get great screen plays & end arounds. And he’s one of the best blocking backs in the NFL…

I love our 2 headed Monster back attack. Wish they would start showing & using 2 back sets…
Just got back from the game. Kenny’s ribs are likely why he didn’t run.

Not sure why they dont try Pickens on a deep slant
Probably because there is no such thing as a "deep slant" route. I guess you mean deep post?

Kenny misses too many open throws. Line gave him plenty of protection most of the night, with the addition of Jones and the subtraction of Okarafor. DJ is an outstanding route-runner and is consistently open; he would put up top-3 WR numbers if he could only solve his drops issue and get more consistent play from the quarterback.

Another puzzling win in a confounding season. They are 5-3, but somehow it feels like 3-5 or worse.

Probably because there is no such thing as a "deep slant" route. I guess you mean deep post?

Kenny misses too many open throws. Line gave him plenty of protection most of the night, with the addition of Jones and the subtraction of Okarafor. DJ is an outstanding route-runner and is consistently open; he would put up top-3 WR numbers if he could only solve his drops issue and get more consistent play from the quarterback.

Another puzzling win in a confounding season. They are 5-3, but somehow it feels like 3-5 or worse.
I think it feels like 3 and 5 because the offense struggles game to game.

If Kenny and the gang can improve that feeling will lessen.

I like moving the OC to the field maybe that extra support and interaction helps moving forward. Sure couldn't hurt.

On our way to another non-losing season.
Greatest coach ever.
Greatest OC ever.
The standard is the standard.

I guess we can expect Warren to get another ridiculous fine. The dude is 5'-8". When he runs, his helmet is naturally going to hit dudes in the chest, etc. He reminds me of that bowling ball that used to play for the Panthers. I can't recall his name but that's who he reminds me of.

Najee ran hard again. He hurts people when he runs and helps wear them down. He and Warren are a very good 1-2 punch. Warren can run people over as well being 5'-8" and 215 lbs and he has that quick burst and cut. I don't know if he is a No. 1 RB but at some point he will get that shot.

Still pissed at how nonchalant GP was on that beautiful throw from KP in the endzone. The ball was perfect and he had a ton of room to get both feet in. Why he took basically a full stride instead of tapping his toe a yard in bounds to guarantee the TD is just poor concentration and him trying to celebrate too soon.

Of the games left; Packers, Browns, Bengals(x2), Seahawks, Colts, Cardinals, Patriots and Raves, all are winnable …. AND all are just as easily losable. So, yeah, probably end the season right around 9-8, 10-7.

He had a 63 percent completion despite the crappy start. So definitely would like to see that accuracy early improve.

Jones needs to stay a starter they ran better with him in the lineup.

Chukes is saying now that he was benched for some sort of acting out incident in J-ville.

I think he is the weakest O-line link, time to stay with Broderick for the rest of the War Games.

I agree slash, but think it would be more advantageous if he were at LEFT tackle. I know I don’t see those guys on a day to day, but think Moore could be moved over to RT.

Salute the nation

whatever

I was half drunk after the game

you know I mean ashot deep down the middle

Of the games left; Packers, Browns, Bengals(x2), Seahawks, Colts, Cardinals, Patriots and Raves, all are winnable …. AND all are just as easily losable. So, yeah, probably end the season right around 9-8, 10-7.
Winnable but right now, the Ratbirds, Seachickens, and the Bungholes are all very much playoff material. You can actually add the Clowns into that mix as well. We do not have any easy schedule remaining. We could easily lose all 5 of those games. They absolutely need to beat the Packers to start and then the Colts, Cards, and Cheatriots. Then they really only need one more victory to probably make the playoffs. But, Tomlin teams always play down to their opponents so you can almost expect us to lose at least one of those 4.

My initial thouught was man I hate PM games as I woke up on my coach at 4 in the morning.

Then my second thought after reading this is I think i am glad I was not in the game thread last night.

my third thought is we keep winning games on paper we should not win. good for average teams

I agree slash, but think it would be more advantageous if he were at LEFT tackle. I know I don’t see those guys on a day to day, but think Moore could be moved over to RT.

Salute the nation
Perhaps. I guess they don't trust Dan on the right...

Pickens is lazy and no attention to detail.

I think we should win the GB game easily. So in reality we will lose that one.

It appeared that the offense had a little more snap, crackle and pop than we have come accustomed to lately. It's still way below the line.

I think we're an average team that some weeks play below average like last week. I do think Jones needs to keep that starting role. I liked the old school traps that showed glimpses of an effective running game. It all starts and ends in the trenches. Great to see Cam back. Hopefully a game they can build on but who knows with this team, I can't get too amped up about beating a sub 500 team with a pitiful road record.

lol. No just back to the hotel. Took forever to get on the T. We stayed by PPG.
We would walk to and from the hotels back in the day. Not sure if that's still the safe thing to do at night in the big city now but no problems 20 years ago.

this team wants to kill me

Damn

Kenny was decent tonight. Missed too many easy completions but made some damn good throws also

DJ had a good game. Finally got in the end zone

PIckens needs to learn to drag his feet

Najee and Warren both ran well tonight

Not sure why they dont try Pickens on a deep slant

Nice to see Washington got a reception

Defense played ok

gave up a lot of yards but only 16 points and the big pick to end it. would have peferred wallace had held on to his shot at it

canada was not great - jet sweeps suck - bullshit direct snap at the goal line - but if KP had been more accurate early this game would not have been as close

Prayers that Holcombe and the titan player are okay
Berm approves. Nothing more to add...

Watt might get fined. He is a Steelers player.

KP8 throws better when his ribs don't hurt.

JPJ is immature.

The refs still suck.

Yinz got too drunk and yelled at each other in the chat too much.

If you want to pass Coolie off, dis Najee.
Berm didn't even sip alcohol last night...I was behaving🤪🤪🤪