• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Inital thoughts after titties game

On the last drive where DJ got the touchdown they had 1st and goal at the 2. The way Warren was running and Pickett was missing guys i would have ran the ball with Warren 4 times in a row. It worked out with the TD pass to DJ but if I'm playing the odds with this offense that was not the right play calls with the game on the line.

What, you didn’t like Najee taking the direct snap? O’Canada and Coach Tomlin’s approval.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation

On the last drive where DJ got the touchdown they had 1st and goal at the 2. The way Warren was running and Pickett was missing guys i would have ran the ball with Warren 4 times in a row. It worked out with the TD pass to DJ but if I'm playing the odds with this offense that was not the right play calls with the game on the line.
Najee was running well last night. he got hit in the backfield on that first down play zero blocking in front of him

Pickens does need to grow up and focus more. Act like a professional. Hopefully that comes. Tennessee took him out of the equation most of the night. Dionte picked up the slack but it would have been nice if others did too.

Nice to see Levi Wallace make some plays last night too. Hopefully Minkah is back in 10 days. That could solidify the secondary which looked shaky at the beginning but seemed to pull it together by the end.

We need more from the mostly invisible CAIII. We did miss a connection yesterday, but he has not been involved

My initial thouught was man I hate PM games as I woke up on my coach at 4 in the morning.
I hope that your coach didn't have morning wood.

Did anyone else notice Rush in the game? I wasn't paying attention and then I saw him in the game in the 4th quarter. I am not sure how much he played or really how well he did. However, it sure would be nice if we ended up with JPJ, Trice, and Rush manning our secondary. Three young, longer guys that can go up against these bigger WR's. We'll have to wait and see but it sure is intriguing.

Did anyone else notice Rush in the game? I wasn't paying attention and then I saw him in the game in the 4th quarter. I am not sure how much he played or really how well he did. However, it sure would be nice if we ended up with JPJ, Trice, and Rush manning our secondary. Three young, longer guys that can go up against these bigger WR's. We'll have to wait and see but it sure is intriguing.
I noticed a sure interception go right through his hands with the game on the line.

I noticed a sure interception go right through his hands with the game on the line.
I saw that. Would have been huge if he had caught it. He definitely needs to hit the jugs machine. But, why was he out there already, and, other than missing the INT, how did he do? As I said, it would be nice if he, JPJ, and Trice could keep improving and form our secondary for a while.

I saw that. Would have been huge if he had caught it. He definitely needs to hit the jugs machine. But, why was he out there already, and, other than missing the INT, how did he do? As I said, it would be nice if he, JPJ, and Trice could keep improving and form our secondary for a while.
Honestly, I'll have to do some more research on the guy -- I don't know much about him. They definitely were going with a patchwork secondary with Minkah out.

The real issue is that if tge Steelers were to get, say 250 yards in the first half on offense… they probably would have a lead… and then the entire second half would be them doing run, run, pass trying to kill clock… so it’s philosophically going to be hard to get 400 yards… its going to definitely have to be several extremely great individual efforts.. it won’t be scheme
Yeah it would definitely have to come in a shootout type game. It's not Steeler football to blow anyone out. I can't even remember the last blowout win.

I would walk to the Wyndham or Market Square area but the Cambria by PPG was a bit further at midnight and it being a bit cold. Staying at the Wyndham for the Cards game. Hope it is good and cold for my little brother coming from St Pete.
Gotcha. I was thinking PPG Place/Tower not the Arena. Yep that's a pretty good hike.

Kenny was decent tonight. Missed too many easy completions but made some damn good throws also

DJ had a good game. Finally got in the end zone

PIckens needs to learn to drag his feet

Najee and Warren both ran well tonight

Not sure why they dont try Pickens on a deep slant

Nice to see Washington got a reception

Defense played ok

gave up a lot of yards but only 16 points and the big pick to end it. would have peferred wallace had held on to his shot at it

canada was not great - jet sweeps suck - bullshit direct snap at the goal line - but if KP had been more accurate early this game would not have been as close

Prayers that Holcombe and the titan player are okay
I think you're giving Kenny a pass on this post; you can't have your QB miss 5-6 easy throws a game and expect to really go anywhere. Sure you might beat the Titans with a rookie QB with such a performance, but moving forward, this QB play is not gonna have us winning games against real teams. Kenny was just too awful for us to advance anywhere. He just wasn't good enough, this level of QB performance isn't gonna cut it.

Pickens is lazy and no attention to detail.

I think we should win the GB game easily. So in reality we will lose that one.

It appeared that the offense had a little more snap, crackle and pop than we have come accustomed to lately. It's still way below the line.

I think that's his way of throwing a fit. Man I was so high on him coming out of Georgia and now I'm getting AB vibes. The guy cleared out his whole instagram page of anything Steeler. That will teach us..lol.

Najee was running well last night. he got hit in the backfield on that first down play zero blocking in front of him
Najee was, one of his best games of his career, no complaints about the way he was playing, BUT Warren did the heavy lifting to get them in the goal to go situation from the 2. He was running hard, running through guys like I haven't seen from a Steeler RB in years why change it up and take him out and kill the momentum of the drive to try something else?
Makes ZERO sense to change it up when its obviously working. If Dionte drops that pass or Kenny over or under throws him like he was doing earlier in the game, we lose.
Game on the line I'll take Warren 4 times from the 2 1000% of the time over trusting Pickett throwing into tight windows to the WR with the longest TD drought in the league. Dionte played great too but why risk it with an innacurate QB throwing to the guy who has been known to drop it in the big moments?

Last edited:
My thoughts as we head home from the Burgh. Love the atmosphere at games. Rarely ever see fans not getting along and the Titans fans were respectful but scarce.

I am afraid despite all his talent that Pickens is not the answer for us and is a moody petulant child. He doesn’t always run clean routes. He gets lazy on them hurting his ability to get separation. If he focused on route running the way DJ runs them he would be near unstoppable. As it is he pouts and runs his mouth but doesn’t back it up. We will need to seek a replacement sooner rather later.

We may want to keep Moore on the left and Jones on the right for this season as I think Jines is a bigger upgrade over Chuck’s than Moore. Chuks may be the weaker link. We need to draft a center and or guard to finish the line.

Kenny will be fine if and when we keep calling the game as we did on the first drive and late.

Not noticing a DB is generally a good thing. That means he was most likely doing his job and in position. Missing an INT while not ideal, also isn't the end of the world. It also means he was in position to make the play.

Tebow was a huge armed RB playing QB.. there isn’t even a remote similarity in any way, shape, or form.

With pickett you are talking about a mechanical accuracy issue on maybe 5-8% of his passes. He completes 62% of his passes despite this and with better mechanics he could be around 65-67% ..

Tebow was a 47% career passer who basically just took deep shots when he wasn’t scrambling
The saddest thing about Tebow is the Steelers gave him his biggest highlight of his entire career in the NFL: That playoff loss was epic horrid coaching by Tomlin, epic. Only Tomlin could F up so bad that we lost to a Tebow-led NFL team in the playoffs. SMH

My thoughts as we head home from the Burgh. Love the atmosphere at games. Rarely ever see fans not getting along and the Titans fans were respectful but scarce.

I am afraid despite all his talent that Pickens is not the answer for us and is a moody petulant child. He doesn’t always run clean routes. He gets lazy on them hurting his ability to get separation. If he focused on route running the way DJ runs them he would be near unstoppable. As it is he pouts and runs his mouth but doesn’t back it up. We will need to seek a replacement sooner rather later.

We may want to keep Moore on the left and Jones on the right for this season as I think Jines is a bigger upgrade over Chuck’s than Moore. Chuks may be the weaker link. We need to draft a center and or guard to finish the line.

Kenny will be fine if and when we keep calling the game as we did on the first drive and late.

From what I'm reading and seeing with Pickens ,he's checking out and acting like an over grown child. I doubt he makes it through the season unless he pumps the brakes.

Well maybe we can trade him straight up with the Vikings for Addison. I can dream..lol

The saddest thing about Tebow is the Steelers gave him his biggest highlight of his entire career in the NFL: That playoff loss was epic horrid coaching by Tomlin, epic. Only Tomlin could F up so bad that we lost to a Tebow-led NFL team in the playoffs. SMH

Don't remind me of that game..lol.

I count on the INT play 2 outside CBs playing press, then Alexander and Neal zone covering the middle and then 3 deep Safeties protecting the endzone. I'm almost sure for this play the CBs are Wallace at RCB and JPJr. At LCB. At deep Safeties I saw kazee for sure, the other two must be pat Pete and rush