• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Inital thoughts after titties game

Rush was on a PS and comes here and within a week and a half is getting decent snaps in a game. I don't think they can stash him back on the PS or someone will grab him.

Looking at what is out there for free agents I would say signing Mykal Walker off the PS to the 53 man is the best option. Good athlete has a 107 tackle season on his resume, has 3 career picks including a pick 6, and is a decent blitzer even though he only has one sack. Watching some film, I guess my best description of Walker is he is a heady football player. He is not out of position, does not come out of control, understands zone coverage phenomenally, stays in his position and will stretch out plays. I am actually quite surprised he was released by the falcons because he is just as good as Landman and Elliss their starting ILB's. Maybe Walker was beat out and disagreed and asked for a release. I don't know. But he seems to be an exceptional depth piece and a guy if starts isn't going to hurt you. Great signing by Khan and it really was under the radar.

A couple of days late:

I could put a lot more into this but the bottom line is the Steelers did just enough to win against a bad football team with a rookie QB in his second start. That’s wear this team has been for years now with no signs of kicking it into gear.

On a positive note, Jones, Porter, and Benton all look good.

A couple of days late:

I could put a lot more into this but the bottom line is the Steelers did just enough to win against a bad football team with a rookie QB in his second start. That’s wear this team has been for years now with no signs of kicking it into gear.

On a positive note, Jones, Porter, and Benton all look good.
That rookie looked pretty impressive in his first start what 4TDs? Steelers held him without one.

A lot of bad football teams in the NFL.

One thing that doesn't get talked about a lot is despite the offense looking like garbage more often than not they do a good job as a team holding onto the ball , limiting turnovers and the D creating turnovers.

IMO that is their saving grace right now. It won't take them far if the offense doesn't improve but they can win games with this formula in a league that has a lot of mediocre teams.

Apparently, they must have liked what they saw in Rush in his couple of weeks of practice as he ended up with about 30 snaps - mostly in dime situations.

IMO that is their saving grace right now. It won't take them far if the offense doesn't improve but they can win games with this formula in a league that has a lot of mediocre teams.
So now the question becomes: Do you want to settle with a regime that only gives you a team capable of that? I'm leaning towards wanting a team that can offer a hope of a little more than 1 game over .500 myself.

So now the question becomes: Do you want to settle with a regime that only gives you a team capable of that? I'm leaning towards wanting a team that can offer a hope of a little more than 1 game over .500 myself.
I think Slash wants that too, and I think we'll get that. My prediction is 10-7 and maybe 11-6. However, the playoffs might be a disappointment though....

I think Slash wants that too, and I think we'll get that. My prediction is 10-7 and maybe 11-6. However, the playoffs might be a disappointment though....
I picked them to go 10-7 preseason… if they can beat GB at home ( Tomlin has a great record after Thursday night games) then they just have to play .500 ball down the stretch to get there…

If they could magically make a run and win their next 3 games, they would be almost a playoff lock…

I picked them to go 10-7 preseason… if they can beat GB at home ( Tomlin has a great record after Thursday night games) then they just have to play .500 ball down the stretch to get there…

If they could magically make a run and win their next 3 games, they would be almost a playoff lock…
Would be nice to see a playoff game again despite what I perceive to probably not end well. I hate when our team like us is watching the playoffs from the sofa.

I like the lock idea, but have seen that “lock” fade a time or two, so I never say yes but also never say never in that regards.

I root all the way baby, 19- but nowA days 20-0 before the start of the season. I do put in an educated thought provoked tally, before 1st game, and that was 11-6. Remeber that was before the real O’Canada showed and not the pre-season O’Canada.

Salute the nation

That rookie looked pretty impressive in his first start what 4TDs? Steelers held him without one.

A lot of bad football teams in the NFL.

One thing that doesn't get talked about a lot is despite the offense looking like garbage more often than not they do a good job as a team holding onto the ball , limiting turnovers and the D creating turnovers.

Averaging 15 ppg isn’t going to get you very far in the playoffs, and that’s been going on for quite a while.

Tomlin teams do not always play down to their opponents. His record for his career against teams that finished the season below .500 is really good.
They don't always lose them, obviously
But he does hold the record for HC losses to .500 and under teams at 42