• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on bungles game

If that was the case Tomlin would have the extension by now
Not historically accurate. Traditionally they have extended him in the Summer before the last season on his contract. That would be next Summer.

Not historically accurate. Traditionally they have extended him in the Summer before the last season on his contract. That would be next Summer.
Let's hope they don't repeat that scenario and wait until summer . I doubt a decent OC will want to come here with a lame duck OC in the last year of the the HC's contract. In 2021 that turned out to be Matt Canada 😥.

If they're extending Tomlin, which I'm sure they are, best to get it done while there are top assistant coaches still available for hire. Otherwise he has excuses for hiring scraps again.

There is a 100% chance the top center will be available for the Steelers first-round pick and it would 100% be a reach taking them there.
A reach? It doesn’t necessarily have to be a first round pick. We could have had John Micheal Schmitz with our second , second round pick. We could have famously had Creed with our second pick. The top centre might be there for our second round pick next draft.

We all value positions differently. I obviously value a guy that’s on the field for 100% of snaps, has a huge relationship with the QB, usually calls the formations, a position steeped in great HOF tradition of excellence for the Steelers, more importantly than you.

Dermontti Dawson,Mike Webster, Maurkice Pouncey,Ray Mansfield and Jeff Hartings say hi.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Jags get flagged for roughing the passer on 4th down. Baker is already up 10-0...

It was fun being in the stadium last night, but at the end of the day we just dropped down the draft board.

A reach? It doesn’t necessarily have to be a first round pick. We could have had John Micheal Schmitz with our second , second round pick. We could have famously had Creed with our second pick. The top centre might be there for our second round pick next draft.

We all value positions differently. I obviously value a guy that’s on the field for 100% of snaps, has a huge relationship with the QB, usually calls the formations, a position steeped in great HOF tradition of excellence for the Steelers, more importantly than you.

Dermontti Dawson,Mike Webster, Maurkice Pouncey,Ray Mansfield and Jeff Hartings say hi.
The comment was in reply to drafting a center in the first round rather than a receiver.

Not a reach when you pick those guys, but in this draft there really isn't a C without question marks. At least enough to not force a first round pick. If that is the desired approach there is always a trade down in one or up in two, or in three available.

they need to come out of the 2024 draft with 3 more trench folk. Center, LT or RT and another Dlineman. trading Pickens will help with that.

they need to come out of the 2024 draft with 3 more trench folk. Center, LT or RT and another Dlineman. trading Pickens will help with that.
Problem with trading Pickens is they are already weak at WR.

Not a reach when you pick those guys, but in this draft there really isn't a C without question marks. At least enough to not force a first round pick. If that is the desired approach there is always a trade down in one or up in two, or in three available.
if you read my post it clearly says it is not necessarily a first rounder. "A center without question marks" lol. tell me one pick that doesn't have those. "not a reach when you pick one of those".........Mike Webster,5th rounder.......Dawson 2nd rounder Pouncey and Hartings first rounders. cheers

if you read my post it clearly says it is not necessarily a first rounder. "A center without question marks" lol. tell me one pick that doesn't have those. "not a reach when you pick one of those".........Mike Webster,5th rounder.......Dawson 2nd rounder Pouncey and Hartings first rounders. cheers
Just talking about positioning and value. Been picking a C in just about every mock I have done. If you are ok with one in 2 or 3 we are on the same page. 😉

"and it would 100% be a reach taking them there". I read that quote, if misunderstood i apologize. I am partial to the importance of centers......as you can see. Cheers.
As am I with the proud tradition of centers in Pittsburgh. I wanted Creed in the first round because he was that clean of a prospect with a huge upside. I've wanted centers in the second or third round after that and am pretty locked into taking the best center prospect available in the second round of this draft

Tomlin could lose the next two games by 30 points each and he’s still getting a 3-year contract extension.

And that will secure them in the place that they've been for a decade. Kinda good sometimes,never great,never polished and certainly never elite with the top teams.

If they do not bring in from the outside a new OC&DC they're going to be exactly as they've been.

I'd throw in a qb coach and OL coach as well. They need an elite staff. No buddies,friends or has beens or never beens.

Chess not checkers!

The talks of Tomlin’s extension if true just shows the Steelers contentment with where they’ve been the past decade.

It’s a good story for the casual fan. Like I stated in another post. Tomlin is a stand up guy and would make a great motivational speaker in the real world.

For the serious football fan however. 17 years is too stale.

My personal outtake because I don’t bleed the black & gold as serious anymore. I can only enjoy the ride with the rest of yinz. Whatever happens with the Steelers happens. May I *****, celebrate and enjoy many more years with yinz wankers in the process.

To be fair I was directly talking about you, topseed, and DICk. Everyone else is cool.
There are just people that don’t understand football. Or the English language for that matter. But they talk and talk and talk but no substance actually comes out. It’s a waste of time and energy trying to try to explain things to them. They will make things up and exaggerate to try to make others look wrong. I’ve stood strong on my opinion about Rudolph. I said I don’t know what his ceiling is as he doesn’t have a lot of snaps. But his last three games now have been decent. His career has been “ok.” And I did say he’s probably the best QB on our roster. He never got a fair shot. After the Lions game Tomlin and the fans put him in the doghouse. A game where he had two game winning drives fumbled away by DJ and Freiermuth.

What Rudolph does with his opportunity I don’t know. But I think he probably has earned a chance to play out this season and probably a pay increase next year with us or maybe someone else.
While it's amusing to see that I'm living in your head to the point where you felt the need to bring up my name out of nowhere, I'd have question your assessment of me. I believe that I do "understand football" quite well. Better than most. In fact, I have an acute interest in the game, because my own son is currently being actively recruited by dozens of Power 5 college football programs. I need to understand offensive systems, coaching tendencies, and many other factors based on how they will affect his future. And while I have had some heated discussions and disagreements with many here over the years, you're the first fellow pretentious enough to insult my football IQ. Did it make you feel good? Probably nowhere near as good as your ejaculation when Pickens ran that slant in for a touchdown, I'm sure, but close?

As far as my grasp of the English language, it's rather obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about. Here's some simple, plain English for you: Go eat shlt.

Yes, Mason Rudolph had a good game at home against one of the worst pass defenses in the league, a Bengals team who gives up by far the most yards per attempt in the entire NFL. He played well enough to earn another start, and I'd be interested to see how he might perform on the road against Seattle.

I assumed that you'd be in here patting yourself on the back, and I was right.

The talks of Tomlin’s extension if true just shows the Steelers contentment with where they’ve been the past decade.

It’s a good story for the casual fan. Like I stated in another post. Tomlin is a stand up guy and would make a great motivational speaker in the real world.

For the serious football fan however. 17 years is too stale.

My personal outtake because I don’t bleed the black & gold as serious anymore. I can only enjoy the ride with the rest of yinz. Whatever happens with the Steelers happens. May I *****, celebrate and enjoy many more years with yinz wankers in the process.
If Shades gets an extension, my fandom will take a serious hit. Especially if gets to hire more of his buddies as assistant coaches and coordinators.