• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on bungles game

16 points was not success. We got into the end zone 4 times last night. Scored over 30 for the first time since Ben Roethlisberger. We literally ran the clock out in the 4th qt and only attempted 3 passes.

Bottom line we don’t know what Rudolph is capable of. He has less attempts than Pickett. But if you take his last 3 starts he’s 60% 885 yards 7 Y/A 5/2 with an 87.5 QB rating. That rating would put him middle of the pack. And that’s all we really need with the running game and defense.
If you win it is.
There's no guarantee that Rudy would duplicate his performance if we played the Bengals again, but relatively speaking, which is what you did, I understand what you were trying to get across.
Like you I've always felt that we've never gave Rudy a fair enough shot.

Last edited:
To me..
Just because we’re having this debate after our third string QB made his first start in over two years….is reason for concern as to Kenny being the long term answer at QB..
Who thinks Kenny is the long term answer?
I would be curious as to how they think 13 td in nearly 2 seasons can be a long term answer?
Especially after the no QB can look decent in this offense narrative was put to bed last night.

The defense is all predicated on turnovers. They got them tonight so it was good. Keep on mind down to 4th and fifth options at ILB. Street guy and an old corner at safety. Heyward is really showing age.
I thought the defense had a pretty good game plan early on tonight and took away what Cincinnati was trying to do with Browning.

I would be curious as to how they think 13 td in nearly 2 seasons can be a long term answer?
Especially after the no QB can look decent in this offense narrative was put to bed last night.
The offense is still not good, remember that was a bad defense. It was just a reminder that competent QB play and it was capable of more. Still needs upgrades this offseason.

Random thought. Mincah was not missed last night
Patrick P should have been starting at Safety as soon as it became evident early in the season that his best days were behind him at CB. Much like Rod Woodson.

Honestly my initial thoughts were the team played hard which indicates that Tomlin hasn't lost the team. I think he'll be offered a contract extension if the last 2 games are similar. We have to hope he hires capable Coordinators on both sides of the ball or it's going to be the same old song and dance. I guess the good news is there must be some leadership in the locker room to have turned it 180 degrees from the last 3 games in just 7 days.

Merry Christmas

If you win it is.
There's no guarantee that Rudy would duplicate his performance if we played the Bengals again, but relatively speaking, which is what you did, I understand what you were trying to get across.
Like you I've always felt that we've never gave Rudy a fair enough shot.
I just think he’s earned a shot next week. Vs Seattle his numbers likely come back to earth a bit but we don’t need that game every week. If he can get us 200+ and a team total of 3 touchdowns we have a good chance of winning. The first game vs the bengals the running game was 🔥. Yesterday it was good not great. Having a QB who can take advantage of the defense sitting on the run like the bengals did is all we need.

Minkah still prevents it from being a TD.
Maybe...who knows..
I havnt been impressed, and my faith in Micah has waned this season.

I was however truly impressed with the practice squad players that fielded the back end of our defense last night.
I give high marks to our defensive staff and coach Tomlin for their success yesterday,

Maybe...who knows..
I havnt been impressed, and my faith in Micah has waned this season.

I was however truly impressed with the practice squad players that fielded the back end of our defense last night.
I give high marks to our defensive staff and coach Tomlin for their success yesterday,
Why? The played him significantly more in the box this year limiting his ability to make plays in the secondary.

Browning would have made any secondary look great yesterday.

And we scored 16 points...but, you're not wrong.
You blasted people who aren’t your BFF that pointed that out 4 weeks ago, you are a flip flopping piece of trash who brings nothing to this board but stupid antidotes about sammiches and functions about like a court jester, go f yourself

I can agree with most of this but to say KP didn't show heart is just ridiculous. KP has shown plenty of heart, especially in his handful of come-from-behind wins late in games.
Doesn't fit the agenda, they make **** up as they go along.

Meh. I think our coaching sucks. I think he is/was doing what they asked of him. Not turn the ball over. Not to take chances. I think Tomlin thinks we have an elite defense. I think our defense isn't elite.

Damn. I just did a bunch of thinking there. I have to sit down. I feel a bit lite headed.🥴

Am I wrong, you self righteous loser?

You fancy yourself to be this wise sage and master of this board, anyone paying attention sees you exactly for who you are, this board traffic had declined dramatically the past few years, it’s crustly old farts like you who bash new people with different opinions that have ruined it