• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on bungles game

I blame Walker on that play more than the safeties..
Or the coaches for putting Walker in that position to have to cover Higgins.

Am I wrong, you self righteous loser?

You fancy yourself to be this wise sage and master of this board, anyone paying attention sees you exactly for who you are, this board traffic had declined dramatically the past few years, it’s crustly old farts like you who bash new people with different opinions that have ruined it
Bermuda......yawn

Avoid Lloyd......move *****!!!!!! Get out of my way!!!!!

🤪

Am I wrong, you self righteous loser?

You fancy yourself to be this wise sage and master of this board, anyone paying attention sees you exactly for who you are, this board traffic had declined dramatically the past few years, it’s crustly old farts like you who bash new people with different opinions that have ruined it
*****, your opinion means nothing to me. Be happy that I even replied.

Now go open your Christmas presents like a good wife and make us breakfast...

Now go open your Christmas presents like a good wife and make us breakfast...
I already had breakfast and are about to help with the Xmas cookies. But could use a tasty BLT.,😁

I mostly listened to it yesterday at work and as I was at South Hills Village yesterday evening and was able to stream it on NFL plus while doing that and didn’t watch the game until this morning.
The deep passing game helped take pressure off of the running game.
Darnell needs more targets. It’s just an unfair matchup for linebackers and safeties to try and cover him.
Mason did a good job spreading the wealth during the passing game. Everyone got a piece of the pie.
Calvin Austin needs to get more snaps.
Miles Jack looked good for a guy coming off the couch. His cuts and explosiveness that was missing last year after his groin injury was back. He did a better job than Roberts as the greendot (no disrespect to Roberts as he is a monster). Jack’s IQ is above average. He will be very good next year in the mix with Holcomb and Roberts.
Pat Pete- I thought he did an admirable job at safety. His tackling isn’t like Minkah or Kazee, but his angles were better than last week. Perhaps there is still a spot in this secondary for him next year as another safety.

Now go open your Christmas presents like a good wife and make us breakfast
Hahaha this is hilarious coming from you considering how you’ve reacted to statements like this made towards you and your personal beliefs over the years

Yep he made the secondary look silly. Speaking of I do believe he is a UFA. There would be a wise signing to pair with Pickens.
Tee Higgins would be a great signing for the Steelers. That way you can unload Johnson.

I think we are seeing a classic case of knee jerk reaction. We already knew Mason could throw a good long ball. But a lot of things had to line up for this outcome tonight. A team that didn't win three in a row. A QB hungry for playing time and played like it. A iffy defense.

I will credit the whole team for a victory. But Rudolph is not a long term answer. He just isn't. The reality is Pickett might not be either. But even that isn't locked in...yet.
Rudolph at this point has shown more than Kenny when the Steelers go in with an actual plan.

What stood out was Cowher’s interview with Pat Macafee. He said something along the lines of lining Ben under center and relying on the run game until the defense committed to the run. I saw a lot of that Rudolph yesterday. Warren and Najee had big games and when Rudolph had to throw, the guy delivered.

I’m all for giving the guy a serious look. He’s not a bad QB and seemed to hit his other options when his first read was not available.

Kenny tends to lock onto one target then takes a sack. Rudolph seems to survey the field better *based on yesterday’s game*

I just think he’s earned a shot next week. Vs Seattle his numbers likely come back to earth a bit but we don’t need that game every week. If he can get us 200+ and a team total of 3 touchdowns we have a good chance of winning. The first game vs the bengals the running game was 🔥. Yesterday it was good not great. Having a QB who can take advantage of the defense sitting on the run like the bengals did is all we need.
It will be an interesting decision if Pickett is healthy

Rudolph is not the future but gives us the best chance to win next week

Tomlin is king of just win the next game in front of you

Pickett needs to be evaluated but has never played a game like Rudolph just did as a pro

Tee Higgins would be a great signing for the Steelers. That way you can unload Johnson.
I thought that too. There might be a bidding war for him. I can see Mahomes and Allen licking their chops to get Higgins signed. The other thing is-the Bungles are going to have some room next year on their salary cap.

I am still in the trade pickens crowd. to me he just upped his value.
I'm certainly testing the market. He doesn't have a team first attitude. Just happened he had a very productive game yesterday. But when he doesn't he's a locker room cancer.

I can only imagine what Tee Higgins cost would be. 🤑Probably unrealistic for us and the way the FO thinks. I still think for WR’s the way is through the draft for that 4-5 year contract. And hoping you get “the guy”.
It actually would not shock me if they spent a first in the draft on a WR.

I can only imagine what Tee Higgins cost would be. 🤑Probably unrealistic for us and the way the FO thinks. I still think for WR’s the way is through the draft for that 4-5 year contract. And hoping you get “the guy”.
It actually would not shock me if they spent a first in the draft on a WR.
All depends what they decide to do with Pickens. I think the jury is still out with that.

I think OL (especially C) or DL needs to be high on the list. Or CB.

I am still in the trade pickens crowd. to me he just upped his value.
I totally agree. A great talent,that in my eyes will never,ever sign a second contract with the Steelers. He’ll be gone the second FA opens the door. Unless,of course we offer him the highest WR contract in the league.

All depends what they decide to do with Pickens. I think the jury is still out with that.

I think OL (especially C) or DL needs to be high on the list. Or CB.
I certainly don’t agree with drafting a WR in the first. I’ve been screaming for a top pick on a center since Pouncey started sailing the pigskin over Ben’s head.

I certainly don’t agree with drafting a WR in the first. I’ve been screaming for a top pick on a center since Pouncey started sailing the pigskin over Ben’s head.
If a top C is available at our pick 100%.