• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Inside the Antonio Brown Steelers Drama

Your first objective always is to "solve the problem". The question is, what are Brown's issues with the team and management and what are the team's issues with him?

Once THAT has been established, you can begin working out whether the split can be reconciled and if so, what the best way of doing that is. The GOAL is to fix the problem, not just throw the baby out with the bath-water. Brown IS the best receiver in the game. And his performance and history with the team deserve an opportunity for his side of the story and the problem to be heard and resolved.

Right now the biggest issue is that Brown isn't communicating with anybody except in "trumpian" tweets that do nothing but continue to exacerbate the issues. They ALL need to sit down in a room and get the cards on the table so everyone can see what the real issue is and begin working out how to resolve it if that's even possible.

Your first objective always is to "solve the problem". The question is, what are Brown's issues with the team and management and what are the team's issues with him?

Once THAT has been established, you can begin working out whether the split can be reconciled and if so, what the best way of doing that is. The GOAL is to fix the problem, not just throw the baby out with the bath-water. Brown IS the best receiver in the game. And his performance and history with the team deserve an opportunity for his side of the story and the problem to be heard and resolved.

Right now the biggest issue is that Brown isn't communicating with anybody except in "trumpian" tweets that do nothing but continue to exacerbate the issues. They ALL need to sit down in a room and get the cards on the table so everyone can see what the real issue is and begin working out how to resolve it if that's even possible.

I agree with yaz wig but it isn't always that simple, as you have said. It may never happen as to getting them in a room and ironing things out. His agent may be the only one to come to that meeting. Is AB willing to sit out without pay and the STEELERS demanding back pro-rated money????? That is the real question and if he shows and causes detriment to the team will he be suspended (without pay)?? Lots of questions especialy when the one who can give the answers is M.I.A.. If the squabble can be settled (highly doubtful due to ego), then you keep him but you don't risk the rest of the team to find out so you trade for highest value. AGAIN, AB needs to be there to answer the questions with his take on why all this is happening and if he "no shows", well then you have to move on.

Salute the nation

This problem cannot be solved. This isn't about money, playing time,, usage, offensive strategy,, etc.. this is about his head. He showed his *** in the past. He showed it again at the end of the season and with the tweets and depicting himself in a 49r uniform. The problem now to be solved is how do we get max compensation.

Just to clear things up a little,........ the couch landed in a hot tub, ruining it a total loss & it was a tall vase that neared the 14 month infant by three feet. Brown still has issues and I truly think they are head trauma related.

Salute the nation

Quit making ******* excuses for the prick. Its not head-trauma related, goddamnit.

I kinda wandered about that too. He seems to be rapidly getting worse and that shot that Birth defect gave him the other year was brutal.

Nonsense. He has always been in love with, and full of, himself. He's egotistical, me-first, primadonna. He's not the first, he wont be the last person like this.

So, what, should we go ahead and say terrell owens and chad johnson just had some "head trauma"?? Give me a ******* break, thats some idiotic bullshit right there

I think Ryan Clark hit the nail on the head some weeks ago. AB always had this personality, just add the money and all the accolades and you've created a monster. I don't blame head trauma, I blame a combination of inflated ego and low IQ with maybe some recreational drug use thrown into the mix.

Just to clear things up a little,........ the couch landed in a hot tub, ruining it a total loss & it was a tall vase that neared the 14 month infant by three feet. Brown still has issues and I truly think they are head trauma related.

Salute the nation

I’m
Surprised he was able to lift the couch over the railing

Brown seems to have plenty of time to take a phone call... he’s in Ariel’s and Caicos chilling.

Seems to me he never mentally graduated from the area he grew up in.

I would like to go on record and say I a think I am only poster that has not started a Bell or Ab post in last year.

I am torn on AB. I do think we should trade hmi if we get a great deal. some how I have in my head a 1st and 3rd round pick. But I remember up in training camp his 1st 3 or 4 years how hard he worked, always the last guy off field, always finished on the jugs machine catching balls, always signed autographs. I completely remember Tomlin calling out eli Rodgers his 1st or 2nd year saying, when AB is still practicing, you should be also. I want that AB back. I don't want the version we have now.

Reactions: JMM
I would like to go on record and say I a think I am only poster that has not started a Bell or Ab post in last year.

I am torn on AB. I do think we should trade hmi if we get a great deal. some how I have in my head a 1st and 3rd round pick. But I remember up in training camp his 1st 3 or 4 years how hard he worked, always the last guy off field, always finished on the jugs machine catching balls, always signed autographs. I completely remember Tomlin calling out eli Rodgers his 1st or 2nd year saying, when AB is still practicing, you should be also. I want that AB back. I don't want the version we have now.

Yep I try to tell people that and this board this is not the original AB. There was a AB that hung out and bullshitted outfront of the training camp gym. A humble AB. Money and fame changes some people. It got to AB in the worst way allowed to fester by a HC, and buddies that never call him out on ****. You know the same buddies that won't be there when the well runs dry.

I am not sure if he is savable. I would like to think he can be. But it sure isn't leaning that way.

Last edited:
At this point Brown should be utilized for what he is; bargaining capital. Trying to "salvage" his relationship with the Steelers is a futile attempt and will be perceived as *** kissing by Brown. Does anybody think his aberrant behavior will change?
No, the Steelers need to get the best deal they can with a team willing to offer something of value that hopefully includes a Defensive playmaker (Patrick Peterson).
Do the Jags have skin in this game? Hope so, I'd like to see how "Open for business" Brown would be working for a ball buster no nonsense Tom Coughlin!

At this point Brown should be utilized for what he is; bargaining capital. Trying to "salvage" his relationship with the Steelers is a futile attempt and will be perceived as *** kissing by Brown. Does anybody think his aberrant behavior will change?
No, the Steelers need to get the best deal they can with a team willing to offer something of value that hopefully includes a Defensive playmaker (Patrick Peterson).
Do the Jags have skin in this game? Hope so, I'd like to see how "Open for business" Brown would be working for a ball buster no nonsense Tom Coughlin!
Like some others have said I would rather trade him to a NFC team if possible. I would give AB and the Steelers late one for Niners 1st and call it a day.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Our 1st and AB for their 1st and third would be much better but zI take best I can get and make the deal. I don't see a way he could be kept and have cohesion left on this team. I don't see our miracle worker HC changing ing his style enough to manage if keeping AB. I also think AB is damaged goods at this point and would get best value in trade than what we get in return on field, on field includes team mate and the responsibilities of being and promoting STEELERS (not his ******* meMEme image).

Salute the nation

Like some others have said I would rather trade him to a NFC team if possible. I would give AB and the Steelers late one for Niners 1st and call it a day.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Doesn't matter where Brown ends up, if they don't have a QB of Ben Roethlisberger's caliber Brown will be just another selfish WR that will ultimately implode

How about We trade you Aaron Jones for Brown?

Hmmmm. 2nd year player. Injured knee late in the season. We have Connor, but if Jones is healthy and don’t mind being in a rotation, sure include a 1st and a 3rd. That would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I’d trade Brown for Derwin James and the Chargers 3rd rounder.

I'm just wondering still if we will be able to get two first rounders from the Browns for Bell. Along with what we get for AB we will be set.