• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Interesting...JohnnyLaw just got suspended...

It didn't look like she did anything wrong. If she said something I couldn't hear it or understand it. You can't go slamming girls to the ground by their hair. She wasn't a threat. The cop seemed pretty inept at handling the situation in general. This is what the Ferguson rioters have caused. Cops are paranoid as hell now, even dealing with a small teenage fight. I probably would've broken out the tear gas if they didn't disperse and also tazed the **** out of those within reach.

This is not a black on white thing. This kind of stuff is going on throughout most neighborhoods in America. It seems like the 1st thing a cop does when he/she stops someone is to pull their guns. It's actually really scary out there. I watch way too many episodes of COPS.

we've had to run off kids and adults from our townhome community pool more than a few times. it seems there's a basic lack of respect among people.

I told a group of college kids to get out of our pool once. A few days later, I saw the same group back in the pool. So, again, I told them to get out and not come back.

"White ************, who are you!? I'll come to this goddamn pool whenever I want to." - exactly what I was told. So I told this jackass I was calling the police. All i saw where the bottoms of their feet when they started running.

so I can totally understand why someone would respond with telling a kid to get back to their Section 8 pool. Not that it's right, but I can understand. The article paints the children as innocent church-goers just looking to splash around. Which is 99% of the time not the case.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...aught-video-grabbing-black-girl-hair-sitting/

Before anyone spouts off about "us against them" or "you're stirring the pot" - READ the whole darn article and watch the video...

The police officer's actions are appalling.

#Rant done...

I really have a problem with the cop breaking out his gun, but then a couple of the kids came up from behind him unexpectedly and I think he clearly overreacted.

What do you expect to happen when the kids were basically ignoring his commands or outright arguing with him... did anyone NOT expect it to escalate?

I agree that his actions were over the top and the suspension and investigation are deserved, but this is exactly the result of a youth culture that has no respect for any kind of authority.

The cop was unnecessarily belligerent. He is the kind of bad cop that makes things hard on the good cops out there. The circumstances of how the party came to be are shady at best but the police should have been patient and first announced for everyone to leave and not just started screaming out orders and grabbing and slamming people. This is what I am talking when I say the militant us against them attitude that many LEOs and agencies exhibit. These will be the cops that come to enforce civilian disarmament and implement Agenda 21.

This is not a black on white thing. This kind of stuff is going on throughout most neighborhoods in America. It seems like the 1st thing a cop does when he/she stops someone is to pull their guns. It's actually really scary out there. I watch way too many episodes of COPS.

This is/was my thought IMMEDIATELY. Why are our peace officers grabbing loaded weapons before the taser??? Some things are just stupid - this was one of them.

The other part that jumped out at me was at the end of the article - why does a grown adult need to start a fight with a teenager, who disagrees with a statement made by "the upset owners"??? Bizarre...

The cop was unnecessarily belligerent. He is the kind of bad cop that makes things hard on the good cops out there. The circumstances of how the party came to be are shady at best but the police should have been patient and first announced for everyone to leave and not just started screaming out orders and grabbing and slamming people. This is what I am talking when I say the militant us against them attitude that many LEOs and agencies exhibit. These will be the cops that come to enforce civilian disarmament and implement Agenda 21.

Agreed. Martial law cannot be far away.

Seeing as none of us were there - we don't know what "really" sparked this event to take place. The article implies that there was an "open invitation" to this pool and the residents did not like see kids, not from their neighborhood there. But, here's where I start to get irritated...

Had the police simply made themselves visible - I don't think this plays out the way it did. Yes, I totally agree that some of the youth today, have no regard for authority - which is why you'll here me say and support "it takes a village to raise a kid". Why, couldn't the residents approach some of the non-residents and simply ask them "what brings you to our recreational area today?"

The police department’s claim that “juveniles were now actively fighting” may also be literally true, but subsequent reporting suggests that white adults who lived in the neighborhood bear the lion’s share of the blame for this fighting. According to teens interviewed by BuzzFeed News, “the police were called after a fight broke out between adults and youths at the pool after the adults made racist comments telling the black children to leave the area and return to ‘Section 8 [public] housing.’” One white teen added that “when she and her friends objected to the racist comments about public housing an adult woman then became violent.”

Seems like there's an adult (that wasn't captured on film) who should have been arrested.

I kind of think it is the way they're trained. They are taught now that the most important thing is to make sure they go home safe and sound at the end of their shift.

1. Your being arrested and cop wants you to get down, or whatever. Don't resist and you won't get the knee, elbow, or what ever in the back. Regardless of age, race, etc. if your in the right and they are in the wrong it will come out. Fight,...well you get what's coming.

2. You charge a police officer in the heat of a moment while they are trying to obtain order. You desire what's coming and for the cop to protect himself/herself. Regardless of age, race,..etc. I see person charge him, a gun pulled, person leave, gun holstered.

1. Your being arrested and cop wants you to get down, or whatever. Don't resist and you won't get the knee, elbow, or what ever in the back. Regardless of age, race, etc. if your in the right and they are in the wrong it will come out. Fight,...well you get what's coming.

2. You charge a police officer in the heat of a moment while they are trying to obtain order. You desire what's coming and for the cop to protect himself/herself. Regardless of age, race,..etc. I see person charge him, a gun pulled, person leave, gun holstered.

As the wise Diamond Dave once said, don't pick a fight with the cops in the heat of the moment. Doesn't matter if you are right and they are wrong, in that moment you will lose if not get killed. Yes officer, no officer, and STFU. If you are right and they are wrong then go to court later.

Bad situation all around. Too many people and the cop(s) were out numbered. I see why tensions became heated when the hot-headed PO got antsy. It was hard to watch how he sat on the girl and pulled out his gun. He should lose his job. If he can't remain calm, someone will get hurt or killed down the road. Seems to be a loose cannon, but if he thought his life was threatened, then there is that side of the story, as well. Reason #156,768 why I wouldn't want to be a cop today.

As the wise Diamond Dave once said, don't pick a fight with the cops in the heat of the moment. Doesn't matter if you are right and they are wrong, in that moment you will lose if not get killed. Yes officer, no officer, and STFU. If you are right and they are wrong then go to court later.

Who's this DD you speak of? Sounds like a bad dude.

Cop isn't fit for the job. He has stripes and crumbles under pressure.... This is evident with his language.

The horse **** people are making this out to be need to go back under their rock with rev Al.

If a cop tells me multiple times to leave, I leave... No cell phone video needed.

We don't know what happened before this, obviously SOMETHING happened that had those cops sprinting at the beginning, I don't think they'd be running like that if it was just "kids refusing to leave the pool".. You have two cops and a horde of teens who are being belligerent, not following instructions, and approaching the cops to mouth off to them. I think the cop way overreacted but this is a situation that could have gotten completely out of control in a hurry. The girl was humiliated I'm sure but ultimately no one got hurt which is after all, the goal.

And the funny thing is every time there is a shooting people come out of the woodwork saying "why did the cop have to shoot, why couldn't he use his body/billy club/taser etc."? Then when a cop does this he's vilified too. Was she a direct threat to him? No, Was she someone who could have escalated the situation into something very dangerous? Absolutely. He was trying to maintain order and this girl was doing everything she could to disrupt that. Even after he had her on the ground she was still refusing to comply. Would people be happier if he had tased her or hit her instead of holding her down on the ground?

Interesting....I went to read the article Bermy posted to compare it to the stories I have read from different websites, and it told me the link was no longer available.

An acquaintance of mine's husband works for the McKinney PD. The story in the media is NOTHING like what really happened. The party got out of control because it was illegally held at that pool. The host paid for a DJ and expected just a few friends. According to the pool rules, a person is allowed 2 guest passes. The host went ahead and held the party anyway, which was advertised on social media. Eyewitnesses say that all races were involved in the fight....that the pool's security guard asked them to leave and then they wouldn't. The actual video is 7 minutes long and what has been released doesn't show the whole incident.