• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Interesting...JohnnyLaw just got suspended...

why should the homeowners be punished? they're the ones who called, not the sweet, respectful angels wanting to frolic in a sprinkler.

Look at the video without preconcieved notions Buster. They are all moving away from the walled pool area..

They are not doing what they are repeatedly told. Are you really unable to comprehend that? I hope that you are just being stubborn.

Of course, let's forget about the security guard and mother of 3 who were supposedly harassed and or assaulted. They don't deserve any justice.

Yup, it was all about race:

Video surfaces of ‘not so innocent’ pool party before cops showed up in Texas

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/06...-cops-showed-up-in-texas-211818#ixzz3cXJZQD5b

"And while just about everyone can agree that the officer who pulled his gun was dangerously overreacting — and doing so in a way that could have been tragic — the news that there was already physical violence on the scene is definitely affecting some views. 'So...police were responding to a violent brawl, not a "teen pool party." Hmmm.""

Black McKinney resident pays for defending cops: Kids were ‘thugs . . . Not EVERYTHING is about RACE’

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/06...ere-thugs-not-everything-is-about-race-212018

CEO Mr. Embry (African American) posted on Facebook:
"Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok! MediaTakeout.com posts a story showing only 7 minutes of a 30 minute ordeal, makes it racial and all the activist come a running. Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all. A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issuses [sic] that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes."

You guessed it, he's now an Uncle Tom, a sell out. He's received death threats at his place of work...

Isn't it strange how oddly similar this is to the way the gay mafia acts? If you don't share our beliefs, factual or not, we'll threaten to kill you.

I love Amerika.

Well you've certainly done a 180 since your original reply.

it's expected, though. Not with only Indy, but with anyone that gets more details of the situation. It's easy to spout off when you think you know the details, but more come out and eyes are a little wider. Looking at that video first time, did you know there were 16 more minutes of that with no video? I didn't. I still think the cop went overboard, but there is a whole lot of light that was brought to everyone's attention we weren't aware of.
The party planning for months, harassing of residents, many non-residential guests, etc. Views and opinions change when the facts come to light.
Oh, and the media sucks! They need brought down a few pegs, as well for adding fuel to the racial fire going on. Tell the whole story, not only the juicy parts.

Last edited:
Each of those situations should be evaluated based on facts and evidence, without regard to the color of anyone's skin. Whenever a black person is harmed by a white person, especially if it's a white police officer, it is immediately assumed now by the media and others to be racially motivated. Despite exhaustive investigation by local and federal authorities, there has been not a shred of evidence that Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin were shot for being black. Yet that myth persists. This pool situation is being portrayed as racist white people who don't want black kids at their pool, when the facts seem to be that this is a racially diverse neighborhood where black people live and are members of the pool and normally co-exist perfectly peacefully with white people.

When the facts and evidence show clear misconduct on the part of the police against a black person, you will see very, very few white people defending those actions. Yet when you try to point out how the choices of a black person got them into trouble or contributed to the issue, it is never, ever accepted as fact and we are never supposed to assign them any responsibility.So, this girl has no responsibility for refusing to comply, continuing to mouth off to police and attempting to incite a riot. No, she's just being persecuted because she's black.

Not disagreeing with you.

But, unfortunately, some of us see things differently because of the "every day" incidents that we undergo. Not sure if I've shared my personal incident (probable did), but, I'll do it again for the new readers...

Most of you know that I had to move from my island home of Bermuda to the US - due to the poor economy a few years back. I work for Deutsche Bank. Our US headquarters is on Wall St. - in NYC. Long story short - I'm educated and I dress for success EVERY DAY - especially when I'm at 60 Wall...

While coming back from lunch one day, I entered the elevator with two white women, who were already on. Both women "cringed" and "clutched" their purses as if I wanted to rob them. I was offended and I waited until they were about to get off, "have a nice day and I don't need anything from either of your purses - I'm happily married and the Bank pays me well". The looks received were priceless - both women "love" me now and often have me over for dinner with their families...

Not every situation turns out like mine - so, some people hold grudges from these little injustices - both black and white.

"Why can't we all just get along?" is an understatement...

That should not have happened. The difference you don't seem to realize is that you were not breaking the law and in these high profile stores that make the news, someone is. Nothing in this video makes me believe that anything would have been different if the entire crowd was white. If you let your experience influence your perception of other situations, isn't that racism?

My question is, "Can't we all obey the law and do the right thing?". If so, I think it would be much more likely that we can all get along.

But, unfortunately, some of us see things differently because of the "every day" incidents that we undergo. Not sure if I've shared my personal incident (probable did), but, I'll do it again for the new readers...

Most of you know that I had to move from my island home of Bermuda to the US - due to the poor economy a few years back. I work for Deutsche Bank. Our US headquarters is on Wall St. - in NYC. Long story short - I'm educated and I dress for success EVERY DAY - especially when I'm at 60 Wall...

While coming back from lunch one day, I entered the elevator with two white women, who were already on. Both women "cringed" and "clutched" their purses as if I wanted to rob them. I was offended and I waited until they were about to get off, "have a nice day and I don't need anything from either of your purses - I'm happily married and the Bank pays me well". The looks received were priceless - both women "love" me now and often have me over for dinner with their families...

Not every situation turns out like mine - so, some people hold grudges from these little injustices - both black and white.

Berm,

I appreciate your story, I do. And it sucks that you or anyone who "looks" different has to go through those things. And glad it turned out as well as it did.

I just hope everyone keeps in mind, this happens to all of us in differing degrees, whether we are overweight, white (yes, white - try playing basketball in PG County in MD every weekend in tournaments with your white son), tattoo'd, visibly gay or lesbian, short, too tall, suffering from Downs Syndrome, etc. Far too many of us have been avoided, leered at, and generally made to feel inferior for the way we look.

Yes, each of the above examples are different and not the same. But I can appreciate it on several personal levels. Here's one.

I've mentioned numerous times that I coach youth football. A couple years ago, my son and I left our predominantly white, upper middle class football league and joined a lower income, primarily black football league. There was one kid on my son's team that didn't take long to find a spot in my heart. I'll call him "Jerry." He's 12, African American, has a smile that will light up a room, is funny, and man is he talented - and I don't mean athletically. He's witty and clever, and you can tell he's smart. But he gets low grades due to his situation. He lives with an Aunt sometimes, an Uncle other times, and sometimes gets to visit and spend time with his mom, recently released from jail. Kid's got a tough life. I've learned most of this recently.

We had a playoff game last fall in Coney Island, NY. He asked to ride home with my family. An hour into the drive, he and my son are sound asleep in the back, literally sleeping and drooling on each other (yeah, gross but sorta cute). He got to my house hours later, and soon was saying "Can I stay with you guys the rest of the weekend?" So he did. Come Sunday, Jerry didn't wanna go home.

Since, he's been our guest countless weekends or over spring break for 5 days. He calls me every week, always asking if he can come over. He's like a member of the family when he's here. And we've grown to love him. In fact, when we drop him off on Sundays, he says as he walks away every time "Love you guys!" He throws us hugs without thinking about it. It is just awesome.

I picked him up Friday. I showed up in "the hood" and he came running to me, wrapping his arms around me - "Hey Coach!" We hugged for 15 seconds...while I got the dirtiest and weirdest looks you can ever imagine by the saggy drawers, and the young black mothers all lingering on the sidewalks.

My son had a basketball tournament he played in all weekend at the University of MD, on their court. At one point, we are standing in a thick crowd, in between games, and Jerry turns around and for no reason wraps his arms around me and just hugs me. The crowd was maybe 30% white. The looks I got from both races was priceless. You could tell people were wondering things like "Is he adopted?" or "Is that his basketball coach?" or "What's wrong with that kid?" or "What's wrong with that dad?"

I get this is nothing at all like being black and walking in your shoes. It's not close. But I can appreciate what it's like.

I don't deny things like that happen (and I'm sorry it happened to you). I don't deny racial profiling exists, I don't deny racist people and cops exist, I don't deny some cops are real ******** in general. What I protest is innocent people paying for these transgressions. Now, as I've said this cop isn't exactly innocent. He lost his temper and he deserves repercussions for that. But now he is the latest "racist-cop" poster boy, is losing his job, losing any chance at a normal life, getting death threats? I don't think he deserves that when some of these kids share in the responsibility for what happened. And again, nobody got hurt. And we keep hearing about a pattern here when each of these high profile cases involve a unique and somewhat complex set of facts. We shouldn't be judging the actions of any individual on a so-called "pattern" that doesn't actually exist.

If we're all gonna get along we all have to look at these types of situations in a balanced, rational and unbiased way, stop jumping to conclusions, and come from the idea that we ought to help police do their jobs well, not see how far we can push them before they respond in a way we don't like. I assume you teach your children, as I teach mine, to be respectful of LEOs, for their own safety and the safety of others.

There were some kids in that video who've been taught right and guess what? The police didn't mess with them. Respect is a mutual thing.

Let's keep the PC train rolling.

CNN)Forty-two people were killed in Baltimore in May, making it the deadliest month there since 1972.

When asked what's behind that number, a Baltimore police officer gave an alarming answer. Basically, he said, the good guys are letting the bad guys win.

"The criminal element feels as though that we're not going to run the risk of chasing them if they are armed with a gun, and they're using this opportunity to settle old beefs, or scores, with people that they have conflict with," the officer said. "I think the public really, really sees that they asked for a softer, less aggressive police department, and we have given them that, and now they are realizing that their way of thinking does not work."

He was one of two active Baltimore police officers who spoke to CNN on Tuesday about crime in their city. They also touched on the death of Freddie Gray, a young black man who died in police custody, and the riots that followed.

The officers were not given permission to speak from their department. Because of that, and in an attempt to allow them to talk candidly, CNN agreed on their condition of anonymity.

Both said the Baltimore Police Department is simply reacting to events instead of being proactive. They talked about feeling abandoned by their leadership and feeling scared -- not about being hurt, necessarily, but about being charged criminally for doing what they see as their job. Six officers have been charged in Gray's death, which has been ruled a homicide.

I wonder what the demographics are for the assailants and the victims of those murders. I bet my guess would be pretty accurate.

I wonder what the demographics are for the assailants and the victims of those murders. I bet my guess would be pretty accurate.

Yep. And not one of those 42 lives means a damn. Al and Jesse can't turn those deaths into something political. Sadly, they are all numbers, while Freddie Gray will forever be a saint and doted upon.

I'll say....

attachment.php
Not to mention the golf outfit he wore that inspired Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.

The attorney for the mouthy girl who was subdued stated that her aunt has legal guardianship. Another example of lack of structure in broken homes.

The policeman who resigned answered an attempted suicide call and a successful (?) suicide call right before he went to this party call. The attempted suicide was a teenage girl who was wanting to jump off a building. He had to talk her down. The call right before that one was the police officer comforting a mother and son who witnessed their husband/father shoot himself in the head.

We don't know what police go through on an every day basis. They have emotional calls. Yes, I know that you can't let your emotions get the better of you, especially in a law enforcement scenario, BUT...come on. It's next to impossible NOT to.

They have emotional calls. Yes, I know that you can't let your emotions get the better of you, especially in a law enforcement scenario, BUT...come on. It's next to impossible NOT to.

We need the ED-209!!

Problem solved.

The policeman who resigned answered an attempted suicide call and a successful (?) suicide call right before he went to this party call. The attempted suicide was a teenage girl who was wanting to jump off a building. He had to talk her down. The call right before that one was the police officer comforting a mother and son who witnessed their husband/father shoot himself in the head.

We don't know what police go through on an every day basis. They have emotional calls. Yes, I know that you can't let your emotions get the better of you, especially in a law enforcement scenario, BUT...come on. It's next to impossible NOT to.

that is for sure, the cops are human, too. Everyday, they are not certain if they will go home at the end of their shift. They get too much **** and not enough credit for the work they do day in and day out. Most of us are an armchair jury and it's easy to sit here and criticize. The fact that no one lost their life in McKinney, TX should be a positive thing. If the worst thing that happened was the girl was taken to the ground, then it's better than talking about a funeral. I know it's not that simple, but everyone got to go home.

Now the next teen is dead because this officer is no longer on the force.