• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Iran

Word must have come from Putin, Trump's foreign policy advisor, to back the **** off. Ever the loyal servant, Trump was happy to oblige.

Reopen the investigation!!!!!

giphy.gif

probably the Jews doing this to get us to blow up Iran's nuclear hopes.

I saw we fall for it and blow the nuclear **** out of Iran

Word must have come from Putin, Trump's foreign policy advisor, to back the **** off. Ever the loyal servant, Trump was happy to oblige.

You have no clue what's really going on, do you? From Reuters 7 days ago:

MOSCOW (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said relations between Moscow and Washington were getting worse and worse, noting in an interview published on Thursday that the current U.S. administration had imposed dozens of sanctions on Russia.

“They (our relations) are going downhill, they are getting worse and worse,” Putin told the Mir TV channel, according to a Kremlin transcript.

“The current administration has approved, in my opinion, several dozen decisions on sanctions against Russia in recent years.”

But Obama:

obama-medvedev.png

And if he said it was a big deal and action must be taken he'd be a war monger. There is no winning with you people and you know it. It's all a silly game of politics and fake outrage.

Spot on. There will never be a win, not allowed.

from cnbc, Tibsy:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/17/ira...atsye9QQhM2xAZE48EpS8lnqMr0fQB3JdVy3u3tbRKD5E

DUBAI — Iran will surpass the internationally agreed limit on its low-enriched uranium stockpiles in 10 days, the country’s atomic energy body said Monday.

A spokesperson for the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization said that the country would increase enrichment levels to 20% — significantly closer to weapons-grade material — for use in local reactors, but emphasized that Europe still had a chance to rescue the 2015 nuclear deal if its remaining signatories found a way to shield the Islamic Republic from the crippling effect of U.S. economic sanctions.

“We have quadrupled the rate of enrichment and even increased it more recently, so that in 10 days it will bypass the 300 kilogram limit,” Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization spokesman Behrouz Kamalvandi said on state TV, as quoted by Reuters. “There is still time ... if European countries act.”

Iran would be exceeding its internationally-agreed enrichment cap of 3.67%, which is the amount allowed for civilian nuclear power development. Weapons-grade enrichment is 90%, but according to nuclear experts, reaching 3 to 4% enrichment equates to roughly two-thirds of the work done toward that 90% figure, as any increases beyond that seemingly small amount disproportionately speeds up breakout time.

Tehran is threatening to roll back its obligations under the nuclear deal a year after the Trump administration withdrew from it and reimposed punishing sanctions on the Iranian economy, most significantly its oil sector, the country’s largest source of revenue.

The nuclear agreement, officially known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), was meant to offer Iran financial relief from sanctions in exchange for curbs to its nuclear program and was signed under the Obama administration along with the U.S., France, Germany, the U.K., Russia and China.

The deal’s non-U.S. signatories opposed the Trump administration’s withdrawal and have pledged to keep the deal alive, even going so far as creating a special-purpose vehicle that could facilitate trade with Iran while skirting U.S. secondary sanctions.

Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization spokesman said Monday that European leaders needed to “act, not talk.”

------------------------------

you know who you have to thank for that, right, Tibs?

obama-happy-waving-ap.jpg

Putin said something eye-opening recently. The next war he says will be fought with 1's and 0's. He's referring to a cyber attack that can shut down entire power grids. With no electric power for a year, it is estimated that well over 50% of the population would die. A business would have a tough time well, a reason why the USA is in the Russian power grids as if to say don't you dare.

If Iran sinks an oil tanker it would be an ecological disaster, and the UA would likey take out some of their nuclear sites. Trump is not a welcome fool as Obama was, but he has to deal with Putin.

This will only escalate if Iran continues to be aggressive. They have done this in the past, attacking tankers in the Straight of Hormuz. They do it when they the sanctions and global community back them in a corner (and it's working).

If they continue to do it, I would not be shocked at a bomber strike by U.S. fighters on a few "key" targets in Iran. Maybe they wipe out some of Iran's fighters. Maybe they knock out a key oil pipeline or something. Maybe a port.

If Iran takes that as an act of War, we'll see what their next step is. I don't really know what Iran wants. Would they invade a neighbor? Would they invade Iraq?

It's unclear what Iran wants other than removal of the embargo and sanctions. Violence by them isn't going to work.

There is NO WAY we send ground troops onto Iran's soil. NO WAY to we invade with the intent to topple the government. Anyone in the media that is throwing that idea around is just fear mongering for clicks and eyeballs. The most aggressive we get in this case is air strikes and wait and see if Iran wants to escalate it from there. Personally, they can't afford a war. They have hyper inflation. Their currency has dramatically been devalued. Unemployment is high. They can become a proxy state of Russia and China if they want (with a propped up economy) but that's not what is best.

This will only escalate if Iran continues to be aggressive. They have done this in the past, attacking tankers in the Straight of Hormuz. They do it when they the sanctions and global community back them in a corner (and it's working).

If they continue to do it, I would not be shocked at a bomber strike by U.S. fighters on a few "key" targets in Iran. Maybe they wipe out some of Iran's fighters. Maybe they knock out a key oil pipeline or something. Maybe a port.

If Iran takes that as an act of War, we'll see what their next step is. I don't really know what Iran wants. Would they invade a neighbor? Would they invade Iraq?

It's unclear what Iran wants other than removal of the embargo and sanctions. Violence by them isn't going to work.

There is NO WAY we send ground troops onto Iran's soil. NO WAY to we invade with the intent to topple the government. Anyone in the media that is throwing that idea around is just fear mongering for clicks and eyeballs. The most aggressive we get in this case is air strikes and wait and see if Iran wants to escalate it from there. Personally, they can't afford a war. They have hyper inflation. Their currency has dramatically been devalued. Unemployment is high. They can become a proxy state of Russia and China if they want (with a propped up economy) but that's not what is best.

I'm not for invading them with troops. I'm for bombing the ever-loving **** out of them. Trump bombed Syria and they've STFU ever since.

I'm not for invading them with troops. I'm for bombing the ever-loving **** out of them. Trump bombed Syria and they've STFU ever since.

Settle down Lee Harvey. Trump ran as a non interventionist, anti-war, anti-politician politician. The mullahs run around stirring **** everywhere, it's what they do, and the tried and true MIC is jonesing for war, don't give it to them. **** em. If ayatollah and the shias hurt one single American, glass em and be done. Don't ask for permission, don't ask for weapons to arm rebels, don't ask for dim blessings. War as an industry fails 90% of the time.

Politically, the very Last thing he needs is to drop scuds on them.

Settle down Lee Harvey. Trump ran as a non interventionist, anti-war, anti-politician politician. The mullahs run around stirring **** everywhere, it's what they do, and the tried and true MIC is jonesing for war, don't give it to them. **** em. If ayatollah and the shias hurt one single American, glass em and be done. Don't ask for permission, don't ask for weapons to arm rebels, don't ask for dim blessings. War as an industry fails 90% of the time.

Politically, the very Last thing he needs is to drop scuds on them.

Party pooper.

It's time to thank Putin for his advice and bomb the **** out of Iran's missile bases and anything nuclear.

Trump seems to be giving them some wiggle room by saying they might have made a mistake. That's an extremely well coordinated mistake.

Trump seems to be giving them some wiggle room by saying they might have made a mistake. That's an extremely well coordinated mistake.

I think his tweet is more about foreshadowing his intentions, ie they've made a very big mistake and now they're gonna pay for it. I've always figured he'd start a war with a tweet, sooner or later.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Iran made a very big mistake!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1141711064305983488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 20, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe they thought it was a flying pig. Don’t they dislike pork/swine?

I think his tweet is more about foreshadowing his intentions, ie they've made a very big mistake and now they're gonna pay for it. I've always figured he'd start a war with a tweet, sooner or later.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Iran made a very big mistake!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1141711064305983488?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 20, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If that happens, Iran can look in the mirror and blame themselves. Trump isn't starting ****.

Iran torpedoes a tanker and shoots down a $100 million drone, but Trump started it? You're a ******* nut.

Iran torpedoes a tanker and shoots down a $100 million drone, but Trump started it? You're a ******* nut.

That’s just what US Intelligence says. Since when did Trump start believing them.

Tweets. Lol.

His tweets have made more impact from the simple point of “is this ****** serious” than anything. Much better than standing before the American people staring red line that can’t be crossed, and they are...move it back...etc.

Who the **** is leaking what went on behind the scenes on our position on Iran? Latest leak via the NYT (might be BS obviously) saying Trump had military ready to go and then changed course. Swamp people need to start going to jail.

Who the **** is leaking what went on behind the scenes on our position on Iran? Latest leak via the NYT (might be BS obviously) saying Trump had military ready to go and then changed course. Swamp people need to start going to jail.

Could be part of the "game" to scare Iran. If they think they were THAT close to getting bombed might scare some sense into them. If it was a true leak then that is dangerous on many levels.