• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's been fun, Ben

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
But yeaaahh, you should probably just go ahead and make the announcement now, that this is your last season. You are absolutely done. Any attempt to play additional seasons is going to be very, very bad, for your legacy, and for this team.

While I won’t ague that he looks like he packed it in already. But how can we pin all those tipped passes, falling down wr.on him?

How about this stat. As I look now. 15 carries for bell. Why?

Being down two scores for the last third of the game. If it were a one score game or less, he wouldve seen 25 carries im sure.

Being down two scores for the last third of the game. If it were a one score game or less, he wouldve seen 25 carries im sure.

Sure but they didn’t use him properly. ;-).

Last pick is in Ben. 100%. Juju was open cutting inside. Wtf was this toss it up bs.

Damn....wonder what my life would look like If I quit after a bad day at the office, or a “stretch” of bad days?

He’s not a QB we can count on anymore. Plain and simple. He’s Tommy Maddox, might be able to get us to a WC game but that’s as far as we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be ok with tanking for a QB next year. Start Dobb and Landry the rest of the way and get a top 5 pick with the hopes of a franchise QB. Then again, we might be able to reach that with Ben at QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok maybe. But if Im Tomlin I still pull him in a room and ask him if he is done and what he thinks of Todd Haley. I think Todd is ****** useless. Ive never liked him I think he is ***. He passes when he should run and runs when he should pass. I also look at myself and ask why Ive benched my best slot against a zone team in favour of Heyward Bey and Hunter who literally do nothing. He fumbled a punt. Everyone and his dog knew the first **** up by a PR and the guy was out. But why does that put Rogers out of the game. Heyward Bey and Hunter do nothing. If you go 4 wide its clearly AB, Bryant ( who sucked *** today). Shuster and Rogers. For ***** sake they were going two TE in passing situations cause tge know Heyward Bey and Hunter wont do anything. What a **** show.

Steelers passing game has struggled this season, and Jaguars have a top rated pass defense - I expected a tight game, but 2 pick-6 plays doomed them. Ben deserves criticism, but quitting not his style.

While I won’t ague that he looks like he packed it in already. But how can we pin all those tipped passes, falling down wr.on him?

How about this stat. As I look now. 15 carries for bell. Why?

Two of those tips were because Ben went Tommy Maddox, throwing the ball way too high. The ball AB tipped that was run back would have been caught if it wasn't over his head. There were some Kordell worm burners in there as well. Plays fall apart when the receiver has to reach for the ball before he can get going.

Jesus you all are clinically insane.

I was thinkin' the same thing. Did Ben look settled and in charge...no.
Was he 100% to blame for the loss...no.

In my opinion, Ben looks like he is regressing back to his old self. Remember when he liked to sand lot every play, when he looked spooked at times...yeah that Ben. Hopefully he'll snap out of it and quit trying to force the ball into coverage and take what the 'D' gives him.

Oh yeah, can we get anything at all for Mitchell....a free lunch or something ? One decent tackle all day and one Polomolu bowling ball. I'll bet a dollar you can go back and find him right at the start of all them long runs at the end of the game......jus sayin'.

BTW...I was right in thinkin' we had players that wanted to kneel in Baltimore.

"Sources said Brown has felt strongly the urge to kneel in protest during the anthem
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ional-anthem-cooler/f8v6tcel50ep10wlekz25u063

I'm beginning to develop a dislike for this guy, super talent or not.

Last edited:
Two of those tips were because Ben went Tommy Maddox, throwing the ball way too high. The ball AB tipped that was run back would have been caught if it wasn't over his head. There were some Kordell worm burners in there as well. Plays fall apart when the receiver has to reach for the ball before he can get going.

If he tossed it too high why did the linemen tip it? Hmm

I was thinkin' the same thing. Did Ben look settled and in charge...no.
Was he 100% to blame for the loss...no.

In my opinion, Ben looks like he is regressing back to his old self. Remember when he liked to sand lot every play, when he looked spooked at times...yeah that Ben. Hopefully he'll snap out of it and quit trying to force the ball into coverage and take what the 'D' gives him.

Oh yeah, can we get anything at all for Mitchell....a free lunch or something ? One decent tackle all day and one Polomolu bowling ball. I'll bet a dollar you can go back and find him right at the start of all them long runs at the end of the game......jus sayin'.

BTW...I was right in thinkin' we had players that wanted to kneel in Baltimore.
Hopping around like he had just made a season saving tackle after Fournette ran 19 yards. What an idiot.

This was Ben'sworst game in years though 2-3 interceptions were not his fault.

The critics for the first time in a while can have their day, but make no mistake about it benching Ben while the team is 3-2 would be punting on the season.

Haley is the larger problem. That and Bell and Bryant not being as good as they were before. Oh and Gilbert please get well soon.

If you can trade Ben along with some picks and an adequate veteran system QB is available you do it. Haley's O is explosive with a QB who is conservative in his approach, is patient, AND TAKES what the d gives you.

Ben was a great, great, football player no one is taking that away from him, but you see over and over the inadequacies in the role of pocket passer that he possesses at this stage of his career. These showed earlier as well, but because he was able to run around and fling guys off his back coverages broke down and he took advantage.

That is a distant memory, and if you can't see that you are delusional.

The critics for the first time in a while can have their day, but make no mistake about it benching Ben while the team is 3-2 would be punting on the season.

Haley is the larger problem. That and Bell and Bryant not being as good as they were before. Oh and Gilbert please get well soon.

Ah........no......

Yes Haley with out a doubt would get the axe from me. The whole O has underperformed 5 games in. And this O needs a shake up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yes Haley with out a doubt would get the axe from me. The whole O has underperformed 5 games in. And this O needs a shake up.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Even the announcers were questioning some of those play calls. Didn't Haley do this same scenario before? Going against a terrible defense against the run and throw the ball like 57 times..WTF

I dont care who your OC is... ****** QB play is hard to overcome.

Ben is done. He is nothing more than a middle of the road QB at this point in his career.