• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's been fun, Ben

I'm sorry I was there..i see Manning his last uear...hopefully our D is good enough to bring what Mannings D did..but this is not a QB who will win games for u any longer

Year

I think Ben retires and Haley is gone after this season.
Hopefully these guys can find some inner soul searching for one last hurrah

He's played one more season than Bradshaw at this point.

He had a HOF run. And it was a enjoyable watch.

Three SBs, 2 wins.

I think that run is done. But it doesn't take away from what he was. I always will be fond of Ben.

It had to end soon or a later, perhaps a little sooner than I anticipated, but it is what it is.

I thought he had 2-3 years left heading into the season, but how things have looked so far I am getting the feeling that this will be it. I'm not going to get worked up with his bad games because he's been such a special player for us and am gonna enjoy every second of it.

I thought he had 2-3 years left heading into the season, but how things have looked so far I am getting the feeling that this will be it. I'm not going to get worked up with his bad games because he's been such a special player for us and am gonna enjoy every second of it.

two fold you enjoy it

but expectations on the final result of the season should have came down to earth

but yeah I will root for him as always. I would love he go out on a positive note...

I go to 1 game a year, take a bus 270 miles 1 way with my 2 sons, all I can say is that I'm glad we got to drink our ***** off at the tailgate and that the pens won last night because today's game sucked, pathetic energy from the team, no urgency at all, sad performance overall

Sent from my SM-G955U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Okay Ben was fugly today but the world is not ending. But this might cause Ben to go back to practicing on Wednesday’s again.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Okay Ben was fugly today but the world is not ending. But this might cause Ben to go back to practicing on Wednesday’s again.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Next week he'll throw for 400 yards against a SB bound Chiefs team, win the game, and this board will go bi-polar. Like I said in another thread: inconsistency will be the status quo from here on out.

Last edited:
Next week he'll throw for 400 yards against a SB bound Chiefs team, win the game, and this board will go bi-polar. Like I said in another thread: inconsistency will be the stats quo from here on out.
Was a time that could happen. Not sure anymore.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ben looked like himself on the called back TD to Brown. He completed a lot of passes against a pretty good defense. I really think you all are underestimating the line issues. Our Great line has not been great so far this year. Really that accounts for a lot of our problems with flow and playcalling. Holds and missed blocks kill us and we get out of our rhythm. we need to get that shored up before anything else. Gilbert being healthy would be a start.

I generally agree.

It's interesting that despite the struggles of Roethlisberger and the offense, he and Brown are still connecting as well as they ever have.

One would think that if Roethlisberger's ability has truly declined that much, Brown's production would be suffering as a result. That hasn't been the case.

I just do no think he has anywhere near enough continuity with and confidence in Bryant and Smith-Schuster right now, which prompts the question why Eli Rogers isn't playing more, as he and Ben seem to have a good feel for each other.

Last edited:
This is his 14th season Terry played 14 seasons

Except Bradshaw only played about 1 quarter in his last season and hurt his elbow again and was done forever.

Ben Roethlisberger said after the game, "maybe I don't have it anymore." It was more a stream-of-consciousness moment than a declaration, but what's clear is Roethlisberger took his five-interception performance hard. He said he needs to improve "everywhere."

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

Ben after the game

Someone posted Chuck Noll's words(I believe they are his) in the ggame thread: " If you're thinking of retiring, you already retired." This may be part of the case with Ben, who knows....

Bill Cowher circa 2006 could provide more proof..

I generally agree.

It's interesting that despite the struggles of Roethlisberger and the offense, he and Brown are still connecting as well as they ever have.

One would think that if Roethlisberger's ability has truly declined that much, Brown's production would be suffering as a result. That hasn't been the case.

I just do no think he has anywhere near enough continuity with and confidence in Bryant and Smith-Schuster right now, which prompts the question why Eli Rogers isn't playing more, as he and Ben seem to have a good feel for each other.

Oline definitely deserves a fair share of the blame.

Oline definitely deserves a fair share of the blame.

Yeah, I think we're finding out the hard way how valuable Gilbert is to the offense. The pass protection hasn't been nearly as strong as it was the prior two seasons.

So terry didn;'t get paid for the 14th season ?

No but he played less than 15 minutes. Thank you for being obtuse.

Ben looked like himself on the called back TD to Brown. He completed a lot of passes against a pretty good defense. I really think you all are underestimating the line issues. Our Great line has not been great so far this year. Really that accounts for a lot of our problems with flow and playcalling. Holds and missed blocks kill us and we get out of our rhythm. we need to get that shored up before anything else. Gilbert being healthy would be a start.

And what were the O-lines like in years past? What was the O-line like when they won SB43? Remember: "Who's laughing now O-line?" Ben is credited with winning that SB with probably the crappiest O-line in NFL history. Chris Keoamatu(spelling?) was a HOLDING MACHINE...yet the offense overcame that year.........

The only thing that has changed is 7

Today it looked like Ben has mailed it in ... hope not. Seems like he is locked onto AB and no one else.

Also, is it just me or do we have two passing 'profiles' only? the bubble screen (i hate) Or throw 40 yards downfield? Nothing 15-20 yards? Slants? Crossing routes?

I'm done with Haley.

So, when Haley goes and we still have the same issues, like we did with Arians, and Ben is retired and we have the same issues, who's fault will it be then? How in the hell does the guy at the top keep getting pass after pass?,

Steelers passing game has struggled this season, and Jaguars have a top rated pass defense - I expected a tight game, but 2 pick-6 plays doomed them. Ben deserves criticism, but quitting not his style.

Ben packed it in 5 games ago.

Wow he had a ******* bad game sure, 4 of the 5 were tipped. Matt Ryan had 4 turnovers last week at home. Who the hell else can he throw to besides AB??? Bryant is horrible still, JuJu is rookie and still working to learn, Hunter ran the wrong route his one chance, and out TEs are average at best.
We were 4-5 last season, only KC has more wins than us in the AFC.
Damn bunch of over dramatic ******* in here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

So, when Haley goes and we still have the same issues, like we did with Arians, and Ben is retired and we have the same issues, who's fault will it be then? How in the hell does the guy at the top keep getting pass after pass?,

Finally someone gets it. The problem Haley has is he can only request the short game to a point, Ben has been here longer than him and they are still giving him too much free reign, It's a touchy situation and it seems like Ben always reverts to old Ben and goes gunslinger.

The difference between Arians and Haley is Arians created this problem. Both by indulging the QB and not trying to develop him as a better pocket passer, Haley inherited this.

I had to log off this place in the 3rd quarter and it had nothing to do with the game. I forgot what a cesspool this place turns into on days like this.