• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's been fun, Ben

Ah........no......
Are you keeping Todd for the post Ben rebuild. I sure as **** am not. So I ask Ben if Todd is part of tge problem. If he says yes, Ive pushed in the chips this year anyhow. Might as well look elsewhere.

Haley and Ben just aren’t on the same page not in the same book, not on the same field. The picks are bens fault but the ball needs to be in his hands he needs to be the focus of the offense. Put Bryant, Brown out wide, juju in the slot, James at tightend, bell at running back, spread bell out wide if you want... but line up and let ben call the play... stop with the packages, the stupid play calling, just go out in a no huddle let Ben go get it done and I bet the offense takes off. No one pays to watch Haley screw up the offense game in game out.

I dont care who your OC is... ****** QB play is hard to overcome.

Ben is done. He is nothing more than a middle of the road QB at this point in his career.

Yep, Ben has always been mediocre in the red zone because he does not anticipate well and throw the ball quickly. Now he has slowed down physically, he looks and moves like an old man out there. never a student of the game the incredible physical ability is gone and now he is just a guy.

While I won’t ague that he looks like he packed it in already. But how can we pin all those tipped passes, falling down wr.on him?

How about this stat. As I look now. 15 carries for bell. Why?

That's because the jags had a ****** run defense and good secondary. It only makes sense to throw the ball A LOT. Our coaches are ******* idiots.

Are you keeping Todd for the post Ben rebuild. I sure as **** am not. So I ask Ben if Todd is part of tge problem. If he says yes, Ive pushed in the chips this year anyhow. Might as well look elsewhere.

If you ask Ben if his broken toes are part of the problem I'm sure he'll also say yes to that. OF course I keep Haley. I've known all along and posted it here for years that Ben was the weak link on this team. Is that the popular opinion? Of course not, but the truth is the truth.

After the SB loss to the Packers I stated ON THIS BOARD that we would never see or win another SB with Ben as QB. I could already see what was happening. Now I also said years before I made that statement that Ben would 'super nova' in a tragic injury and end a very promising career. Mr. Rooney heeded my warnings and brought in Haley to discipline Ben and keep him upright.

Even then I had hope that Haley could convert him but at the same time I had an inkling it wouldn't matter, that Ben's weaknesses as a QB would become more, and more evident.....well where are we today? Arians ruined him, just like I said back then, and now that earlier prediction of mine is being fulfilled. Ben should be at the top of his game at his age, but he's not....again not rocket science as to why that is.

Haley while a convenient scapegoat is the last of this teams problems. He unlike Arians tries to go with what the D gives you, but Ben is the wild card and Ben is not the Ben of the Arians era.

That's because the jags had a ****** run defense and good secondary. It only makes sense to throw the ball A LOT. Our coaches are ******* idiots.

And we have a just as ****** run blocking O-line today. What game were you watching?

It’s ashame that this is possibly Ben’s last ride. He probably knew coming off last year it’s the end of the line for him. The most important part of the Steelers for the past 14 years. Not a bad career Ben. He sounded today in his press conference like a guy who lost his confidence. That’s concerning

Last edited:
Even the announcers were questioning some of those play calls. Didn't Haley do this same scenario before? Going against a terrible defense against the run and throw the ball like 57 times..WTF

yep

He is like a lost puppy out there.

And a new O coordinator would shake up a way under-performing part of the team.

It really is the only realistic option.

Unfortunately I think we are in store of instead just a roller coaster season. Ending with one QB retiring and one team just good enough not to be able to upgrade QB.

So that is about two years until we have the opportunity to replace Ben. And then you have to hope for a good selection.

Not a good painted picture, but perhaps a realistic one.

yep

He is like a lost puppy out there.

And a new O coordinator would shake up a way under-performing part of the team.

It really is the only realistic option.

Unfortunately I think we are in store of instead just a roller coaster season. Ending with one QB retiring and one team just good enough not to be able to upgrade QB.

So that is about two years until we have the opportunity to replace Ben. And then you have to hope for a good selection.

Not a good painted picture, but perhaps a realistic one.

Thats the worst/scary part of all this.

Our team is still good enough to be 10-6 or 9-7- which is way too low to draft a QB.

Thats the worst/scary part of all this.

Our team is still good enough to be 10-6 or 9-7- which is way too low to draft a QB.

Yep because Bell and that D will win you games with a soft *** schedule.

If Haley is replaced I will give this team a chance. But that has to happen or the pattern of suck will continue.

And we have a just as ****** run blocking O-line today. What game were you watching?

Yeah, people can point to Bell having 15 carries all they want, but they also don't acknowledge that he averaged a whopping 3 ypc. The ground game, sans a couple runs, was not there today.

Yeah, people can point to Bell having 15 carries all they want, but they also don't acknowledge that he averaged a whopping 3 ypc. The ground game, sans a couple runs, was not there today.

Against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL

Glad I missed this **** show. Im going to the game next week....hopefully a shake up will have occurred by then.

Against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL

Exactly. The o-line as a whole, has terribly underperformed this year. There has been very, very little push up front. Hopefully Gilbert gets his *** back next week, because I've about had all I can handle with Hubbard.

Yep because Bell and that D will win you games with a soft *** schedule.

If Haley is replaced I will give this team a chance. But that has to happen or the pattern of suck will continue.

I do think Haley is the problem and in turn I think it dampens down Ben's motivation.
Ben didn't look into the game at all today.

Although he did have a little spark at the end only to be called back by a holding penalty.
To be honest, I don't know what's going to buck a trend that's lingered for quite some time.

One REAL bad game doesn't mean Ben is done.....but you can't help but see there is something missing - no fire , no zeal, no real passion.....it seems.

I'd like to see the new guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ben looked like himself on the called back TD to Brown. He completed a lot of passes against a pretty good defense. I really think you all are underestimating the line issues. Our Great line has not been great so far this year. Really that accounts for a lot of our problems with flow and playcalling. Holds and missed blocks kill us and we get out of our rhythm. we need to get that shored up before anything else. Gilbert being healthy would be a start.

Glad I missed this **** show. Im going to the game next week....hopefully a shake up will have occurred by then.

you have a better chance at winning the lotto

I get road Ben is bad, but he hasn't look all too great at home either. Definitely doesn't have the same physical or mental edge on the field like we've seen in the past.

I do think Haley is the problem and in turn I think it dampens down Ben's motivation.
Ben didn't look into the game at all today.

Although he did have a little spark at the end only to be called back by a holding penalty.
To be honest, I don't know what's going to buck a trend that's lingered for quite some time.

it has to be either Ben is ready to retire, or Haley needs to be retired

so you roll the dice and axe Haley.

Because then you are at least doing SOMETHING.....

Just slower all the way around. Moving, reads, release. Arm strength off also. Plus defenses this year seem quicker overall.

Ben Roethlisberger said after the game, "maybe I don't have it anymore." It was more a stream-of-consciousness moment than a declaration, but what's clear is Roethlisberger took his five-interception performance hard. He said he needs to improve "everywhere."

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

Ben after the game

I get road Ben is bad, but he hasn't look all too great at home either. Definitely doesn't have the same physical or mental edge on the field like we've seen in the past.

His mental edge is noticeably absent. He's took bad chances.
The int when JuJu slipped is understandable. But he's just either holding on and taking a beating or forcing passes and coming up with int's

He had a HOF run. And it was a enjoyable watch.

Three SBs, 2 wins.

I think that run is done. But it doesn't take away from what he was. I always will be fond of Ben.

It had to end soon or a later, perhaps a little sooner than I anticipated, but it is what it is.

it has to be either Ben is ready to retire, or Haley needs to be retired

so you roll the dice and axe Haley.

Because then you are at least doing SOMETHING.....

I think Ben retires and Haley is gone after this season.
Hopefully these guys can find some inner soul searching for one last hurrah