• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's been fun, Ben

Ben is never under center anymore, and I'm sick of the empty backfield on 3rd/4th and short. Stop doing that...

I really hope all the Ben haters out there these days do realize that when he does hang up his cleats (whenever that may be), the Steelers won't be sniffing .500 football for years. We really should be rooting and praying for whatever is ailing Ben, Haley and our O to get fixed rather than for Ben to hang up his cleats. It could be a decade or two before we are truly competitive again.

I really hope all the Ben haters out there these days do realize that when he does hang up his cleats (whenever that may be), the Steelers won't be sniffing .500 football for years. We really should be rooting and praying for whatever is ailing Ben, Haley and our O to get fixed rather than for Ben to hang up his cleats. It could be a decade or two before we are truly competitive again.

I hear what you are saying but the problem is coaching and if that where actually to be addressed and we got a new head coach, by the time he established everything BEN would be gone anyways. For years it was said we are wasting Ben's last years and yet nothing was ever done differently. SAME problems different season SAME coach. I want things fixed and for Ben to go out in a blaze of glory, not just for the team but as much for him too!!!!!!

Salute the nation

PS If the same coaching staff is retained then YES I agree to your time frame of success

This is a horrific line of thinking. QBs are coming in to the league and having success. Just because you're traumatized from the era between Bradshaw and Ben doesn't mean it's going to happen again. We could draft a QB this year that will keep us flush for another decade and a half.

This is a horrific line of thinking. QBs are coming in to the league and having success. Just because you're traumatized from the era between Bradshaw and Ben doesn't mean it's going to happen again. We could draft a QB this year that will keep us flush for another decade and a half.
Aside from Wilson who had an all time great defense, what QBs have done much in the post season?
Prescott is 2-3, Wentz didn't make the playoffs, Carr gets hurt every 5th game, Watson in Houston is to early.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I love loss week threads... don't see half you guys for eons till the bad game or so then you are out in droves proclaiming everyone is done...

Aside from Wilson who had an all time great defense, what QBs have done much in the post season?
Prescott is 2-3, Wentz didn't make the playoffs, Carr gets hurt every 5th game, Watson in Houston is to early.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Well, to be fair, I think our coaching needs to be fixed before we start talking about ANY QB taking us to a lwoB repuS W.

But I think we have the talent and organizational culture already in place that any of those guys in our system would keep us competitive for years. I was responding to the guy assuming we'd be in the gutter for years. Talking about having postseason success/winning lwoB repuSs is a different topic altogether due to the guys with headsets on the sideline. And remember Ben won SB's in his 2nd and 5th years, went back again in his 7th. QB's don't need to be grizzled and old to get us to the promised land. We have enough talent on both sides that we can outlast the *s and be the dominant force in the AFC if our coaching and QB are competent. We haven't had the first one for a while. The latter we've been set for a long time but seems no longer