• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's not what you're capable of. it's what you are willing to do

Preach brother
This coming from someone who applies penalties while not even knowing why he applies such, no breaking of rules involved, just imdiscriment penalties but then expecting $ in return. Yes, ahhhh, so much integrity and morals in that routine. Penalties just for penalties' sake, no reason given.

I’ll try and be polite here. But you really didn’t get a word of what I was trying to say. Zero. Coolies post was just showing a different side of coach off the field. You know it,I know it,anybody that knows how to read would know it. Including my 5 year old grandson.
You just take any opportunity to slam him. It gets tiresome. I try and make a touch of effort in some of my posts.
Would be nice if you reciprocate instead of regurgitate.
And the side of Tomlin he was showing does nothing to improve the players performance on the field, as if it did, it would result in something besides the 7-years drought in playoff wins we are currently experiencing. Boom, done, end. Tomlin is the biggest fraud in pro sports, period. All fraud.

K cooch.

Discipline wins. And the players obviously went above and beyond with study. Always in the right place at the right time on defense.

Offense looked like a well oiled machine. And the offense exploiting defenses week in and out like it was nothing.

It certainly takes some dedication.

As much dedication of those supplying the film as those watching it.

Salute the nation

This coming from someone who applies penalties while not even knowing why he applies such, no breaking of rules involved, just imdiscriment penalties but then expecting $ in return. Yes, ahhhh, so much integrity and morals in that routine. Penalties just for penalties' sake, no reason given.
Wasn't your last banning because of you using links from a direct competitors website? That any regular here knows is a no no? Not sure of your exact post,but there have been plenty of warnings about it.

As much dedication of those supplying the film as those watching it.

Salute the nation
That's what I was saying without saying it. They certainly made the most of information they should have never had to being with. Dishonorable pricks,but it worked. And the Steelers never changed **** even after they found out about it.

go eat a dick

when you broke the rules i know what you did

but that was a month a go

I don't care enough about you to remember why

but as I said, you likely ignored my warnings and got booted

keep bringing this up and you are gone again...

And the side of Tomlin he was showing does nothing to improve the players performance on the field, as if it did, it would result in something besides the 7-years drought in playoff wins we are currently experiencing. Boom, done, end. Tomlin is the biggest fraud in pro sports, period. All fraud.
we get it

you don't like Tomlin

stop repeating the same **** over and over again

That ole' criminal element, who knew?
A significant amount of players and coaches did. Jack Tatum was the “criminal element“ subject. Obviously you didn’t know.

Life lessons from lawyer coaches and to girls, ages 3-16 are great. I mean that. But we need a coach who can direct players in the here and now, and to postseason success. A coach giving life lessons can be great, but I want the head coach of my NFL team to be better than that; to give insights on how to win today. Noll didn't spend time on "life lessons" like he was coaching a pee wee league. Maybe Tomlin should pick up on what Noll was doing. We haven't won a playoff game in 7 years. Even Noll of the 80's was better than that.
For someone who thinks he/she knows a lot about PIT HC coaches, you sure show limited knowledge of it. Chuck Noll was a voracious reader, had a huge reputation of expertise in various historical topics and philosophy. He graduated college with an education degree and was a secondary level teacher in the offseason when he played. Championed education constantly to players as their “life’s work” would depend greatly on it after football. He went to law school but chose not follow that career path as he was not fond of argumentative posturing in that field (per Dan Rooney). While he was showing an acumen for coaching in Baltimore, Dan Rooney took interest when the Chief gave him complete control of the team. Not sure if it’s true, but some writers say Don Shula recommended Noll to Mr. Rooney.

It was a different era, but those close to Chuck, Myron Cope and Dan Rooney, primarily would say Noll was a teacher first, before coach. Had the era been like today, there is no doubt Chuck Noll would have speaking engagements preparing athletes for their “life’s work” (aka, life lessons). Its why many, many players under Chuck, went on to have successful post football careers.

It’s blatantly obvious you have a negative opinion about anyone who disagrees with your diatribes. It appears you feel the need to be “understood“ on this board. Most do understand you. It’s easy to see Tomlin is living rent free in your head, and all else is secondary. If you don’t like the rather simple board rules, don’t go away mad. Just go away.

A significant amount of players and coaches did. Jack Tatum was the “criminal element“ subject. Obviously you didn’t know.

For someone who thinks he/she knows a lot about PIT HC coaches, you sure show limited knowledge of it. Chuck Noll was a voracious reader, had a huge reputation of expertise in various historical topics and philosophy. He graduated college with an education degree and was a secondary level teacher in the offseason when he played. Championed education constantly to players as their “life’s work” would depend greatly on it after football. He went to law school but chose not follow that career path as he was not fond of argumentative posturing in that field (per Dan Rooney). While he was showing an acumen for coaching in Baltimore, Dan Rooney took interest when the Chief gave him complete control of the team. Not sure if it’s true, but some writers say Don Shula recommended Noll to Mr. Rooney.

It was a different era, but those close to Chuck, Myron Cope and Dan Rooney, primarily would say Noll was a teacher first, before coach. Had the era been like today, there is no doubt Chuck Noll would have speaking engagements preparing athletes for their “life’s work” (aka, life lessons). Its why many, many players under Chuck, went on to have successful post football careers.

It’s blatantly obvious you have a negative opinion about anyone who disagrees with your diatribes. It appears you feel the need to be “understood“ on this board. Most do understand you. It’s easy to see Tomlin is living rent free in your head, and all else is secondary. If you don’t like the rather simple board rules, don’t go away mad. Just go away.
Great post Ike. My favorite Steelers in my younger days were Mel Blount,Franco and Chuck. On a team filled with Stars,Chuck was the quiet respected driving force. Didn’t always go for the limelight. Quiet,private man,who knew what he wanted from the team and demanded consistency and to do your job.
I wonder sometimes why I even bother replying back to the one track mind posters. But some of the BS that is spewed just has to be challenged.

Sometimes I wear my emotions on my sleeve and then regret it, but also acknowledge my short comings along the way.

I would never intentionally steal someone’s “sprinkles”, but like many here, have grown tired of Lloyd’s over and over and over and over BS.

Ike / Steelmann / slash (many others), to name a few, translate well to keep the honorability of this message board for being the best of the best.

We need all types of posters, believe it or not even a smidgen of Lloyd’s type. It’s the diversity of posters here that naturally attracts others who in turn keeps building the attraction.

I’m not defending the “Lloyd” at all, I just wish he (or however he identifies) could find a happy medium not just here, but also in life.

My best move was getting Lloyd to put me on ignore, thus freeing up my post(s) from being Lloyd-alized.!!!

Salute the nation

Great post Ike. My favorite Steelers in my younger days were Mel Blount,Franco and Chuck. On a team filled with Stars,Chuck was the quiet respected driving force. Didn’t always go for the limelight. Quiet,private man,who knew what he wanted from the team and demanded consistency and to do your job.
I wonder sometimes why I even bother replying back to the one track mind posters. But some of the BS that is spewed just has to be challenged.
Ask Terry Bradshaw how much time Noll spent on lecturing on "life issues."

Wasn't your last banning because of you using links from a direct competitors website? That any regular here knows is a no no? Not sure of your exact post,but there have been plenty of warnings about it.
Yea, you mean including links which everyone and their brother does here? I got a better one for you: My last violation was punishment for...Coolie says he doesn't remember. Hmmmm. that's odd. So the taskmaster handing out punishment doesn't even recall what the punishment was even for (Here's a guess, it wasn't for anything.) No discussion, no announcement, just penalized without reason or stated cause. How nice. No infraction listed, not even mentioned.

First of all,you’re not going to mesh with every player you coach. Just like any other job. Not all get along.
Secondly, I get the feeling Terry’s personality / mind set would not have been easy for any coach. My 2 cents.

First of all,you’re not going to mesh with every player you coach. Just like any other job. Not all get along.
Secondly, I get the feeling Terry’s personality / mind set would not have been easy for any coach. My 2 cents.
Back to the original point: Noll would have never said the comment because he would say a pro doesn't need such or he shouldn't be a pro. That was Noll's spi on it. "Motivation" was a waste of time to Noll. Actions spoke much louder.

Yea, you mean including links which everyone and their brother does here? I got a better one for you: My last violation was punishment for...Coolie says he doesn't remember. Hmmmm. that's odd. So the taskmaster handing out punishment doesn't even recall what the punishment was even for (Here's a guess, it wasn't for anything.) No discussion, no announcement, just penalized without reason or stated cause. How nice. No infraction listed, not even mentioned.
I believe he told you to drop it.

@CoolieMan can you make it longer than 30 next time?

😁

Took me 30 seconds to find this between you and our administrator. So…..question. I’m not going to look up your tons of posts.
Did you or did you not link Steelers Depot? More than once? Seems it’s quite clear that it’s not wanted. Seems pretty clear here you knew the rules. And more than likely did it anyway. Or am I wrong?
So why the endless requests for not posting any subjects with an outside link? What am I missing?
I really don't understand what is so hard. If SteelerNation.com did the story, you use the SteelerNation.com link. If SteelerNation.com DID NOT write the story then you share where you got the story from. Outside of Steelers Depot. We don't share their stories here.

Last edited:
Took my 30 seconds to find this between you and our administrator. So…..question. I’m not going to look up your tons of posts.
Did you or did you not link Steelers Depot? More than once? Seems it’s quite clear that it’s not wanted. Seems pretty clear here you knew the rules. And more than likely did it anyway. Or am I wrong?

I really don't understand what is so hard. If SteelerNation.com did the story, you use the SteelerNation.com link. If SteelerNation.com DID NOT write the story then you share where you got the story from. Outside of Steelers Depot. We don't share their stories here.
Pretty much I believe there is a few more sites but that is the jest of it.

Took my 30 seconds to find this between you and our administrator. So…..question. I’m not going to look up your tons of posts.

Math made simple.

Salute the nation

You say you are not the board resident idiot Coach, but your board presence mimics his/her mannerisms exactly. You have a reading comprehension problem. In my prior post I explained TB12, who has acknowledged this himself publicly, suffered from depression and insecurity issues due to how he handled his first couple years after being a 1st round pick. (If you are old enough, you would know how bad fans in Three Rivers treated him because of his poor play. Folks were bringing hanging effigies of him to games, for crying out loud) Brad needed professional help, and we don’t know if he on his own obtained it, but Noll knew he wasn’t one, nor should he attempt to be one to grown man who was his subordinate. You touched on this ever so briefly, but didn't give the full context as the poster you mimic constantly, Noll always stated, he was not a motivator. He shouldn’t be, the player should himself be his primary motivator as he is at the top of the professional level.

You know, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to be here. There are plenty other boards you can participate in, not contribute to and opine your ad nauseam message. Just follow the rules, a caveman could do it.

You know, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to be here. There are plenty other boards you can participate in, not contribute to and opine your ad nauseam message. Just follow the rules, a caveman could do it.

I've used that line many a times through out my life.

Salute the nation

you act like I'm give a **** about you

I don't live and die by this board

you want to know what it was for use the handy search feature to find the post where I banned you....otherwise **** off
it was mentioned when it happened

your next post about your ban is your last one

Every coach is different. Noll was not a cheerleader. Noll was purely cerebral. With the talent he had it was all that was needed.

Cowher with lesser talent but still damn good was both cerebral and a cheerleader. A good way to be imo.

Tomlin, well he is just a cheerleader. Good motivator, in the locker room, in practice, and on the sidelines. Relies on his hires to do the thinking.
Thats not a knock. It's just the way it comes across, and I have no problem with it.

Last edited: