• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

James Washington Signs One-Year Deal In Dallas

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers lost their third wide receiver in less than 24 hours. This time its James Washington heading to Dallas on a one-year contract.

Former Steelers’ WR James Washington is going back to his home state of Texas and signing a one-year deal with the Dallas Cowboys, per his agents @DrewJRosenhaus and @RyanMatha.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2022

Washington was drafted by the Steelers in the second round of the 2018 draft from Oklahoma State.

After having a productive season in 2019 as the Steelers leading receiver he was buried on the depth charts by Chase Claypool, and Ray Ray McCloud. Washington reportedly asked for a trade prior to the 2021 season, but Mike Tomlin denied that he had requested a trade. Either way the Steelers didn’t grant his request.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Do we get a comp pick next year?

I'm sure like most of us, the Steelers had much higher expectations. He had that decent season and then became an afterthought. I certainly don't know what led to this, he didn't seem to be a malcontent but did ask for a trade which if true I can't blame him. He wasnt the fastest or quickest but seemed to come down with the ball on the 50/50 catch more often than not and was productive in 2019. I'm not pouting about his departure but I'd really like the inside scoop on why he was relegated to little use. If they weren't going to use him why not accommodate him and see if you can get something.

He was a waste of a 2nd round pick back then and I'd be surprised if we get a 4th round comp pick for him now. Best guess a 6th round comp pick

Coach, we're not getting anything for him.

He was a waste of a 2nd round pick back then and I'd be surprised if we get a 4th round comp pick for him now. Best guess a 6th round comp pick
He was a good draft pick and they signed too many free agents to get a comp pick next year. Wide receiver also is a top 3 priority for the draft.

I feel Miller will be a very pleasant surprise. Also think a FA is brought in along with Matthau and they draft a WR in first 3 rounds

He was a good draft pick and they signed too many free agents to get a comp pick next year. Wide receiver also is a top 3 priority for the draft.

I can see round 2-4 pending on who is there in rnd 2.

Salute the nation

With how everything is playing out, it is starting to feel like they'll go DL, CB, or WR over the first two days.
I don't think they touch CB early unless value sits there. But sure if the value is there. Wouldn't shock me to see DL then WR or vice versa.

I can see round 2-4 pending on who is there in rnd 2.

Salute the nation
Nope .. OLAVE (or Wilson) at 1-20. That's what it's going to be.
Ya heard it here first. (Which is of little to no value)

I don't think they touch CB early unless value sits there. But sure if the value is there. Wouldn't shock me to see DL then WR or vice versa.
There is a chance we could have the option of Williams, Olave, Burks, Davis, Wyatt, Booth, and Elam are all available. With the signings at CB, I could see the Steelers sitting back and drafting a developmental prospect later on and focusing on DL and WR.

There is a chance we could have the option of Williams, Olave, Burks, Davis, Wyatt, Booth, and Elam are all available. With the signings at CB, I could see the Steelers sitting back and drafting a developmental prospect later on and focusing on DL and WR.
Exactly their usual approach BPA at needs.

Needs for now is DL, WR, and SS.

Corner could sneak in there if a number 1 type CB was sitting there.

Good for Washington. I hope he finds success there.
I do believe Anthony Miller is inked (at least futures contract) for this year.