• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Justice Kennedy to step down

The thing that kills me is how liberals can survive with their extreme level of stupidity in this day and age.

Fairytale land loves it's members. They think they're of superior intellect. That's the funniest part.

Let the state's decide if they want baby murder to be covered .

Well I wanted the chick, but who knows

Brett Kavanaugh could drastically shift the court to the right.

WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump chose Brett Kavanaugh, a solidly conservative, politically connected judge, for the Supreme Court Monday night, setting up a ferocious confirmation battle with Democrats as he seeks to shift the nation's highest court ever further to the right.

5560e0e377.jpeg

A favorite of the Republican legal establishment in Washington, Kavanaugh, 53, is a former law clerk for retiring Justice Anthony Kennedy. Like Trump's first nominee last year, Justice Neil Gorsuch, Kavanaugh would be a young addition who could help remake the court for decades to come with rulings that could restrict abortion, expand gun rights and roll back key parts of Obamacare.

"He is a brilliant jurist, with a clear and effective writing style, universally regarded as one of the finest and sharpest legal minds of our time," Trump said in his prime-time televised White House announcement. He added: "There is no one in America more qualified for this position, and no one more deserving."

With Kavanaugh, Trump is replacing a swing vote on the nine-member court with a staunch conservative. Kavanaugh, who serves on the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, is expected to be less receptive to abortion and gay rights than Kennedy was. He also has taken an expansive view of executive power and has favored limits on investigating the president.

https://www.wokv.com/news/national/...tting-fight-with-dems/KD6cjDF2VrsyoQl6pD6xVI/

Let the lib conniptions begin!

Kavanaugh wrote that POTUS should have “absolute discretion” to determine whether and when to appoint or fire a special counsel. And that a president should not be criminally indicted, no matter what evidence of wrongdoing is uncovered.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vanitaguptaCR/status/1016486810615238656

-------------------

DhtbEEWWAAEpc7A.jpg

Last edited:
So this guy is a conservative nutjob because he interprets the Constitution as it was written, and interprets laws as they are written. Dude is whack.
No, he is a conservative nutjob because Trump appointed him. No other reason.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I hate how the news media tries to make it sound like such a controversial pick. God forbid judges interpret the constitution as written rather than with feelings.

As recently as 2010, the Senate voted to confirm Justice Elena Kagan in a midterm election year.

So how can the Democrats say we need to wait until the mid-terms are over?

Anyone. Tibs?

I like the pick. I like the thought of judges that don't "interpret" the Constitution but apply it the way it was written.

As recently as 2010, the Senate voted to confirm Justice Elena Kagan in a midterm election year.

So how can the Democrats say we need to wait until the mid-terms are over?

Anyone. Tibs?

They think they are doing the same thing that Republicans did when Mitch McConnell refused to confirm Merrick Garland. Completely different, but whatever. Stupid **** like this is why nothing ever gets done in Washington DC.

Meltdown is in full burn...

See here is the thing.... when the far left liberals coild never get traction for their agenda in congress or the presidency, (they always had to run to the center to win and when they did legislate to far to the left, the pushback lost them everything) they put all their eggs in the high court legislating unpopular viewpoints from the bench... this nomination pretty much screws that up for decades...

The republicans, on the other hand, built their strongholds from the state level and are pretty entrenched... they are far closer to gaining their ultimate goal of a constitutional convention to eliminate some of their bugaboos than the dems are to anything, really... thats why the dems needed this presidency... cause all the old school liberal justices held on too long... and two more are close to being gone...

Meltdown is in full burn...

So do we think the Democrats have a really fast sign printer or did they have stacks with everyone's names and the same slogans on them ready to go? See, it's this kind of disingenuousness that hurts their party and fools very few people any more.

thats why the dems needed this presidency... cause all the old school liberal justices held on too long... and two more are close to being gone...

Dems should be rightly pissed that Ruth Buzzi Ginsberg didn't retire while Bomma was President and could replace her with another Liberal. Of course RBG looked at the polls and knew Hildebeast was going to win.

Last edited:
Dems are better off if he is confirmed before mid-terms, which is what will happen. This should bring out their voters in droves in 2018 and
2020 and the results should be interesting.

Fairytale land loves it's members. They think they're of superior intellect. That's the funniest part.

Let the state's decide if they want baby murder to be covered .

Exactly...want a gay wedding, move to the state where it's licensed. Want gubmint healthcare, move to a state where it's available. The federal one size fits all pits people against one another. We need an Article V Convention.

Dems are better off if he is confirmed before mid-terms, which is what will happen. This should bring out their voters in droves in 2018 and
2020 and the results should be interesting.

Why would it bring out their voters in droves if the guy is already sitting on the bench as opposed to him not being confirmed yet? Seriously, are you 12? Or do you listen to CNN?

Why would it bring out their voters in droves if the guy is already sitting on the bench as opposed to him not being confirmed yet? Seriously, are you 12? Or do you listen to CNN?

After he is confirmed is too late. Besides, if all the manufactured outrage over the last 18 months isn't enough to get their vote out, this won't move the meter much. Considering only 30,000 people voted in a district of 750,000 in the Bronx, tells me there just isn't a lot of interest at this point.

Damn....I'm gonna die again right? The first time I died this year was when net-neutrality was repealed. I died again when Trumps tax breaks were passed. Now I'm going to die yet again because of this Kavanaugh selection. How many times must I die this year...how many?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After he is confirmed is too late. Besides, if all the manufactured outrage over the last 18 months isn't enough to get their vote out, this won't move the meter much. Considering only 30,000 people voted in a district of 750,000 in the Bronx, tells me there just isn't a lot of interest at this point.

The left are just grasping at straws to find something anything to run on. They have no ideas, no goals, no focus. All they have is pure hate and bitching. They should be careful how they treat this guy. He's a really nice guy and they could make themselves look like even more vitriolic if they just bash him non-stop.

The left are just grasping at straws to find something anything to run on. They have no ideas, no goals, no focus. All they have is pure hate and bitching. They should be careful how they treat this guy. He's a really nice guy and they could make themselves look like even more vitriolic if they just bash him non-stop.

Exactly. Dems can't run on their ideas. That's why the SC is important, to do things they would never accomplish at the ballot box.
I'm not entirely sure about Senate rules, but if possible Mitch McConnell (who likes Kavanaugh) should put a time limit on questioning in the hearings. Give individual Senators 30 or 60 minutes, whatever, and then they have to STFU and go away.

amid all this hand-wringing, wailing and crying, it should be noted that the precious left wouldn't be in this situation if The Big O had convinced Kennedy and Ginsburg to retire before his second term was up. Then he could have replaced them with more emotional, non-Constitutional interpretating, feel-good judges and secured at least 4 leftie SCOTUS judges.

one, nay, two more failures for the non-voting senator to add to his growing list.

obama-sad.jpg

So, I'm a little confused:

Senate Democrats rally at the Supreme Court to “save women’s reproductive rights and vital health care protections for millions of Americans, in light of President Trump’s nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.”

During his confirmation hearing in 2006 for the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Kavanaugh stated that he considered Roe v. Wade binding under the principle of stare decisis and would seek to uphold the ruling of the higher court. In May 2006, Kavanaugh stated he "would follow Roe v. Wade faithfully and fully" and that the issue of the legality of abortion has already "been decided by the Supreme Court". During the hearing, he stated that a right to an abortion has been found "many times", citing Planned Parenthood v. Casey.

So, I'm a little confused:

Senate Democrats rally at the Supreme Court to “save women’s reproductive rights and vital health care protections for millions of Americans, in light of President Trump’s nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.”

they would have been out there no matter who was nominated....I'm sure they had a truck full of signs ready with all the possible names on them....

they would have been out there no matter who was nominated....I'm sure they had a truck full of signs ready with all the possible names on them....

Oh no doubt. Elizabeth Warren says "We're gonna fight this nominee." She's gonna be disappointed. 50 votes and the VP. You reap what you sow.