• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Justice Kennedy to step down

Elections have consequences. (I just love that!)

Obitch.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no doubt. Elizabeth Warren says "We're gonna fight this nominee." She's gonna be disappointed. 50 votes and the VP. You reap what you sow.

And maybe even a democrat or two. But it's going to happen.

From everything I've read so far he seems pretty legit and worthy of the nomination.

I think Barrett needs a bit more time on the bench and then she will be the nominee to replace RBG (woman for woman) during Trump's 2nd term. RBG will hold out until at least the last year of Trump's first term (possibly retire summer of 2020), thinking she will rally democrats to vote.

We'll see how it turns out.

From everything I've read so far he seems pretty legit and worthy of the nomination.

I think Barrett needs a bit more time on the bench and then she will be the nominee to replace RBG (woman for woman) during Trump's 2nd term. RBG will hold out until at least the last year of Trump's first term (possibly retire summer of 2020), thinking she will rally democrats to vote.

she may die before then.

Another wild theory is if Trump maintains control of the senate, Justice Thomas ( age 70 ) can step down in a year, locking in a conservative majority for long time. I do not think Ginsberg who will be 86 years old in August would last a 2nd term of Trump. 86 to 90....major difference in mental sharpness, energy and health. There comes a point where an older person just can't keep up the work load.

Another wild theory is if Trump maintains control of the senate, Justice Thomas ( age 70 ) can step down in a year, locking in a conservative majority for long time. I do not think Ginsberg who will be 86 years old in August would last a 2nd term of Trump. 86 to 90....major difference in mental sharpness, energy and health. There comes a point where an older person just can't keep up the work load.

RBG is not retiring as long as Trump is President. No way, no how is she gonna hand another seat on SCOTUS to Trump. Only way she retires is if she has a serious health issue, and even then I wouldn't bank on it. She is gonna die on the bench. Write that down.

RBG is not retiring as long as Trump is President. No way, no how is she gonna hand another seat on SCOTUS to Trump. Only way she retires is if she has a serious health issue, and even then I wouldn't bank on it. She is gonna die on the bench. Write that down.

And even then, there may be a little "Weekend At Ruthie's" shenanigans going on.

The left are just grasping at straws to find something anything to run on. They have no ideas, no goals, no focus. All they have is pure hate and bitching.

ayep

The hysteria is all they've got

You know what's next, it was the Russians!

The Russians!

The Russians!

NBC: We Hear That Kennedy Negotiated His Retirement To Get Kavanaugh

Did Anthony Kennedy cut a secret deal with Donald Trump back in November to have Brett Kavanaugh replace him on the Supreme Court? Furthermore, the five names Trump added to his list of Federalist Approved judges last November was to get Kavanaugh on that list. The other four names were considered cover, per source. In other words: the decision has been baked for a while

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/07...-kennedy-negotiated-retirement-get-kavanaugh/

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/nbc-repo...nnedy-conspired-pick-kavanaughwith-zero-proof

NBC 'Reporter' Spreads Rumors Trump and Kennedy Conspired to Pick Kavanaugh...With ZERO Proof

NBC reporters sparked a wildfire of all-out conspiracy theories on left-wing social media after reporting President Donald Trump and Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy had conspired to pick Kennedy’s replacement well before the 81-year-old justice announced his retirement -- claims that ended up being totally bogus.

NBC Capitol Hill reporter Leigh Ann Caldwell tweeted Tuesday – without giving proof or citing her source – that Trump and Kennedy had “been in negotiations for months over Kennedy’s replacement, “ adding that only after Kennedy had been assured the replacement would be his own former law clerk, Brett Kavanaugh, did he feel comfortable retiring.

Caldwell then tweeted that several other SCOTUS nominees Trump had floated to replace Kennedy were simply “cover” for Kavanaugh.

“In other words: the decision has been baked for a while,” she alleged.
Screen%20Shot%202018-07-10%20at%2010.37.47%20AM.png

NBC White House correspondent Geoff Bennett also reported the rumor as fact, tweeting:

Bennett.png

The tweets launched a firestorm on the left, who immediately accused Trump and Kennedy of conspiring to pack the Court and called for an investigation into the matter.
Smells like obstruction of justice to me. No wonder Mueller is taking so long. SO many crimes. So few hours in a day.
— Peewee �� (@PamelaJacobson2) July 10, 2018

I knew Kennedy’s resignation was shady af.
— Secret Derp State Society �������� (@TurtlesgaloreMR) July 10, 2018

We're going to need a bigger prison.
— BSam (@BSam2424) July 10, 2018

There’s just one major problem: neither Caldwell nor Bennett had any proof that their "reports" were true – an admission Caldwell ended up having to make...but not before her tweet had spawned countless conspiracy theories on the left.

“To be clear: This is from one source and don’t (sic)I have any info on whether potus (sic.) talked to kennedy (sic.) about a possible replacement,” she admitted.

Screen%20Shot%202018-07-10%20at%2010.38.44%20AM.png

The official Twitter account for the Supreme Court immediately slammed the claims as “almost certainly false.”

SCOTUSBlog.png

Caldwell later deleted her original tweet, backhandedly confessing there’s a good chance it was flat-out wrong.

At best, this is a gross mishandling of journalistic ethics and a sorry excuse for "reporting." At worst, it's an attempt to maliciously smear Trump, Kennedy and Kavanaugh with unfounded rumors.

Either way, NBC certainly isn't helping their own reputation as shameless peddlers of fake news.

wait, it gets better, now they are blaming OBAMA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Will Obama Ever 'Fess Up to His Merrick Garland Mess?

In his forthcoming memoir, President Obama will reflect on his “no drama Obama” governing style, so radically different from that of his successor. But will he acknowledge the limits of his signature restraint? His failed appointment of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in 2016 lacked both imagination and hard-ball politics, leaving a legacy of “what ifs” that Obama, if he’s being honest, will confront.

“I think the Garland episode reflects so clearly the inability of Obama to translate his successful presidential campaigns into governing, and the limits of his philosophy of restraint. A liberal lion like FDR might have pursued appointment to the bench by executive order,” says Alexander Heffner, host of The Open Mind on PBS. He makes the case that If Obama had chosen runner-up Jane Kelly, the grassroots activism that propelled Obama into the White House would have kicked into high gear with supporters camped out in Judiciary Chairman Grassley’s front yard demanding he give her a hearing.

“Who listens to Orrin Hatch?” a liberal activist exclaims, still angry at Obama for “taking the path of least resistance. He didn’t want to make waves.” Hatch had given his blessing to President Clinton naming Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Obama thought history could repeat itself. “He was fooled by Orrin Hatch, who then turned around and betrayed him,” this activist says. “He made a terrible mistake, the biggest mistake of his presidency.”

At the Democratic Convention in July 2016, Obama spoke eloquently on Hillary Clinton’s behalf, but did he mention Garland’s stalled nomination? “Not a word,” says the activist. “Not one word.” If a Republican president had been denied his Supreme Court pick by a Democratic Senate, there would have been hell to pay. Obama kept hoping reason would prevail

https://www.thedailybeast.com/will-obama-ever-fess-up-to-his-merrick-garland-mess?ref=home

Suck it LOSERS!

0RlaxPUFiYaCdA99

Last edited:
wait, it gets better, now they are blaming OBAMA!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Will Obama Ever 'Fess Up to His Merrick Garland Mess?

In his forthcoming memoir, President Obama will reflect on his “no drama Obama” governing style, so radically different from that of his successor. But will he acknowledge the limits of his signature restraint? His failed appointment of Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court in 2016 lacked both imagination and hard-ball politics, leaving a legacy of “what ifs” that Obama, if he’s being honest, will confront.

“I think the Garland episode reflects so clearly the inability of Obama to translate his successful presidential campaigns into governing, and the limits of his philosophy of restraint. A liberal lion like FDR might have pursued appointment to the bench by executive order,” says Alexander Heffner, host of The Open Mind on PBS. He makes the case that If Obama had chosen runner-up Jane Kelly, the grassroots activism that propelled Obama into the White House would have kicked into high gear with supporters camped out in Judiciary Chairman Grassley’s front yard demanding he give her a hearing.

“Who listens to Orrin Hatch?” a liberal activist exclaims, still angry at Obama for “taking the path of least resistance. He didn’t want to make waves.” Hatch had given his blessing to President Clinton naming Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Obama thought history could repeat itself. “He was fooled by Orrin Hatch, who then turned around and betrayed him,” this activist says. “He made a terrible mistake, the biggest mistake of his presidency.”

At the Democratic Convention in July 2016, Obama spoke eloquently on Hillary Clinton’s behalf, but did he mention Garland’s stalled nomination? “Not a word,” says the activist. “Not one word.” If a Republican president had been denied his Supreme Court pick by a Democratic Senate, there would have been hell to pay. Obama kept hoping reason would prevail

https://www.thedailybeast.com/will-obama-ever-fess-up-to-his-merrick-garland-mess?ref=home

Suck it LOSERS!

0RlaxPUFiYaCdA99

I agree with this 100%. This is just a nice way of saying Obama was a *****. Exactly like his failed foreign policies too. He ****** up his chances to shape the Supreme Court.

Of course, the democrats all thought they were invincible so.....

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/nbc-repo...nnedy-conspired-pick-kavanaughwith-zero-proof

NBC 'Reporter' Spreads Rumors Trump and Kennedy Conspired to Pick Kavanaugh...With ZERO Proof

NBC reporters sparked a wildfire of all-out conspiracy theories on left-wing social media after reporting President Donald Trump and Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy had conspired to pick Kennedy’s replacement well before the 81-year-old justice announced his retirement -- claims that ended up being totally bogus.

NBC Capitol Hill reporter Leigh Ann Caldwell tweeted Tuesday – without giving proof or citing her source – that Trump and Kennedy had “been in negotiations for months over Kennedy’s replacement, “ adding that only after Kennedy had been assured the replacement would be his own former law clerk, Brett Kavanaugh, did he feel comfortable retiring.

Caldwell then tweeted that several other SCOTUS nominees Trump had floated to replace Kennedy were simply “cover” for Kavanaugh.

“In other words: the decision has been baked for a while,” she alleged.

And the media wonders why nobody believes or trusts them anymore. That story has been reported as fact all over the liberal media and social media. That was the intent all along. Ain't nobody re-tweeting the (sort of) retraction. It is now fact. Bunch of bullshit.

I agree with this 100%. This is just a nice way of saying Obama was a *****. Exactly like his failed foreign policies too. He ****** up his chances to shape the Supreme Court.

Of course, the democrats all thought they were invincible so.....

Yep. They all thought it was in the bag for Clinton. They never thought Trump would win, much less consider the second and third order effects of a Trump presidency. It took less than 24 hours for them to come up with a lie to try and discredit the whole SCOTUS nomination.

I posited a question to a friend of mine. I asked, If abortion was so popular why hasn't the left passed a law or amended the constitution to reflect that? I mean, Roe v. Wade was in 1973. You have had 44 plus years to get this taken care of, including super majorities in both houses of congress during Obama's presidency. Why didn't they do it then? Instead, you just run around with your hair on fire blaming President Trump for nominating a guy that follows the constitution, claiming he is gong to strip your rights which is categorically untrue.

I told her, maybe you should try holding your politicians accountable for the times they failed you and vote them out of office, instead of trying to impeach a person you never even gave a chance. I told her it was stupid to leave it to a court decision that could be over turned at any time. Also mentioned that elections have consequences.

She told me to **** off and never talk to her again and unfriended me on face book. She wasn't a longtime friend so no big deal. Just kind of a bummer that you can't even talk about these things to people anymore. If you aren't calling Trump a Nazi, harassing people out for a meal and burning down neighborhoods in protest, you are the enemy of liberal America.

[QUOTE]She told me to **** off and never talk to her again and unfriended me on face book. She wasn't a longtime friend so no big deal. Just kind of a bummer that you can't even talk about these things to people anymore. If you aren't calling Trump a Nazi, harassing people out for a meal and burning down neighborhoods in protest, you are the enemy of liberal America. [/QUOTE]

I have seen this more and more since Donald's victory. We even had a couple crybaby's that quit the Vets club because there were Trump people"in there".

resist-trump-azdem-org-resist-nothing-like-a-tote-bag-to-21759567.png

Look, I'm pro-choice. Have been my whole like. I don't like them past 18 weeks (or past 16 weeks from inception since the timing thing is kind of hard to understand) and think you should need reasons/sign-off from both an Obstetrician and Pediatrician after that (like something shows up on the 18-20 weeks ultrasound).

But all that said, I can't for the life of me see the connection between abortion and the Roe vs. Wade ruling that it's somehow tied to the Constitution's 14th Amendment and Right of Privacy (which by the way is NOT in the Bill of Rights and isn't quite a "Right" at all).

To me Roe vs. Wade has always been on somewhat shaky Constitutional ground and isn't quite as intuitive or obvious in the connection the court tried to make in 1973. But that's just from the opinion of a legal layman.

If the court continues to uphold that during first trimester, the State can not interfere or restrict Abortion as it is "exclusively" a decision of privacy between a Doctor and a Woman, I'm okay with it in the long run. I do think a more conservative court (which might even uphold this portion of Roe vs. Wade) WILL allow further restrictions to abortions between the end of the first trimester and "viability". And honestly, there are a lot of pro-choice people that don't like 2nd trimester abortions at all (and polls show this).

All-in-all, Roe vs. Wade and abortion will always remain a somewhat regional legal setting (just like guns). There will always be parts of this country where abortions (like guns) are going to be treated as "more legal" and there will always be areas of this country (like guns) that are more restrictive.

That's partly what I think makes this country great. It doesn't have to be monotonous. We are the United STATES of America. We can agree to disagree on things and if you don't like it we have extremely easy movement across state lines to move where you see fit.

You gotta love that honest media. Bunch of low life, scum sucking, dishonest, swine. I hope Trump keeps making them look like morons every step of the way and rubs it right in their ******* faces.

Collins and Murkowski signal comfort with Kavanaugh

President Donald Trump could have done a lot worse than Brett Kavanaugh, according to Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins.

The centrist GOP senators offered few hints on Tuesday about how they will vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. But it’s clear that Trump could have made confirmation in the narrowly divided Senate much more difficult if he had picked someone like 7th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Amy Coney Barrett or another equally conservative nominee.

“Let’s put it this way: There were some who have been on the list that I would have had a very, very difficult time supporting, just based on what was already publicly known about them,” Murkowski (R-Alaska) said in an interview on Monday. “We’re not dealing with that.”

Collins (R-Maine) told reporters that while she wouldn’t directly compare Kavanaugh with Barrett, she touted Kavanaugh’s experience and sounded warm notes about him while insisting she has yet to decide.

“It will be very difficult for anyone to argue that he’s not qualified for the job. He clearly is qualified for the job,” Collins said. “But there are other issues involving judicial temperament and his political, or rather, his judicial philosophy that also will play into my decision.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/10/kavanaugh-collins-murkowski-senate-confirmation-707545

So it may have even been posted here, but SCOTUS Elena Kagan thinks highly enough of him that she hired him to take her place at Harvard Law when she was confirmed as a Justice. And people are losing their ****? Wow, what a ****-show.

And **** her (FB friend) Sarge. If she can't be civil and agree to disagree like a normal adult, she's not worth your time. Unreal though.

So it may have even been posted here, but SCOTUS Elena Kagan thinks highly enough of him that she hired him to take her place at Harvard Law when she was confirmed as a Justice. And people are losing their ****? Wow, what a ****-show.

And **** her (FB friend) Sarge. If she can't be civil and agree to disagree like a normal adult, she's not worth your time. Unreal though.

Well, considering they had the protest planned and the media had already written the outrage reports a full 90 minutes before Trump announced who it was, I think it's safe to say that it has nothing to do with this guy. It's still all about Trump and more phony outrage that we're supposed to believe.

Is now a good time to work on totally repealing Obamacare? Haven't heard it mentioned in a long time. That'd send more than a few of those schmuck politicians and their high and mighty constituents to the rehab clinic or a safe space with free mocha cap a chinos and a warm blankie

You guys hear that? That’s the sound of Governor Phil Murphy’s B hole clenching up tight. Idiotic gun laws are going to leave NJ I can ******* feel it.

That state has waaaaaaaaaaaaay overstepped its authority as well as numerous others. A constitution is only good if it's followed and enforced.