• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

JUSTIN FIELDS

Exactly!
Why try to develop one with an incapable staff, when you can, for little more than a song and a dance, sign a very experienced Pro Bowl caliper, playoff hardened, Super Bowl experienced capable QB?

That's what I call an opportunity just staring at you in the face...
Isn't Wilson's range far above this?

Exactly!
Why try to develop one with an incapable staff, when you can, for little more than a song and a dance, sign a very experienced Pro Bowl caliper, playoff hardened, Super Bowl experienced capable QB?

That's what I call an opportunity just staring at you in the face...
bring in Unibrow if the price is right...fits the criteria
Gonna be embarassing to the Shaded one when he steals KP's lunch tho

I agree with what Bradshaw has said recently, Surround the kid with playmakers and let him evolve.
It's exactly what SF has done whether it is Purdy or was Jimmy G, decent- B- arm and good enough mobility and playmakers all over, let Kenny read the D and make plays, Fields/Nix/Penix rather give KP the year work with Smith and a better OL.
I honestly think aside from JJ and Danials, these QBs will not live up to the hype. I don't think with the ego Caleb has he can reach Mahomes or at best Tua. He if drafted by the wrong org and if doesn't take the NFL Serious u will have another Kyler or Manziel, which the team that gets him wont tolerate for more than 2 years and then Caleb will be in a Mayfield situation

I have zero faith that the Steelers coaching staff can develop a qb. They've done well with edge rushers, that's about it.
I'm not even sure you can really give them much credit for really developing any player. What player do you think has been developed?
Watt - NO he is great because, he is just ******* great.
Harrison - Nah, again just another truly great player
Highsmith - Maybe you could count him
Dupree - Maybe you could count him
Jarvis Jones - Oh hell no, they couldn’t even though they tried
Bush - yeah right
Worilds - not at all

I agree with what Bradshaw has said recently, Surround the kid with playmakers and let him evolve.
It's exactly what SF has done whether it is Purdy or was Jimmy G, decent- B- arm and good enough mobility and playmakers all over, let Kenny read the D and make plays, Fields/Nix/Penix rather give KP the year work with Smith and a better OL.
I honestly think aside from JJ and Danials, these QBs will not live up to the hype. I don't think with the ego Caleb has he can reach Mahomes or at best Tua. He if drafted by the wrong org and if doesn't take the NFL Serious u will have another Kyler or Manziel, which the team that gets him wont tolerate for more than 2 years and then Caleb will be in a Mayfield situation
People were writing Tua off early too.

I'm not even sure you can really give them much credit for really developing any player. What player do you think has been developed?
Watt - NO he is great because, he is just ******* great.
Harrison - Nah, again just another truly great player
Highsmith - Maybe you could count him
Dupree - Maybe you could count him
Jarvis Jones - Oh hell no, they couldn’t even though they tried
Bush - yeah right
Worilds - not at all

True in some sense. I think Dick LeBeau had a huge hand in progressing Harrison. And of course Harrison really putting in the effort to learn the defense. The rest is ALL Harrison, his internal drive and investing in himself physically.

So yeah you're totally right. I'm not sure what our coaches actually do? The offense is a joke and honestly so is the defensive scheme.

The HC I have absolutely no idea what he does.

Yes---I would almost guarantee he would do better than OK!
MSGA!

I doubt it. A twice cast off qb. Something is not right. I do like the guy as a person. I think he's a
solid human. Being nice isn't winning you ****.

I think it's 100% wishful thinking anyway. We know exactly how the Steelers operate.

I would be completely shocked if they shelled out a bunch of money for QB to come in after drafting one in round 1 just two years ago.

My biggest concern is the coaching staff. We've had over a decade of a team stuck in neutral.

There's probably nothing they could possibly do in the offseason and draft that would make me believe they're capable of really contending again, until they actually do it in the playoffs.

True in some sense. I think Dick LeBeau had a huge hand in progressing Harrison. And of course Harrison really putting in the effort to learn the defense. The rest is ALL Harrison, his internal drive and investing in himself physically.

So yeah you're totally right. I'm not sure what our coaches actually do? The offense is a joke and honestly so is the defensive scheme.

I threw Bush in there to promote my agenda, even though he wasn’t really an edge rusher.

The thing I don’t understand is this. Why is Fields a “Franchise” QB that the Steelers just have to trade for, yet not one for Da Bears To keep on their team?

that's what's so stupid with all this Fields talk. If he's so great then the Bears should keep him and draft some WRs. They have multiple picks. Maybe trade back a few picks and grab Marvin Harrison then Brock Bowers with their next 1st rounder?

I threw Bush in there to promote my agenda, even though he wasn’t really an edge rusher.

That guy should have never made it past 3rd string and maybe a 5th or 6th round draft pick.

that's what's so stupid with all this Fields talk. If he's so great then the Bears should keep him and draft some WRs. They have multiple picks. Maybe trade back a few picks and grab Marvin Harrison they Brock Bowers with their next 1st rounder?

Gosh could you imagine getting Harrison and Bowers?

that's what's so stupid with all this Fields talk. If he's so great then the Bears should keep him and draft some WRs. They have multiple picks. Maybe trade back a few picks and grab Marvin Harrison then Brock Bowers with their next 1st rounder?
Rightfully so, fans are upset with Kenny's lack of TDs from game A to B. **** if they think that is frustrating get Just in- more turnovers on the- Fields behind center and they will blow their lids clean off. That shiny car off the used car lot looks good until you put in the key and start er up. Or you crawl under the car take a good look and realize it is leaking oil.

Careful what you wish for in life you just might get it.

I dont deny there is still a chance fields develops, but there is still a chance Pickett improves too. It makes little sense sending premium assets out for a used QB who is entering his 4th season.. knowing you basically have to play him.. especially when his weaknesses are the ones you dont want on the team.

Prior to Dan Rooney getting absolute power, the Steelers often traded premium picks for old vets and reclamation projects... its how they were losers for almost four decades.. a couple low asset or no asset adds of these kinds of players are fine, but you dont want to be paying big for them

Wasn't Haskins, RIP, a similarly failed over-drafted mobile QB who got cut loose when new coaching/draft hopes made him expendable......the Steelers added him as a FA, as I recall.

That would be a better price for this next in-line Bears cast-off, over-drafted soon-to-be-former QB.

Hell, even though Mitch was a FA, we still paid way too much for him.

He is more known for his “Tomlinisms” with-in his interviews. Near full time job coming up with the material, then add in the buddy chat sessions and fine tuning the “Turn hell lose” methodology. He’s a pretty busy coach.!!!

Next question.

Salute the nation

He is more known for his “Tomlinisms” with-in his interviews. Near full time job coming up with the material, then add in the buddy chat sessions and fine tuning the “Turn hell lose” methodology. He’s a pretty busy coach.!!!

Next question.

Salute the nation
To the lab!

Wasn't Haskins, RIP, a similarly failed over-drafted mobile QB who got cut loose when new coaching/draft hopes made him expendable......the Steelers added him as a FA, as I recall.

That would be a better price for this next in-line Bears cast-off, over-drafted soon-to-be-former QB.

Hell, even though Mitch was a FA, we still paid way too much for him.

Lol Haskins had work ethic issues which are known career enders and media people still had us trading a first round pick for him... we ultimately got him for nothing...

Barring a perfect storm situation like Mincah, trading top three round picks should rarely, if ever, happen

This article is the typical misleading BS from amateur blog ********... Shefter said he Thinks that Atlanta is out of the Fields market and then speculated that maybe Pittsburgh would be a landing spot.

There is zero point zero confirmation of anything there.

Kahn said hed explore all QB options... but that doesnt mean he is interested in any or all of them.

I wouldnt touch fields unless that fifth year wasnt in play.. its 21.9 million guaranteed. id make a lowball conditional offer and if they take it, great... if not, who cares...

These hacks just make up shyt in hopes they get lucky

I hope he goes elsewhere. My gut feeling tells me he would be a disaster here.

These hacks just make up shyt in hopes they get lucky
True and even for the cases where there was interest too many variables go into them actually coming aboard. Asking price,other teams interest, players interest,etc.

If they are thinking of him, no way I give up more than a 3rd this year and maybe a 5th next year. We have too many holes to fill and they would still have to negotiate a long-term deal with Fields or he is just a rental for a year or two which makes no sense. I would still be shocked if they gave up on KP so quickly. They are only going to give KP 1 year as a starter and throw in the towel? That makes little sense as well.