• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Justin Jefferson or Stephon Diggs??? Big Named WR on the Steelers radar...

Gosh I had to look up Jefferson just to see who that is. I generally have no interest in NFC teams.

I do know Stephon Diggs because the Steelers have played against several times in the past.

Whomever they get, I hope they don't stray from building the lines by giving away draft picks.
I'm of the same mind; and Diggs comes with some diva-like mindset. We don't need any mental irregularities after just getting rid of some. Diggs was a problem last year in Buffalo. We don't need that kind of mindset.

With everything that's going on, I HAVE to figure the Dan Moore experiment is over; that was leftover Tomlin/Colbert nonsense. That nonsense is NOW over, I pray to God.

I'm not saying get rid of him, he would make depth as he can play both sides. He is also another year of rookie contract, so cheap.

Salute the nation

Gosh I had to look up Jefferson just to see who that is. I generally have no interest in NFC teams.

I do know Stephon Diggs because the Steelers have played against several times in the past.

Whomever they get, I hope they don't stray from building the lines by giving away draft picks.

My biggest fear is trench workers being ignored.

KStilley (post23) says it real well in useage of overpriced WR.

Salute the nation

Definitely no to Diggs and I just can't see them giving up 1 or 2 1st round picks and the huge cap hits that will come with any of these guys via a trade. I just can't see it happening. The team has too many holes to do something like this. Just take a WR in the 1st round.

How in the hell could they possibly get Justin Jefferson?
All that needs to happen is for Jefferson to say he wants out of Minnesota. The Vikings, who don't want hostages any more than the Steelers do, then cut him.
And because every player in the league wants to play for Mike, Jefferson signs for the league minimum.

See, easy.

All that needs to happen is for Jefferson to say he wants out of Minnesota. The Vikings, who don't want hostages any more than the Steelers do, then cut him.
And because every player in the league wants to play for Mike, Jefferson signs for the league minimum.

See, easy.

If only

Salute the nation

Really?!?
This isn't the days of the old AFL & NFL leagues any longer man!

No these are the days of I don't give a **** about any other team in the league. I don't even like the NFL or it's ****** overpriced watered-down trash football product.

I am a Steelers fan. That's it. Most of that is because of the past I grew up with.

Definitely no to Diggs and I just can't see them giving up 1 or 2 1st round picks and the huge cap hits that will come with any of these guys via a trade. I just can't see it happening. The team has too many holes to do something like this. Just take a WR in the 1st round.
Hell naw!!! We need a new C desperately!!!

The team knows how to find WR and, mostly, develop them.

JJ very well could be a pipe dream or it could turn into something very real.

Just let this marinate as you read this...

Minnesota has these QBs CURRENTLY in the roster:

1. Sam Darnold
2. Jaren Hall
3. Nick Mullens

Pittsburgh:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Justin Fields

Now, pull that meat out of the seasonings and get ready to eat.

If you're a WR, which group of QBs looks more enticing???

#I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but this just makes good sense.

Make it happen, Omar!!!

Jefferson is in the last year of his deal. I can’t see the Steelers signing him long term. If they go for Jefferson, it could be a 1 year rental to go for a Super Bowl.

No these are the days of I don't give a **** about any other team in the league. I don't even like the NFL or it's ****** overpriced watered-down trash football product.

I am a Steelers fan. That's it. Most of that is because of the past I grew up with.

AMEN !!!

Salute the nation

rather trade for scary terry, fast, good hands, no diva issues

I totally get that man......

But you had to have heard of Justin Jefferson?....No?

I totally get that man......

But you had to have heard of Justin Jefferson?....No?

Nope. Should I? If the Steelers play them regularly I'll know them. I do track statistics before games vs opponents.

They really have to be making a splash before it makes a ripple on my side of the pond.

It's looks like he had 68 catches for a little over 1000 yards last season with 5td.

I'd rather draft a fresh one. They're a dime a dozen. Just need a qb who's on target.

Last edited:
I would sigh Renfroe for a **** ton less money, and draft a WR in the 2nd/3rd round. Use the first round pick to go after a C.

Jefferson is in the last year of his deal. I can’t see the Steelers signing him long term. If they go for Jefferson, it could be a 1 year rental to go for a Super Bowl.
I can't see Jefferson playing without having an extension, he's going to be the highest paid WR ever, I don't see him risking injury and playing without that extension.

I'm not saying get rid of him, he would make depth as he can play both sides. He is also another year of rookie contract, so cheap.

Salute the nation
No, I'm cool with keeping him on the roster for this contract but NOT with him as being the planned starter on either side. He's a 4th rounder who plays like one. He is among the worst OTs in the NFL.

Man has this been a loooong offseason. Some of you are really reaching here.
Justin Jefferson or Brandon Aiyuk sure either would be great to have but they’re not going to or should they give up a first round pick and a player then they have to be paid top money.
This just won’t happen. It’s one thing to sign an old QB to vet minimum who pretty much no one wanted and is being paid 38 million to not play, and another to lure a team to give up a top WR on the cheap and sign him to a lower end contract.
Ain’t happening boys! Nice to dream though.
Hold onto our draft capital, sign Tyler Boyd as a 3rd receiver and draft our WR in the second round.
Plenty of quality receivers in the draft!

Justin Jefferson or Brandon Aiyuk sure either would be great to have but they’re not going to or should they give up a first round pick and a player then they have to be paid top money.
This just won’t happen. It’s one thing to sign an old QB to vet minimum who pretty much no one wanted and is being paid 38 million to not play, and another to lure a team to give up a top WR on the cheap and sign him to a lower end contract.
Hold onto our draft capital, sign Tyler Boyd as a 3rd receiver and draft our WR in the second round.
If we use our 2nd rounder on WR, that means we can use our 1st rounder on JPJ @ C or if we miss out on him, use our 3rd on a lesser C and our 1st on a RT, DL or CB, BPA. We are NOT 1 player away so we shouldn't act like we are. We need our draft picks.

I can live with that....with one minor revision...

Draft our WR in the first round...
B. Thomas - LSU