• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Justin Jefferson or Stephon Diggs??? Big Named WR on the Steelers radar...

look i know he is like the number 1 center option,, but pictures are telling me hes a chubby kid with some athletic ability at college level... No im not an expert... im just sayin,,, look at that left picture.
I agree he looks like he could eat himself out of the league. I know lineman are not usually athletic specimens, but he seems to be carrying way too much extra flab for as young as he is.

This is a strike first strike hard no mercy league now. we need game changers like Jefferson first and foremost.
Based on the pro day visits, a lot of first-round OTs and CBs are getting close looks. I wonder if they like a center not named JPJ or if they're looking to acquire a veteran still.

A lot of interesting WRs who could be big playmakers in the NFL and in range for the Steelers: Brian Thomas, Adonai Mitchell, Roman Wilson, Xavier Worthy, Malachi Corley, etc. Then you also have guys like Troy Franklin, Ladd McConkey, Ricky Pearsall, etc. I would not mind at all going back-to-back WRs if the talent is sitting there. The Steelers need to invest in the offense.

I could possibly be very wrong in my thinking here but maybe if we had an explosive passing game with solid QB and receiver play our OL wouldn't look as bad as it has.

When you are stacking 8 or 9 defenders in the box because you have zero fear of the pass your ol is gonna look like ****.

When Ben won his first SB our oline was considered one of the worst in the NFL but people feared our passing game and didn't stack the box. Hell Bettis was in his last year and was worn down and Parker was no franchise back.

This is a strike first strike hard no mercy league now. we need game changers like Jefferson first and foremost.
Without Parker Steelers don't win that superbowl.
Parker was a 2 time pro bowler who was leading the league in rushing in 2007 ahead of the legendary ladanian Tomlinson, until he got hurt.
More rushing yards in a 3 year span than any other Steeler RB in history.
Have some respect.
And no we don't need to sign Jefferson. Guy will be the highest paid WR in the league. rightfully so.

Based on the pro day visits, a lot of first-round OTs and CBs are getting close looks. I wonder if they like a center not named JPJ or if they're looking to acquire a veteran still.

A lot of interesting WRs who could be big playmakers in the NFL and in range for the Steelers: Brian Thomas, Adonai Mitchell, Roman Wilson, Xavier Worthy, Malachi Corley, etc. Then you also have guys like Troy Franklin, Ladd McConkey, Ricky Pearsall, etc. I would not mind at all going back-to-back WRs if the talent is sitting there. The Steelers need to invest in the offense.
The Center position is of great concern to me. It looks like they are waiting for the draft to address it. There doesn't appear to be much depth at this position. Do they trade up to ensure getting JPJ or take a chance that he's still available? If he's taken, do they reach for best player still available?

This is beginning to have all the earmarks of when we desperately needed a WR and reached for Troy Edwards. A completely wasted draft pick. Hope I'm wrong.

But not at the risk of the OL; take care of the OL 1st and foremost. We know Tomlin won't do so on his own accord, just look at his track record: a 4th round nobody as starting LT and a 3rd-round OG forcing him to switch positions as your starting C. That's what we got with Tomlin and the OL. Tomlin needs FORCED to do what's right because on his own, he seems clueless with personnel.

Without Parker Steelers don't win that superbowl.
Parker was a 2 time pro bowler who was leading the league in rushing in 2007 ahead of the legendary ladanian Tomlinson, until he got hurt.
More rushing yards in a 3 year span than any other Steeler RB in history.
Have some respect.
And no we don't need to sign Jefferson. Guy will be the highest paid WR in the league. rightfully so.
Willie Parker was in the league for six year and had less than 5400 yrds rushing and less than 700 yards receiving, Although I appreciate the effort he gave in the SB he still was not a franchise back. Jefferson is that guy that can change the outcome of the game for any team once he touches the ball, why shouldn't he be a steeler it isn't like it's your money being spent.

The Center position is of great concern to me. It looks like they are waiting for the draft to address it. There doesn't appear to be much depth at this position. Do they trade up to ensure getting JPJ or take a chance that he's still available? If he's taken, do they reach for best player still available?

This is beginning to have all the earmarks of when we desperately needed a WR and reached for Troy Edwards. A completely wasted draft pick. Hope I'm wrong.
What would be a little disappointing is if they miss out on a stud CB to pair with Porter because they have to take a center in the first.

Willie Parker was in the league for six year and had less than 5400 yrds rushing and less than 700 yards receiving, Although I appreciate the effort he gave in the SB he still was not a franchise back. Jefferson is that guy that can change the outcome of the game for any team once he touches the ball, why shouldn't he be a steeler it isn't like it's your money being spent.
Would you consider Jerome Bettis to be a franchise back?
Parker played 86 games or the current equivalent of 5 seasons. 5849 rush yds, 774 rec yds (77 scrimmage yds per game) 4.3 ypc
Bettis played 205 games or the current equivalent of 12 seasons. 14336 rush yds, 1506 rec yds (77 scrimmage yds per game) 3.9 ypc
Parker was 2x pro bowler and first team all pro, he also has 2 superbowl rings and the longest run in superbowl history.

Stop dreaming of Jefferson, Steelers are waaay to cheap to sign a guy like that. Plus signing Jefferson would be irresponsible considering the uncertainty at QB and holes on the offense and defense.

they wont.. watch for cb in rd 1. C in rd 2
There's enough depth at CB in the draft to wait until round 2 or even 3 of they want a Nickel primarily because they trust they have something in the sleeve between Trice and Rush.

Barton (who can play all over the line, reminds me of someone we didnt draft to get a RB...) or a Right Tackle in the 1st then BPA between WR/CB/OL.

But what I'm really hoping for is a trade down in the 1st to get an extra 3rd

Would you consider Jerome Bettis to be a franchise back?
Parker played 86 games or the current equivalent of 5 seasons. 5849 rush yds, 774 rec yds (77 scrimmage yds per game) 4.3 ypc
Bettis played 205 games or the current equivalent of 12 seasons. 14336 rush yds, 1506 rec yds (77 scrimmage yds per game) 3.9 ypc
Parker was 2x pro bowler and first team all pro, he also has 2 superbowl rings and the longest run in superbowl history.

Stop dreaming of Jefferson, Steelers are waaay to cheap to sign a guy like that. Plus signing Jefferson would be irresponsible considering the uncertainty at QB and holes on the offense and defense.
longevity has a little something to being a FRANCHISE player. Bettis was a freak of nature on the same level as Earl Campbell. Bettis is ranked 8th all time in rushing yards Parker is so low I didn't even see him listed. Bettis is in the hall of fame, Parker played his career with Ben who struck fear in the hearts of Defenses. Bettis play with below average QB play for the bigger part of his career which meant he had to carry the load for the team.

Bettis is exactly what a Franchise QB looks like. Comparing Parker to JB is a joke. Maybe you should take your own advice and show some respect.

As for Jefferson it would be irresponsible NOT to sign him if it is possible. I thought the whole idea of this sport was to win the SB and to do that you need the best you can get at any position you can get them. You do not have the 35 million wrapped up in a QB so why can't you pay 25 to 30 million to a game changer like Jefferson. It's thinking like yours that has this team behind the eight ball year after year.

I could possibly be very wrong in my thinking here but maybe if we had an explosive passing game with solid QB and receiver play our OL wouldn't look as bad as it has.

When you are stacking 8 or 9 defenders in the box because you have zero fear of the pass your ol is gonna look like ****.

When Ben won his first SB our oline was considered one of the worst in the NFL but people feared our passing game and didn't stack the box. Hell Bettis was in his last year and was worn down and Parker was no franchise back.

I think you are mistaking 2005 with 2008..
in 05 we had 2 all pro level OL guys and they were 5th in the NFL in Rushing...

2008 our oline was trashed ... 05 it was one of the better lines in the league

longevity has a little something to being a FRANCHISE player. Bettis was a freak of nature on the same level as Earl Campbell. Bettis is ranked 8th all time in rushing yards Parker is so low I didn't even see him listed. Bettis is in the hall of fame, Parker played his career with Ben who struck fear in the hearts of Defenses. Bettis play with below average QB play for the bigger part of his career which meant he had to carry the load for the team.

Bettis is exactly what a Franchise QB looks like. Comparing Parker to JB is a joke. Maybe you should take your own advice and show some respect.

As for Jefferson it would be irresponsible NOT to sign him if it is possible. I thought the whole idea of this sport was to win the SB and to do that you need the best you can get at any position you can get them. You do not have the 35 million wrapped up in a QB so why can't you pay 25 to 30 million to a game changer like Jefferson. It's thinking like yours that has this team behind the eight ball year after year.
QB? you drunk? or just stupid?
Bettis was a great throwback old school RB. Parker's career was cut short by injury. Doesn't change the fact that while on the field Parker had statistically better YPC, and equal yards from scrimmage per game.. No he didn't last as long but without Big Ben and Willie Parker Bettis has 0 superbowls.
Not one person in the world looked at the 2023 Steelers and said "We are a Justin Jefferson away from winning the superbowl."
Tyreek Hill was the highest paid WR in the league last year and had the best stats. They didn't make the playoffs

QB? you drunk? or just stupid?
Bettis was a great throwback old school RB. Parker's career was cut short by injury. Doesn't change the fact that while on the field Parker had statistically better YPC, and equal yards from scrimmage per game.. No he didn't last as long but without Big Ben and Willie Parker Bettis has 0 superbowls.
Not one person in the world looked at the 2023 Steelers and said "We are a Justin Jefferson away from winning the superbowl."
Tyreek Hill was the highest paid WR in the league last year and had the best stats. They didn't make the playoffs
Okay now you're being an *** hole because I made a typo. but hey that whats usually happens when whiners like you don't get their way on a message board. We are all entitled to our opinions until some ******** like you comes along and demands that their ideas are the only ones that count.

I just don't understand why you are wasting your time on a message board when it is painfully obvious that you think you are general manager material. so go **** yourself and put me on ignore if you don't like my opinions. BTW the only stupid person between us is you for thinking you're so smart and and only your opinions matter. so again go **** yourself.

Last thing Parker's career was cut short because he couldn't take the pounding that a featured back needed to take on a team that ran the ball.. Oh yeah if I didn't say it before go **** yourself.

Okay now you're being an *** hole because I made a typo. but hey that whats usually happens when whiners like you don't get their way on a message board. We are all entitled to our opinions until some ******** like you comes along and demands that their ideas are the only ones that count.

I just don't understand why you are wasting your time on a message board when it is painfully obvious that you think you are general manager material. so go **** yourself and put me on ignore if you don't like my opinions. BTW the only stupid person between us is you for thinking you're so smart and and only your opinions matter. so again go **** yourself.

Last thing Parker's career was cut short because he couldn't take the pounding that a featured back needed to take on a team that ran the ball.. Oh yeah if I didn't say it before go **** yourself.
My opinions? They aren't opinions or ideas they happen to be statistical facts.

A multi time pro bowler, 2 time superbowl winner, with a statistically more efficient career, statistically better 3 year span than any 3 years Bettis had. It's not my opinion if its factually correct.
You saying Parker wasn't a feature back, despite his superior production is you're opinion. You have a right to that opinion. You're opinion just doesn't align with anything factual.
I don't think i'm smart I just know the difference between fact and opinion.

Does anyone think that restructuring Highsmith's contract coupled with SF drafting a WR means that Aiyuk could be in play again?

Does anyone think that restructuring Highsmith's contract coupled with SF drafting a WR means that Aiyuk could be in play again?
I would say at this point I doubt it. But isn’t traded yet so we’ll see.

No one of as going to give a first and a huge contract. Contrary to the pundits’ assertions, if Aiyuk (or even Sutton) were/are going to be traded, yesterday wasn’t the day. Today would be the most likely for Aiyuk.