• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kaboly: Fields looks like Ben and like Mark Malone

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...mes-looks-like-big-ben-sometimes-mark-malone/

Well, what Kaboly says seems to be the consensus so far about how Fields looks: super athletic, can make everyone else look like Pop Warner players some plays, but resembles Mark Malone on others. (The Mark Malone reference isn't meant to be a compliment; 23-30 W-L record, 60 TDs, 81 ints).

Once again they say "Fields needs more time to learn the NFL." Really, like how much more time? His TD-int ratio isn't horrid (40 TDs-20 ints) but his win-loss record is (10 wins, 28 Ls). They say QBs often struggle as rookies, no way to avoid it. But Fields isn't a rookie, far from it. 2024 is his 4th year in the NFL. Not his 1st or even his 2nd. Some place the blame at the feet of the Bears. They weren't any better than an offense by Canada. But word out of OTA's - and this piece by Kaboly being no exception - is that Fields is often seen struggling.

I'm willing to give him more time that just OTAs to critique Fields, but I'm not holding my breath for him being Pgh's "next starting QB." I think we are staring at another 1st-round draft pick at QB next year (unless Wilson explodes enough to make Pgh pay him in 2025, but even then we still got to consider our future).

I can't see Fields as the guy after Wilson's brief tenure here. I hear he's a good guy, so I hope to be wrong.

We will not get much drafting a QB at 32 next year.
Not only that...heres is the best available..

ShedeurSanders133382139911191294.jpg

Lots to find out about both Russ and Justin.
Is Wilson finished? Are the last few seasons any indication that his best days are far behind? Idk, we shall see. I am concerned with the high volume of sacks the past two years which could be an issue behind a remade OL.
Then there’s young Justin. Yep, very athletic! Can run with the best of them but that’s not his issue. His processing has not been good just like Kenny.
These two guys both Justin and Kenny both must improve how they process what they see and how quickly they can do it. That’s the key to their success in this league.

really saying a qb looks like Mark Malone would not be a compliment????

wow.....who would have known
Malone had a successful broadcasting career after playing, a lot of younger fans maybe not have realized he sucked as a QB. Do you grasp this?

I can't see Fields as the guy after Wilson's brief tenure here. I hear he's a good guy, so I hope to be wrong.
A lot of Fields' x-coaches don't speak of him in glowing terms but his x-teammates seemed to like him. So, I'd agree with the "good guy" analysis. His x-coaches have said a lot about his lack of field vision and ability to read a defense. I really fear a "Tomlin buddy connection" where Shades "connects" with Fields only to ignore his performances (ala Harvin for 3 years, who has yet to have been picked up by any NFL team).

A lot of Fields' x-coaches don't speak of him in glowing terms but his x-teammates seemed to like him. So, I'd agree with the "good guy" analysis. His x-coaches have said a lot about his lack of field vision and ability to read a defense. I really fear a "Tomlin buddy connection" where Shades "connects" with Fields only to ignore his performances (ala Harvin for 3 years, who has yet to have been picked up by any NFL team).
Do you go to sleep at night dreaming of multiple Tomlin’s jumping over a fence one after the other?

Why would you fear a Tomlin buddy connection based off of what? What makes Fields fall into the status you claim Harvin had?

I can see him blooming or busting. He has the physical gifts and does seem to be a good guy. Maybe a change of scenery wil do him some good along with less pressure.

Do you go to sleep at night dreaming of multiple Tomlin’s jumping over a fence one after the other?

Why would you fear a Tomlin buddy connection based off of what? What makes Fields fall into the status you claim Harvin had?
Is it really that hard to figure out?

Fields has had 30 ints in his career. Add in also 11 fumble losses on 38 fumbles.

Tomlin has loved fields since he was available in the draft his rookie year.. Google Window shopper from the site that shant be named , its right there.

Tomlin has loved fields since he was available in the draft his rookie year.. Google Window shopper from the site that shant be named , its right there.
Ouch, very ouch. I don't like what I can see developing there. Kahn and Rooney will need to keep the "Fields' love" in check. Falling in love with an incompetent punter is one thing, but a QB "buddy fest" and we have no shot.

I think you're feigning obtuseness, so no thanks to games of such.
You said it now you can’t elaborate on it. Perhaps you shouldn’t have typed something you are nervous to talk about. Especially something that has racial implications.

You said it now you can’t elaborate on it. Perhaps you shouldn’t have typed something you are nervous to talk about. Especially something that has racial implications.
Well, it is because of race. Nothing wrong with that. Every sports talking show when referring to Tomlin states how the young black athletes can relate to him so well because Tomlin's black. It is probably the main reason Tomlin is listed as the one HC players say they want to play for. Seems you are trying to turn this into a bad thing. I personally don't see it as bad or good. It just is what it is.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...mes-looks-like-big-ben-sometimes-mark-malone/

Well, what Kaboly says seems to be the consensus so far about how Fields looks: super athletic, can make everyone else look like Pop Warner players some plays, but resembles Mark Malone on others. (The Mark Malone reference isn't meant to be a compliment; 23-30 W-L record, 60 TDs, 81 ints).

Once again they say "Fields needs more time to learn the NFL." Really, like how much more time? His TD-int ratio isn't horrid (40 TDs-20 ints) but his win-loss record is (10 wins, 28 Ls). They say QBs often struggle as rookies, no way to avoid it. But Fields isn't a rookie, far from it. 2024 is his 4th year in the NFL. Not his 1st or even his 2nd. Some place the blame at the feet of the Bears. They weren't any better than an offense by Canada. But word out of OTA's - and this piece by Kaboly being no exception - is that Fields is often seen struggling.

I'm willing to give him more time that just OTAs to critique Fields, but I'm not holding my breath for him being Pgh's "next starting QB." I think we are staring at another 1st-round draft pick at QB next year (unless Wilson explodes enough to make Pgh pay him in 2025, but even then we still got to consider our future).
Note--- Fields has had 3 offensive coordinators over his first 3 years.

Let's see what he can do in a stable situation...