• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kaboly: Fields looks like Ben and like Mark Malone

I can see him blooming or busting. He has the physical gifts and does seem to be a good guy. Maybe a change of scenery wil do him some good along with less pressure.
We can only hope for the boom, wouldn’t that be lucky

Will we get the Fields that couldn’t beat out Stetson Bennett for a starting job

Or the Fields that almost won something at OSU

Hopefully the latter

Well, it is because of race. Nothing wrong with that. Every sports talking show when referring to Tomlin states how the young black athletes can relate to him so well because Tomlin's black. It is probably the main reason Tomlin is listed as the one HC players say they want to play for. Seems you are trying to turn this into a bad thing. I personally don't see it as bad or good. It just is what it is.
He didn’t mean it in a positive way, his comments suggested he would show favoritism based off race. Then he wouldn’t expand on it further looking guilty. Cooch has a history of racial comments so no I am not trying to turn it into a bad thing the originator of the comment did that just fine without my assistance. His fear was Fields would suck but he would stay with him just because he was his buddy like Harvin. One thing mentoring a black player it is another saying he is showing favoritism due to his skin pigmentation. That isn’t a good implication.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...mes-looks-like-big-ben-sometimes-mark-malone/

Well, what Kaboly says seems to be the consensus so far about how Fields looks: super athletic, can make everyone else look like Pop Warner players some plays, but resembles Mark Malone on others. (The Mark Malone reference isn't meant to be a compliment; 23-30 W-L record, 60 TDs, 81 ints).

Once again they say "Fields needs more time to learn the NFL." Really, like how much more time? His TD-int ratio isn't horrid (40 TDs-20 ints) but his win-loss record is (10 wins, 28 Ls). They say QBs often struggle as rookies, no way to avoid it. But Fields isn't a rookie, far from it. 2024 is his 4th year in the NFL. Not his 1st or even his 2nd. Some place the blame at the feet of the Bears. They weren't any better than an offense by Canada. But word out of OTA's - and this piece by Kaboly being no exception - is that Fields is often seen struggling.

I'm willing to give him more time that just OTAs to critique Fields, but I'm not holding my breath for him being Pgh's "next starting QB." I think we are staring at another 1st-round draft pick at QB next year (unless Wilson explodes enough to make Pgh pay him in 2025, but even then we still got to consider our future).

He doesn't resemble Malone at all. Fields doesn't even have a mustache. Plus Malone was white.

In this picture Fields has some resemblance to Mahomes. Good omen!

th.jpg

Last edited:
Do you go to sleep at night dreaming of multiple Tomlin’s jumping over a fence one after the other?

Why would you fear a Tomlin buddy connection based off of what? What makes Fields fall into the status you claim Harvin had?

Must be that they're all Baptists.

Last edited:
If Kordell Stewart and Bubby Brister had a love child it would be named Justin Fields

You are a sick *******, but I enjoy all your great post(s) along the way.

Salute the nation

Some people say he's looked good some say he hasnt. It's 7 on 7 skel and Kaboly is not a coach
Same as saying Pickett is best q at Eagles OTAs. I might be in minority but I'd like to see Wilson take a minor three game injury. Finding out if they need to draft a q or not is worth more then groundhog day repeat to me.

You said it now you can’t elaborate on it. Perhaps you shouldn’t have typed something you are nervous to talk about. Especially something that has racial implications.
Your feigned obtuseness has already been acknowledged. No one said racial anything.

Last edited:
We can only hope for the boom, wouldn’t that be lucky

Will we get the Fields that couldn’t beat out Stetson Bennett for a starting job

Or the Fields that almost won something at OSU

Hopefully the latter
My biggest concern is he's missing the most critical skill of successful NFL QBs: the intangible skill of knowing where and when to throw the football. And that doesn't seem to be a skill that can be taught. Montana and Brady proved this skill was paramount. His x-Bear coaches talk about him just endlessly "staring" out into the playing field, never figuring anything out.

Some people say he's looked good some say he hasnt. It's 7 on 7 skel and Kaboly is not a coach
Same as saying Pickett is best q at Eagles OTAs. I might be in minority but I'd like to see Wilson take a minor three game injury. Finding out if they need to draft a q or not is worth more then groundhog day repeat to me.
It sure would be nice to see Fields in an in-game situation that counts. We will probably see it before all is said and done for 2024.

part of me hopes not only Wilson as well as fields do well cuz they are steelers and KP suks cuz hes as an eagle but dont want to hear all season how mansgement screwed up the qb situation while we go 9-8 or 8-9! KP looked all buff and cut over there for the eagles While hitting every receiver in site! While we are watch the second coming of kordell+mark malone geez us! Is all I can say!

Why we bustin' on this guy? I thought it was cool when Magnum PI played quarterback for the Steelers on weekends in between solving crimes.
Especially when he took a bullet to the shoulder every three episodes. Most QBs wouldn't be able to shake that off.

Why we bustin' on this guy? I thought it was cool when Magnum PI played quarterback for the Steelers on weekends in between solving crimes.
And he had those cool Dobermans. 😁

Chicago didnt develop Fields... I have little hope we will either...
chicago started him too early and then instead of pushing him to be a pass first qb, basically let him over rely on his athleticism to get by...
I give Smith a fighting chance to develop him if he isn’t roadblocked.

The word of the day is: obtuse

Yesterday was ad hominem

Let's see what tomorrow brings

Malone looked great this day in 1984, put up 52. 1984 was before we knew the dynasty was over.

I honestly had more confidence in Dwayne Haskins developing when they brought him in than I do in Fields. Not that I expected him to, but thought he had a better chance.

Though he wasn't good in Washington, I think Haskins showed more talent as a
pocket passer than Fields did in Chicago.

Malone looked great this day in 1984, put up 52. 1984 was before we knew the dynasty was over.

Nice find. I lived in San Diego at the time. Did some ministry work with Gill Byrd, and was friends with Miles McPherson. SD had the #1 offense and the last place defense in those days.

Malone could have looked better than he did over all. Not sure why it never really happened. He could get rattled it seemed.

Nice find. I lived in San Diego at the time. Did some ministry work with Gill Byrd, and was friends with Miles McPherson. SD had the #1 offense and the last place defense in those days.

Malone could have looked better than he did over all. Not sure why it never really happened. He could get rattled it seemed.
SD did have legendary BAD D in those days, for sure. Even in 1980, Terry's last playoff year I think, their D was bad but the O was still good enough to beat us in Pgh. If memory serves they went on to lose to Cinci in the "cold as balls" bowl in the AFCC game. No, that was in 1981, I'm not sure. 1980 was Bradshaw's last postseason though.

I honestly had more confidence in Dwayne Haskins developing when they brought him in than I do in Fields. Not that I expected him to, but thought he had a better chance.

Though he wasn't good in Washington, I think Haskins showed more talent as a
pocket passer than Fields did in Chicago.
Definitely have become the island of misfit toys. However, if Pickett was leaving I don't see hiw they could have done better unless they made a huge move on Cousins or to a lesser extent Mayfield.